+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Racials in Cata

Racials in Cata

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that racials would be changing for the existing races.

Do we know what they are yet? Or are they staying the same?

To my knowledge none of the new racials have been released on the current races. The Goblin and Worgen ones are active in the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
    To my knowledge none of the new racials have been released on the current races. The Goblin and Worgen ones are active in the beta.
    Thanks, it can hard to keep up with everything and I wasn't sure if I missed it or not. To be honest I really hope the racials are more for fun and flavor than giving an advantage in pve or pvp, etc.

Used appropriately, the racials can be REALLY beneficial. Too many people just forget to use them.
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

From what I've seen, the only racial that's changed (besides the goblin and worgen racials) is the Human's Every Man for Himself. The CD was increased to 3 mins from 2 mins.

Many speculate that they're going to get around to it later, or that it may just not happen at all. I personally am thinking it's just going to happen some time in the future. There are just a lot of racials that don't fit into what they're doing with talents. For instance, reduction in stun duration, resistances, etc.

I'd like to see the dwarven treasure finding racial changed to a chance to find extra gold in treasure chests/extra ore in mining nodes, something like that. It fits with the theme of the race in my opinion.

I thought Blizzard didn't want people rolling races for the racials they give? The way they're going, it's going to start again.

I think that the Goblin and Worgen racials are a bit too overpowered for a racial...

Terae, I hope Blizz does with all races what they did with Goblin/Worgen and making racials all kinds of fun instead of minorly practical (WotF, Spell Resist, -1% chance to be hit, etc) That way, though some may want one racial over another, all are fun.

What I'd really like is some kind of racial talent pool that we can pick and choose from, or maybe each race has 2 racials with 1 wild card racial you get to choose. Either way, I'm looking for ward to racial changes in Cata.
    -------------------------------------
    killing faster means sleeping more - Thedom

I like the TBC racials. Sure some of the Wrath were cool or upgrades but rolling a class due to racials is part of the game. If someone really wants to be serious a racial is another way of min/max or just astetics of the toon you pick. Either way its just another part of the game.

I know I'd use Starshards on my warrior if I had them. I use shadowmeld, just not that much. I used to do two's with a rogue, and he'd stealth and I'd meld and they wouldn't know what was coming at them, until they get charged.

Quote Originally Posted by Terae View Post
    I thought Blizzard didn't want people rolling races for the racials they give? The way they're going, it's going to start again.

I think that the Goblin and Worgen racials are a bit too overpowered for a racial...
    The goal is not that racials are insignificant and meager, the goal is that every races has interesting racials but that they are all equally appealing. In other words you shouldn't take Undead over Orc or Troll every time because of the racials offered.

Goblin and Worgen racials look over-powered because right now they're being juxtaposed to the old racials for other races, Blizz has said as much, and said to expect similar effects for the other races.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

The biggest problem I have with the goblin and worgen racials is their doubling attitude.
    Most other races give people either a nifty combat ability (thunderstomp, arcane torrent, blood fury) or something cool to do (cannibalize, find treasure, shadowmeld), combined with some very minor combat and economy abilities.
    Goblins and worgen get both, and worgen skinners get an extra bag slot as well.

It's not something I expect to be game-breaking, but it makes the races slightly more cool and fun to play with, and that balance is weird enough already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Are there any racials you guys want to see them keep? Personally I'd like them to keep cannabalize.
    -------------------------------------
    killing faster means sleeping more - Thedom

Quote Originally Posted by JollyWarrior View Post
    Are there any racials you guys want to see them keep? Personally I'd like them to keep cannabalize.
    Yeah that's my favorite of the current racials. Just because it's highly unique among racials with a nice animation. I can't think of anything else I'd feel bad about changing.
    "Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous." - T. P.

I want them to make Trollblood into something meaningfull again. In Classic there was so much lore around trollblood. There was even an elexir named about it. It's about regenerating life. But know what? Even the smaler level 15 version of the elexir restores more life than I regenerate at 80 through the racial by being a troll priest, meaning the only one of the classes possible to play a troll at the moment that cares about spirit.

Regeneration (mana and health) scales with spirit. The racial gives you 10% of your normal health regeneration, even while in combat (out of combat you have 110%). That's about 5.3 for my priest and 3.5 for my warrior - a tank at level 80. Health regeneration scales so badly that it will be more or less the same at level 85.

I know that trolls probably got the new Da Voodoo Shuffle to compensate for it. (However I don't see that I get free of the stuff earlier than my non-troll dps when I tank but maybe they use talents for it.) But I don't like to have a racial that playes an important role in the troll-lore (and nearly everything you can make them say) be just meaningless.

It's ok if they remove it alltogether, so we can just think about it as another RP element that we cannot see. But if it is a racial it should make a difference at whatever level you are not only for the first 20 level or whatever.

I don't like the racials that only give you something for some of the classes or professions you can get, too. I hate to see something like throwing weapons for troll. Half of classes that can be troll cannot use the racial at all and non of the others cares about it (rogue and warrior can use ranged weapons but don't care if they crit when used and no hunter chooses throwing weapons. - To be fair bows were added sometime, but that helps only one of all possible troll classes. It's the same as guns for dwarfs but they have also maces that can be use by most if not all classes.) Gnomes that have higher Int for their warriors is another example. Profession racials are really stupid. At least the old ones. But since both new races get some they will stay...

I'd be surprised if Cannibalize goes away, it is so iconic and fun, and not the sort of thing they would target.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

My newest Warrior project is an Undead Warrior (I think he's my 4th or 5th now) and I'm loving teh noms. I almost never get low enough for it to matter when questing but every now and then I love it, and it helps every time after a bit of world PvP. Also, Cannibalize is the single best taunt in the game. Bears sitting on your face has nothing on Cannibalize.

I hope orcs get something fun to use (see worgen sprint/goblin rocketjump) other then Blood Fury which I just macro to my Gargoyle anyway

Personally, I feel every race should have;

An activated ability that corresponds with that races lore.
    A profession perk, not necessarily a + to skill. Faster skinning for Worgen, better chance at "perfect" gems for the big blue guys.
    A weapon skill. Axes for orcs, maces for Tauren and Dwarves, etc.
    And a stat bonus. Orcs are stronger than gnomes. 5% base strength more.

I love cannibalize, would be sad if it went away... And honestly it's one of the easier ones to bring in line with cats racials.

Imagine if cannibalize provided a buff like well fed based on the type/level of the thing you ate? It would have to stack with well fed... Or maybe be ballanced around replacing well fed...

You eat an 80 caster mob, 40 sta 40 spell power! Eat a warrior? 60 sta 20 str! Make it 10 minute duration so you're compelled to do some maintenance but it lasts a whole fight.

Imagine undead sifting through corpses for the one that will offer them the correct buff!

+ Reply to Thread