Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: top tanks on server not gemming for straight stam?

Your point exactly?

So wait, you presented it as a "theory" to try to discredit - by association - the "theory" of Rawr's calculation of potential TPS...but your point is that it's not a theory?

Ooookay. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    Can I have some of what you're having? I'm afraid you might be referring to if two objects are constantly splitting their distance they will never touch.. but that's not what's stated. Give me a SPECIFIC link to something stating two objects moving towards each other at x velocity will never meet please...
    I sense a math war brewing, close the thread now before it's too late - think of the children, for the love of God think of the children!

Quote Originally Posted by Akeber View Post
    Is this from rawr? According to that my lowly alt 5.8 K gs warrior, entirely gemmed/chanted for EH, "theories" out to 11.6K TPS in rawr, with the 30% buff enabled. That's at 198 hit, 24 expertise, and after taking off the dps trinkets. Gimme some tricks/mds at the start, sprinkle a few MDs during the fight, and I'll hold threat from your druid with no issues.
    I just updated rawr so maybe there was some kind of change but he's still at 11,715 with all buffs including 30% on. Here he is. And according to this rawr I'm at 18,235 DPS using the double pot trick (which I do when I can) or 14,588 TPS. Even with vig on me my TPS drops to 13,129 (think I did the math right, just took 10% off of my TPS) and his goes up to 13,173 ... barely hitting parity for me (which is enough since he's got a 10% limit on me). Yeah that's all rawr theorycraft but it's a good basis for comparison, better than anecdotes anyhow. And please note this assumes there's only one me in the raid, which is just not true. I raid next to this other cat who's ~18k theoretical, and this fury warrior who's ~17k in his DPS gear. Only 1 vigilance to go around. It's just not enough, specially during the spike times. Heaven help me if I get a hysteria.
    RIP Stormrage Horde ('05 - '11). Turaylon Horde since 11/11 where there's actually people
    GM of Neolutum (always recruiting, PM me)

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    I sense a math war brewing, close the thread now before it's too late - think of the children, for the love of God think of the children!

LOLOLOL> agreed.. i dare not battle the minds of tankspot

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Nothing wrong with math wars as long as the math remains solid. Only good things can come from it.
    RIP Stormrage Horde ('05 - '11). Turaylon Horde since 11/11 where there's actually people

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    Your point exactly?

So wait, you presented it as a "theory" to try to discredit - by association - the "theory" of Rawr's calculation of potential TPS...but your point is that it's not a theory?

Ooookay. =(
    please stop trying to dispute practicality with semantics. Its just pointless imo.

feralminded: the GM of your guild (whom I am assuming you are referring to) only has one tank spec, which appears to be exclusively an LK spec. You should encourage him to pick up a more threat-ful spec the next time you guys are talking about aggro issues (if he doesn't usually have a second tank one, of course). Having an extra threat spec makes farm content much less frustrating for everyone.

Re: DPS gear
    Most higher-end ICC tanks have DPS gear for farm content. If you look at any WoL top parse for a tank spec, you'll almost always see tanks gaining DPS buffs (i.e. 2pc dps t10 for warriors, DBW and other trinket Procs, Berserking procs, etc.)

DPS trinkets are, in my opinion, the best option for anyone feeling apprehensive about wearing DPS gear in a run. Furthermore, I imagine you would find pretty similar trade offs going trinket to trinket as you would going gem to gem, as long as you aren't using a trinket that is simply bad for your class.

If anyone feels like they would rather be safe than sorry with their gear, that's fine, and completely their decision. But just leave it at that, please. People wearing DPS gear for farm content aren't 'wrong', and neither are they 'right'.
    Bihn | <Summit>
    Seatbelts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bihn View Post
    feralminded: the GM of your guild (whom I am assuming you are referring to) only has one tank spec, which appears to be exclusively an LK spec. You should encourage him to pick up a more threat-ful spec the next time you guys are talking about aggro issues (if he doesn't usually have a second tank one, of course). Having an extra threat spec makes farm content much less frustrating for everyone.
    Wow ... that's an amazingly good idea and one I never even considered on any of my toons, even my warrior who is basically 99% of the time tanking indeed using a LK spec. Wow ... thank you sir (seriously ... you kind of just blew my mind). Just a TPS spec alone probably turns the tables around right quick ... we're all so hyper focused on survivability specs.

Ok so the reason for the gemming other than stam is more than likely for threat issues on farm bosses which makes sense, granted i'm not sure if that's optimal. How to gain extra threat is obviously up for debate.
    It seems to me that warriors are having the biggest threat issues based on what i see in this thread. Now for me like I said i'm sitting at 6020gs (gs stated for level of gear reference) I can usually pull out about 10-13k tps with 182 hit (5.55%) from gear alone and 2% from talents. I've also had a threat race with a pally of the same gear level and the results were he started out high in threat but I was able to pull ahead about 1/4 of the way into the fight. Granted I'm not sure if his rotation was optimal.

*looks at thread*
    *sees it going nowhere fast*
    *Waits for Kazey to close it*

sounds like a novel idea.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Closed Thread