Thread: Heroic Vengeful Shade Mechanic Question

Heroic Vengeful Shade Mechanic Question

I just wanted to ask about how exactly do these guys (Vengeful Shades) work. Are they spawning at random points, or on random people. Are they targeting random people or is there some correlation between who they are spawning next to and who they target.

To me their spawning and targeting does seem random, but i would like the verify this by asking people who have had this boss (Heroic 25man Lady Deathwhisper) on farm for a while.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

- Lady Deathwhisperer picks 3 random targets
    - She tosses out ghosts to land within 8 yards of where they were standing at the time of cast
    - Ghosts appear 2-3 seconds later and chase that player

If everyone in the raid stands still, the ghosts will spawn about 8 yards away from the player they're going to chase. However, because you move and the ghosts have "travel time," they sometimes appear to spawn several yards farther away.

It's also worth noting that you can have multiple ghosts chase a single player, and tanks are also valid targets.

Thanks a lot. This will really help, my guild is having issues moving away from vengeful shades :X
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    Thanks a lot. This will really help, my guild is having issues moving away from vengeful shades :X
    EnsidiaFails will catch who specifically is triggering the ghosts. The AoE explosion is always detonated after a shade tosses out one melee swing. I would highly recommend having this mod enabled:

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...idiafails.aspx

You can also throw this in the "expression editor" on WoL to see who was gettinng hit.

(fulltype=SWING_DAMAGE or fulltype=SWING_MISSED) and sourcename="Vengeful Shade"

I'll give the failbot a try. I'm not in a guild position to point fingers, but i can submit the information to those that are. But when 70% of your wipes are happening with in the first two vengeful shade spawns well you know.