+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tanking gear upgrades what should i go for

tanking gear upgrades what should i go for

any suggestions as to what i can improve on my stats for tanking

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...form&gn=Chafed

I would suggest some research and some effort on your part as well as gemming and enchanting before anymore gear is gained. You can get far better gains and performance with a better spec and more optimal glyphs.
    Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party, this Is something I have missed since nov 08.

wrong forum.

moved.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Bowen View Post
    I would suggest some research and some effort on your part as well as gemming and enchanting before anymore gear is gained. You can get far better gains and performance with a better spec and more optimal glyphs.
    Agreed.

You waste a lot of talent points, and even chose Puncture (reduces the rage cost of Devastate by 3) over Focused Rage (reduces the rage cost of all offensive abilities, including Devastate, by 3). No offense, but you obviously facerolled your spec, and it will show in your performance.

You missed Gag Order, which is not only a nice silence but 10% on your Shield Slam. You have one point in Armored to the Teeth, a crucial threat talent. And you should be speccing for Impale and Deep Wounds, which are amazing threat talents because of all the crit increases in the Prot tree.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LAM00f...rx0didIzsGo:cT is what I would respec and glyph to. You can move the 3 points from Focused Rage into Shield Spec if you wish. The third glyph slot can be one of a number of glyphs - Taunt, Blocking, Cleaving, Last Stand for starters.

Hardly any of your gear is gemmed or enchanted. You need to gem and enchant your gear, buy up a ton of +30 stam gems and use them everywhere (only need one purple to activate your meta). You also need to drop some hit rating, since you're over the cap (it's not a huge threat increase anyways).

After you respec, reglyph, enchant and gem your gear, then go back to reg ToC 5-man and grab Black Heart to replace your dodge trinket. Dodge is not that strong, it's a useful stat but not worthy of a trinket slot. The armor trinket you use is extremely good though. For your next Triumph purchase, grab the Honorbound helm to get rid of worthless shield block - for your next Frost purchase, grab the belt IMO.

+ Reply to Thread