+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Debuffs

Debuffs

Hello all Ive read tons of forums on here and everyone is so helpful I figured id give it a shot. Im new to tanking switched over to a prot warr to try to become my guilds new MT but there is one question that has been bugging me. Why cant i see the other tanks debuffs. For example we are fighting saurfang our current mt starts off with threat first im just dpsing the boss until its my turn to pull. I /focus saurfang so that i can see who he is attacking but yet and still i cant see when the tanks gets the debuff majority of times i have to stand there and look at the tank so when he gets the buffs then i switch am i doing something wrong? Thank you in advance for the advice.

If you have DBM installed a big raid warning should make you aware of this. i think it is called rune of blood on saurfang

Cool thanks. I appreciate it. One last questions will dbm track the stacks of the debuff. For bosses like toravon and fester

Re: Debuffs

Focus is just on the wrong target. If you need to see the other tanks debuffs then focus him. Bossmods can be other solution. Or you can configure powerauras to display something for a certain situation. Or you can configure your raidframes to show debuffs.
    Simple and reliable nevertheless is just to focus your co-tank so you can see bis debuffs.

Cheers!
    Skaggi

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

AS Skaggi said you can just focus the other tank. i like to keep my ui pretty clean so i just let DBM track the stacks. It writes them into chat and pops up on the screen. The raid warns are often in yellow and turn blue when you have to taunt but you should have gone into the fight already knowing when your going to taunt. hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by BOLSHAVIK View Post
    Cool thanks. I appreciate it. One last questions will dbm track the stacks of the debuff. For bosses like toravon and fester
    Yes. It will say stuff like "Gaseous Bloat (3) on ____".

Involved answer: Use a player-frame mod such as Pitbull to implement a custom UI that shows you, your target and your target's target and the buffs/debuffs on all of them in the most efficient manner possible

Uninvolved answer: Set your focus on the other tank and watch for the debuff

General recommendation:
    NEVER rely on DBM for the Blood Rune, the timing frequently gets off by a few seconds and any difference between DBM and the actual debuff either causes taunts to come too early or too late. Physically watching the debuffs yourself is far more accurate then waiting for DBM to yell at you. Also avoid macroing things as much as possible, keybind everything and practice until you can press exactly what you need when you need it for the most precision possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelnut View Post
    General recommendation: NEVER rely on DBM for the Blood Rune,
    Correct me if I'm wrong: whille the DBM timers can be off, the actual alert -- which only occurs when the debuff is actually applied -- is not. If you look for the alert, rather than anticipate using the timer, it should be fine.

I have seen the alert not go off when it should. You can get away with it but why rely on a partially accurate mod when you can easily see the debuff and react instantly?

I don't know how many times I have seen meh tanks fail on blood rune taunt timing due to not seeing debuffs... and they all ad DBM
    Last edited by Squirrelnut; 08-31-2010 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelnut View Post
    I have seen the alert not go off when it should. You can get away with it but why rely on a partially accurate mod when you can easily see the debuff and react instantly?
    To be honest, I use a raid frame that shows the debuff.

...which is probably why I thought the alert was accurate... :P

If you are a douche that likes to go overboard with stuff like myself you could setup a custom buff bar with 'Satrina Buff Frames' so that not only do I see the rune on target of target so I know when to taunt but I also get a custom icon & bar over myself when I get it so that I know exactly when I can leave to Shockwave/Conc.blow/Charge/Intercept/etc ads.

Sometimes the Blood Rune timing gets a little funky and you can't leave right when the ads spawn so it can be helpful to have that popping up letting me know exactly when I can go off to be a flying-stunlocking-prot-warrior.

i use the standard Raid frames, and the standard target/focus plate things, I do however have show target of target turned on (option is somwhere in the interface menu) and it shows up to 4 debuffs on the target (1 always being CotFT, and Weakened soul is nearly always up. eaving the two last ones it shows as rune of blood and mark of the fallen champion). In addition I tend to focus the other tank, and have power aura's helping me keep track of who has the debuff

+ Reply to Thread