+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury Warrior and the use of Rend?

Fury Warrior and the use of Rend?

As part of my hunt to improve as a Fury Warrior I am curious as to why Landsoul's spreadsheet states that incorporating Rend into the Fury rotation brings a decent DPS increase however looking at the 3 top world parses on fights such as Fester/Saurfang I don't see a single one of them using it.

Is it something that one should strive to attain to reach potential or is it a waste of time that is more likely to cause harm then good with fear of rage deprivation or missed !Slam procs?

Using WoL parses to determine how to do good dps is rarely a good idea.

Top WoL parses are all meter-cheesing (fights where they're bloodlusted 75% of the time while cleaving slimes, etc).

Yeah, if you look at Landsoul's rank (without cheesing), he's got rend in there.

The problem with this is that if you screw it up 1 time, you've lost more DPS than rend would gain you. So you have to be really careful.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    Using WoL parses to determine how to do good dps is rarely a good idea.
    And your suggestion for a better choice to review ability usage from top world players to assist in reaching maximum potential would be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    Top WoL parses are all meter-cheesing (fights where they're bloodlusted 75% of the time while cleaving slimes, etc).
    Things die quickly which skew numbers true, but there isn't much they can cheese on Festergut other then get Hysteria... which has no impact on ability usage anyway.

most of the warriors out there aren't rend weaving, which makes me sad because rend weaving actually makes the rotation interesting.

the big thing with rend weaving is learning when to use it, once you do that, you are good to go. the end result is generally about a 150-250DPS gain once you can do it right.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Is it really that good with the heroic strike bug though? You miss the damage of a heroic strike over a white attack and also you miss your offhand being bugged out (which can't miss -> guaranteed rage), all too often I've gone to do it and missed the next 2 swings after swapping back and then had to wait on BT, WW and the next hc strike and therefore offhand hc strike bug.

Even if you land one white swing after swapping back you may well miss out on the next hc strike which is double dipping your dmg in a way with the bug and unless you have a swing timer you are at risk of not even having any auto attacks queued up when you swap back in time to hit BT/WW when it comes off cd. Realistically you're going to need a second or so to see if you get a slam proc off the last BT/WW (depending on how good your reaction times are and lag) you use before deciding to rend dance and then you're not going to swap, rend and swap back with tonnes of time to get auto attacks in before your next BT/WW is coming up. The longer it takes you to get back to hc strike spam the less slam procs you'll get.

Even when using it with bloodrage available i've not been that blown away by it personally and I've never seen Tuuttiz or Smasher (Paragon/FtH respectively use it so I guess you don't need it for WFs). It's possibly mathematically worth using it sometimes but I never felt it was actually as good as it looked on paper, especially while hc strike is bugged (apologies if that has been fixed now). Just my 2 pence. Give it a go though, see what you think, it's more fun I'd suggest making macros for it if you do want to do it, a battle stance + rend all in one and a zerker + BT all in one made it a lot easier for me.
    Last edited by Delmonte; 08-30-2010 at 01:56 PM.

I spent about an hour on the Boss training dummy last night with nothing but my own shout and cooldowns to see what kind of results I would get (about 6.5-7.5k average). I was fairly pleased with the results and virtually never had to push back my rotation after dancing for rends. I would expect a 25m Raid with all the added buffs it would be even less of an issue so I think I will give it a go this week and see what kind of results I get.

The only problem with that is I switched from MS tank to MS Fury recently so my gear continues to improve every week and my results will be skewed week to week due to improved gear lol.

In the end however I expect a rend vs 1 white swing instead of HS would likely result in better numbers if your rotation isn't pushed back at all. It was nice to see that Landsoul at least had some rends in there in his world top 20 (16th I think) H Festergut parse.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelnut View Post
    In the end however I expect a rend vs 1 white swing instead of HS would likely result in better numbers if your rotation isn't pushed back at all. It was nice to see that Landsoul at least had some rends in there in his world top 20 (16th I think) H Festergut parse.
    Yeah even with the bug if you're literally just losing the one hc strike and always reliably able to get back into your rotation plus heroic strike spam i'd imagine it would be pretty decent. I found once it had 4t10 the opportunities to use it didn't come all that often and whenever I'd swap back to zerker and see 'miss miss, you don't have enough rage' it made me sad lol.

hi Squirrelnut,...nice post dude,..its very nice information,..

+ Reply to Thread