+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gearing Up a Druid, Emblem Pick Order (Druid Tank)

Gearing Up a Druid, Emblem Pick Order (Druid Tank)

I just hit 80 and I'm starting heroics on my Druid (as heals since it was easier to pick up a heal set that's leather/cloth) and I'm looking for advice on emblem pick order for a tanking set (mine currently isn't good enough for heroics). I've looked online all over and I've only been able to find BIS/Frost emblem pick order. I was wondering if anyone had some advice on a pick order for mostly triumph with a few frost items and any must have heroic/normal mode goodies (TOC/ICC ones like The Black Heart)

Sorry if this needed to go in the HELP section but I wasn't sure which one would be more relevant.

buy the 264 chest from gunship (boe) and get the other 4 pieces of t10 from emblems

I'm looking for gearing up selections, mostly Triumph pick order, not necessarily BIS or frost emblems (found tons of those already online).

*Edit* To be clear the goal is 1) gear my tank set up to run heroics acceptably (I know I'm crit immune the biggest thing is getting enough hp that I don't take 1-2 bad hits and drop like a rock since most healers are over geared avoidance/taking more damage overall isn't as big of a concern starting out??) 2) gear tank/heals up to run ICC 10 normal (and switch over to a BIS list that's already online) Probably should have mentioned that in title but it's to late to change it now (an admin can if they feel it will help)
    Last edited by thebda; 09-01-2010 at 12:03 PM.

The easiest way to get gear is to farm the ToC5 and ICC5 man dungeons on Normal, this should give you a nice set to start tanking with without too many worries
    Once you have about 30~K Health in Bearform you should be okay to run heroics, that's what I did when I hit 80 anyway.
    I suggest putting blue gems in your (Triumph) gear because it's really not worth it to gem them with the Epic gems since you'll replace your gear fast.
    There's also some good gear available for Druid tanks in ToC10/25, a chest and leggings, same with some weapons, the Twin's Pact and Anguish ones. (I used Anguish because I never had Twin's Pact drop, use Distant land now.)
    For Weapon enchant I highly recommend Mongoose, Because it boosts your TPS considerably.

I wouldn't run ICC10 until you have about 45~K/50Kish Health with the 30% buff that's in place now, reason for this is that Druids take larger hits than Plate wearing tanks and we really rely on our huge healthpool to keep us alive.

Ehm, I can't really help you with a pick order as of this point because I don't really know what your gear is right now but the Triumph Headpiece Mask of Lethal intent is rather nice, then I guess you should get the Duskstalker Pauldrons. Also get the Idol of Mutilation but, as soon as you can spend the Frost emblems, get the Frost emblem Idol because it is BiS for Feral tanks. (Don't do this until you have all your T10 pieces that you want though) I don't recommend the Dodge trinket from the triump vendor. Just get Black Heart and maybe one from ToC10/25 if you can. Get the Corroded Skeleton Key once you can spare the emblems and then try to get the Sindragosa trinket. (If that's too farfetched go for Juggernaut's Vitality)

I got a useful link for you though for when you get better geared: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...t-In-Slot-list

And incase you're curious here's my druid (Currently in sortof DPS gear/some tanking gear because Armory is a fag): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...mmer&cn=Roscoe
    You could also look up Roscoe on Twilight's hammer on Wow-heroes.com, that shows my tanking set.

Hope this helps a bit. (Also don't gem for Agility please. Pure Stam and one Agi/Stam Gem to fill the red gem you need for your Metagem)
    Last edited by Sambers; 09-02-2010 at 06:28 AM.

Gearing Up a Druid, Emblem Pick Order (Druid Tank)

The glyph of indom is an awesome triumph trinket to get. That was my first purchase when my warrior dinged. I learned from my pally and DK that the Glyph + Black Heart make you much more healable. MMM...armor.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Yes for a Warrior maybe but we're talking about druid tanks here and since they already have more dodge in general than other classes have they value health a bit more. I remember having 40% dodge on my character when ICC came out so I wasn't all that affected by the Dodge debuff in ICC

Glyph is not about dodge; that's immaterial. (and it doesn't matter anyway, as while druids have more dodge they have less avoidance). It's about the ARMOR.

Armor is GOOD. Armor is GREAT. It's a very cheap armor boost.

You were affected the same as anyone else was in terms of dodge lost. That's a spurious argument.

For emblems, in general this should be your pick order:

Frost: Cloak, Belt. Buy saronite legs and boots. Then head, shoulders, gloves and legs.
    Triumph: trinket (unless your trinkets are awesome). Have chest and bracers made. Idol.

So I'm gathering that I should do a combination of random heroics and TOC/ICC 5 mans, getting the good trinkets/weps from the 5 mans and then triumph Idol, trinket. Then get the 245 chest/shoulders made and buy the rest of t9 stuff since the set bonus is only 5% crit and 10% on barkskin (which isn't much since I only use it as an oh shit button, maybe once or twice in an instance total. Then gem everything with +24 stam except one for helm (and a hybrid stam+something else if it's got a big stamina socket bonus). I'm assuming I want the meta that gives 2% armor?

You should be using barkskin as much as you can, the start of large pulls like in Heroic Halls of Reflection is a very nice time to use it.

Just go for the biggest upgrade over your current gears. Here's an example pre-raid set:
    http://www.chardev.org/?profile=450178
    Including some BoE, crafted and PvP gears. It's only an example, not best in slot before raid

Stamina + Agility gem is the one you should use to fill the 'red' slot for your Meta Gem.
    And yes you want the +2% armor value one.

+ Reply to Thread