+ Reply to Thread

Thread: noobie Frost DK tank using a 2handed weapon needing input

noobie Frost DK tank using a 2handed weapon needing input

I was looking for a good base rotation i guess both single target and AOE. My Base build is gonna be 5/51/5 (from Satorri DK guide) for right now i am only 70. So I wanted to try and learn how to start tanking for "instant" que's. Also from i read i think I will be doing single disease instead of double.

Character info:

Orc DK, Level 70, 2Handed Axe (airloom),
    spec will be 5/51/5 (from Satorri Tanking guide)
    Frost 2 Handed

put a link in here to your character so more information can be obtained from those that want to give you advice.

For frost, I'd glyph howling last and that pretty well makes threat in lower levels a non-issue.

For aoe threat, charge into the middle of the pack and bb as you move to the back o the pack. If the distance is far you can bb twice. One you are facing the mobs away and they are packed, hb. Oblit what ever target you want. From this point on, hb if it's available, oblit is next and bs if both of those arnt ready. Hb will take care of feavor.

If the group was packed close to start you could also open with hb rather than bb. You just want to be sure hb hits everything.

For single target I'd open with it ps hb bs bs then rune dump. From there I'd go back to single disease with the same priorities as aoe.

Things to keep in mind is rune strike is still awesome but often frost strike is a better use of runic power. I keep rune strike macro'd to all my other attacks to avoid missing one but I'll still drain my rp using frost strike even if it leaves me missing a rune strike. Also, tab targeting for oblit, fs and bs is still helpful though after the first hb you often won't need it.

here is what i currently am at 71.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ream&cn=Thanos

This is what i like to do when i am presented with a mob as far as a rotation goes. I drop death and decay, pop deathchill which as you know makes your next howling blast, icytouch, frost strike, or obliterate a critical hit, once they all get in range then click howling blast and it will usually crit on everything in the mob not just one or two, and then blood boil, and that should solidify your agro on the mob. I have my tab button on my keyboard as my target button so i can then tab through the mob and frost strike, icy touch or rune strike as they come up. On a boss fight i do pretty much the same thing with the exception i use icy touch and runestrike alot more. Remember that not only do u have dark command to taunt the boss or mob if they are not on you but you have death grip, you can use that in the middle of a boss fight if you are having trouble and have already used your dark command to get him back on you. Good luck hope this helps

Possibilities on instance packs:

* Howling Blast (glyphed), 2x Blood Boil, Obliterate (on primary mob)
    * Death and Decay, Howling Blast, Blood Boil (for full out AoE threat), works really well with Death Gripping a caster in the DnD
    * Howling Blast, Plague Strike, Pestilence, Blood Boil, Icy Touch the primary or Blood Tap & Obliterate instead. (more advanced)
    * On casters: Use Death Grip to pull them in or position yourself so that HB & BB can hit them

On bosses:

Icy Touch, Plague Strike (diseases), Obliterate, 2x Heart Strike, use Death Runes later for Obliterate or Disease moves
    Keep up Frost Fever at all times, Rime procs will keep it on longer with the Glyph, use Plague Strike only in combo with Icy Touch, Unbreakable Armor or Blood Tap to not break up FU pairs.

Priority on Glyphs: Howling Blast & Obliterate, UA at 80 and swap out for Rune Strike once you're geared enough. minor glyphs should be Pestilence & Blood Tap, Horn of Winter once you can as last one
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Quote Originally Posted by Guzug View Post
    For frost, I'd glyph howling last and that pretty well makes threat in lower levels a non-issue.
    This.

For mob packs, to start the pull, put DnD in between you and the nearest mob, making sure it's touching that mob's feet to aggro it. As it and its buddies run across the DnD to you, they build threat with every step.

HB them as soon as they're in range, then Blood Boil when they're around you. Spam OB - HB - BB the rest of the fight. Don't bother with Plague Strike and Blood Plague, they're not needed on trash aoe pulls.

For bosses, get both diseases up, then alternate OB, HB when Rime Procs, and BS. Reapply FF and BP as they expire.

+ Reply to Thread