+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The BFF Report -- Vindictus (Hella Beta)

The BFF Report -- Vindictus (Hella Beta)

Let's take Fable, strip down all the RP open-world nonsense and replace it with everything we've learned from the past 17 'Street Fighter II' games. Then sprinkle in some MMO elements, some glow, and make it fit the lore of Nexon's ongoing MMO series, "Mabinogi" but call it VINDICTUS...in the U.S.

If you read that with any negative connotation, you may be surprised at just how well this product has come together thus far...

Click here for more episodes of the BFF Report!
    Follow Zam and me on Twitter!

Looks like it will be a decent game.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

The epic boss fights are going to be the big thing that drag me in. Just like Monster Hunter there's always going to be trial and error, but once you figure it out and do it correctly, nothing but enjoyment.

That actually looks pretty fun. It looks quite different from wow which is nice, its looking like you can either solo alot of it or go in as a group. Id definatly try it whenever it does come out.

a lot of Nexon's games are very similar dungeon type crawler games, if there's any company that has dungeon crawling down, it's Nexon. I've seen them at e3 and other gaming conventions a lot and most of their games look d2 ish, or in this case, a 3d dungeon crawler. The fact that it is free issssssssssss somewhat a draw, might have to give it a check with Nexon's previous record.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Aye, I recently started playing Dungeon Fighter Online since theres jack to do in WoW right now except by SC2. Its a pretty fun game if you enjoyed classic Arcade Beat-em ups like Streets of Rage. (not to mention I was getting fed up their ads...)

lol yeah i see a lot of their adds around too. might try it out.

If that's the case, have you tried evony yet?

I've played evony, i didnt like that u have to pay to make things build quicker or wait half an hour/2 hours etc for things to build.

was it chock full of hot babes?

The bear is freaking huge. Imagine the size of your house to hold that rug.
    "Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous." - T. P.

yea i think im gonna check out the game when it comes out looks pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by fony View Post
    was it chock full of hot babes?
    lol, i hate those ads with a passion.

It's like Monster Hunter, but more kickass and accessible! I'll be playing this for sure, I've been looking for something that me and a few friends can play that isn't subscription based.
    Yoruichi Shihoin. Saeko Busujima. Talho Yuki. Motoko Kusanagi. They're mine, hands off.
    Thank you Penlowe for the beta key, I love you!

That looks super damn cool.

Ya know, I'm not usually a fan of FtP games, but this looks interesting enough to try. Some of the graphics looked a bit choppy, but I don't know if it was the capture or the engine.

I think this is worth a go, regardless, even just for the character creation screen.

This game looks pretty interesting. Not sure about the npc thing yet but im sure they have thier reasons. I'm assuming the crafting of weapons will be more along the lines of how it was in genji dawn of the samurai( pretty much everything was obtained from bosses and such) as opposed to well wow(large majority of items from crafting are gathered thru a profession)? Considering this is free to play it looks great. I just hope it doesn't become something where all the best gear is bought and unless you empty your savings account into it you will never have a good character.. Anyways thx for the video fony keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Prise; 08-27-2010 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prise View Post
    I'm assuming the crafting of weapons will be more along the lines of how it was in genji dawn of the samurai
    Think less Genji, more...Monster Hunter. It's one of the main features of the game, after all.

Hopefully they won't fill the item shop with premade stuff, so the game won't become pay-to-win.
    Yoruichi Shihoin. Saeko Busujima. Talho Yuki. Motoko Kusanagi. They're mine, hands off.
    Thank you Penlowe for the beta key, I love you!

Personally this is right at the top of my list for the releases left this year along with cataclysm (which I also have not gotten in), I was really disappointed when nexon denied my beta app (especially considering I have a history of beta testing...and you know actually giving constructive feedback)

Hopefully I can get into the next phase!
    Raid leader: "why in the #"# did the tank die?"
    Priest: "his health points reached zero...."

Quote Originally Posted by InfinusMemorium View Post
    Think less Genji, more...Monster Hunter. It's one of the main features of the game, after all.

Hopefully they won't fill the item shop with premade stuff, so the game won't become pay-to-win.
    Ahh Ive always wanted to play Monster Hunter but haven't had the chance yet. (picked Genji as my example cause its the closest thing i could think it would compared to that i've played.) And yeaaa I really hope that doesn't happen lol, it could be amazing if it doesn't.

+ Reply to Thread