+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blood Tap doesn't work with Vamp Blood

Blood Tap doesn't work with Vamp Blood

I read on wowhead that you can make a macro that says something like this:

/cast blood tap
    /cast vampiric blood

...Apparently, both blood tap and vamp blood are supposed to be off the global cd, so you should be able to use this macro to activate vamp blood when your blood runes are on cd.

However, when I try out this macro (when all my runes are on cd), I have to hit it twice -- once puts blood tap up, and the second puts vamp blood up. It does take my blood runes off cd in that even if I hit the macro when I have an 8 second cd on my blood runes, I can hit it again immediately and activate vamp blood.

So it's kind of useful in that way, but it would be even more useful if I could just hit it once. Is this possible?

I just tested it and it works for me. This is the exact macro I used:
    /cast Blood Tap
    /cast Vampiric Blood

I end up with one unused Death Rune(from Blood Tap), and a used Blood Rune.
    -My DK is a Healer

After testing with no Blood Runes available, it seems the macro always cast Vampiric Blood first which means that no runes are available to cast it.
    -My DK is a Healer

What would be the point in using blood tap at all if you just used the macro when you had blood runes available? Or is it so you can use it if you have only frost and/or unholy runes available?

The point of using them both when you have blood runes is to use the 4-piece tanking set bonus with Vamp blood.
    -My DK is a Healer

My 4-set bonus just reduces the cd on vamp blood by 10 seconds...So I guess having blood tap bound to vamp blood is useless for me? I have had it bound to vamp blood ever since I got both just because I thought it instantly made you able to use vamp blood when you had no blood runes :X.

It's possible that it worked the way you thought it did at one time, but it does not now. I had never tried the macro until I read your post. The 4-piece is the only reason I can think of to use that macro the way it currently works without spamming it. If you really want to use it, that is an option. Just spam the button untill everything fires.
    -My DK is a Healer

^ Ok, thank you for your help . I think I'll just keep it as is so I don't have to worry about not having a blood rune up -- even if I have to hit the button twice, it beats waiting 8 seconds for the runes to come off cd.

Quote Originally Posted by serabeth View Post
    I have had it bound to vamp blood ever since I got both just because I thought it instantly made you able to use vamp blood when you had no blood runes :X.
    I think that's the point of this macro, to have Vamp Blood always available. Dunno why it doesn't work, never tried this. In blood spec you usually have some blood or death rune available because of single rune Heart Strike, so it isn't that big deal.

It's because it requires the server to react and give you a Death Rune first before you can VB. There really is no option to instantly use BT+VB because of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

/castsequence Bloodtap, Vampiric blood

This will work every time but you will have to hit the button twice..

Just a tip though I wouldn't suggest this macro after the 4 set tier 10 bonus, since Blood tap can actually become a defensive CD itself.

4pc t10 bonus
    Last edited by Defile; 09-02-2010 at 11:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread