+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Four toons with the same name from the same server

Four toons with the same name from the same server

I joined an 5v5 arena team with a few friends from my guild. We started it for fun because none of us had tried arena before. We went in with the expectation that we'd get slaughtered, which we did :P

Anyway the other night we came up against this team Lava Burst the Priest a couple of times. Here's the armory link:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/team-info.x...rst+the+Priest

The weird thing was each time there team had one human priest and 4 shaman. The shaman all had the exact same name - Roflstomp (with a stupid 'o' character). Being hit by four lava bursts at exactly the same time reduced my odds of survival by a significant amount.

I've seen people multiboxing before in low level BGs, but in those cases all the multiboxed toons had different names (even if only slight variations). So how can you run four toons with the same name at the same time?

It seemed like extreme cheating to me. Has anyone else seen this sort of thing before? What the hell is it?

It's not the same 'o' with an accent. They're all different accents(grave, acute, circumflex, don't know the name of the fourth), so the names aren't considered the same.
    "Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous." - T. P.

Ah you're right. My bad. In game I couldn't see the different accents so they all looked the same - should have looked closer at armory. Still seems kind of weird to me, but then I don't really see the appeal of the whole multiboxing thing.

is actually called an Umlaut( an english word)
    use for the .. symbol over an o or u

but yeah, prolly the same guy multiboxing

Quote Originally Posted by swollenpickles View Post
    Ah you're right. My bad. In game I couldn't see the different accents so they all looked the same - should have looked closer at armory. Still seems kind of weird to me, but then I don't really see the appeal of the whole multiboxing thing.
    Yeah in game it can be difficult to notice the differences. Such as differences between aigu and grave even though they point in opposite directions.
    "Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous." - T. P.

...would that kind of gameplay in arenas be a no-no? If you reported it, would blizz do something about it?

People do it all the time.. check out http://www.dual-boxing.com

It's common practice especially for the people that multibox for PvP purposes and I've never heard of anyone receiving a warning or being banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bashal View Post
    ...would that kind of gameplay in arenas be a no-no? If you reported it, would blizz do something about it?
    If you dig around, the general attitude of blizzard on multiboxing is "More power to you". They figure it takes great skill to split your attention several ways, assuming you can abide by the rules of no "automated input". You will see people with several screens, several windows, and a limited number of keybinds that correspond to various toons. A fictional example would be 1-3 for player 1, 4-6 for player 2, 7-9 for player 3, etc. and go from there. They admire those that can pull it off without automation.

I can say, of the few multiboxers I have seen, none of them do any serious content and/or perform well.

i've seen a 4 box elemental shaman with 1 of his resto druid buddies get over 2k rated in 5v5s because he just 1 shots everything with lavaburst.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Insahnity View Post
    If you dig around, the general attitude of blizzard on multiboxing is "More money for us"
    Fixed.

I multibox to level and I have multiboxed raid content before. I DO NOT PvP (at least not well), but I have multiboxed WotLK Heroic instances to completion as well. I have 5 accounts, so I made the entire party. PvPers tend to have either 4 of 1 class plus a healer or 5 of the same class (Shammies being the more popular choice). My multiboxing is of the different class variety so when I roll a heroic it's with a true tank, a true healer and 3 dps. I keybind similar functions to the same key and use keyclone to send the same command to all 5 sessions. I multibox w/ 2 screens and 1 computer. There was a time when I was both tanks in VoA quite frequently in both 10 man and 25 man varieties (I started doing this in T7 days and stopped at about halfway through T9 days).

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    i've seen a 4 box elemental shaman with 1 of his resto druid buddies get over 2k rated in 5v5s because he just 1 shots everything with lavaburst.
    That's what happened to us. Granted my team was pretty bad but getting hit by 4 lavabursts at exactly the same time is going to put a significant dent in anyones hp I'd imagine :P Particularly if you're wearing a cloth dress!

get an addon that tracks enemy player's targets, dump all -damage cooldowns on them, then fear bomb the multiboxer. pick them off one at a time, gratz to free points.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post
    get an addon that tracks enemy player's targets, dump all -damage cooldowns on them, then fear bomb the multiboxer. pick them off one at a time, gratz to free points.
    The problem is they all cast at the same time, using a series of buttons that can be pressed simultaneously so when they insta nuke a healer then drop a DPS in 5 seconds (this is also why i hate facing well coordinated 5 mans with all ranged DPS)

The key is to identify the "leader". Usually the slaves are set up to copy the master, if you can even just disrupt that key character(silence, out range, out-LoS, interrupt, pala bubble when the powered up lavabursts are in the air) the multiboxer has to improvise. most people are not good at this and panic. Don't forget that the secondaries have a human reaction time, even though they are not controlled directly by a human player.

The multiboxers are also usually in "low-grade" PvE stuff (232-245 you can get from random heroic farming - they don't expect to be hit, and equipping 4 toons in full relentless/wrathful offset takes a heck of a lot of time and dedication) so they fall over just as fast as they can drop someone. I have seen my biggest crits against multiboxers.

That said they are by no means weak teams, do not underestimate their brute force approach, but do not overestimate their resilience to withstand attack either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post
    The key is to identify the "leader". Usually the slaves are set up to copy the master, if you can even just disrupt that key character(silence, out range, out-LoS, interrupt, pala bubble when the powered up lavabursts are in the air) the multiboxer has to improvise. most people are not good at this and panic. Don't forget that the secondaries have a human reaction time, even though they are not controlled directly by a human player.

The multiboxers are also usually in "low-grade" PvE stuff (232-245 you can get from random heroic farming - they don't expect to be hit, and equipping 4 toons in full relentless/wrathful offset takes a heck of a lot of time and dedication) so they fall over just as fast as they can drop someone. I have seen my biggest crits against multiboxers.

That said they are by no means weak teams, do not underestimate their brute force approach, but do not overestimate their resilience to withstand attack either.
    The four clones were all in pvp gear ranging from ilvl232 set pieces to 264 offset pieces.

Our composition wasn't very good cause we really only intended to play a couple of games to get a feel for what arena was about (like I said I'd never set foot in arena previously).

Was once in a WSG where there was a DK and 4 ret pallys. The DK would deathgrip and chains of ice someone, and the pallys would all divine storm. I got 1shot, and im in full pvp gear. The pallys were all glyphed for divine storm so they got heals from all attacks. They were unstoppable. Quite a good setup really.

My fives team on my priest is pretty good. We have been together for a while now. We ran up against this and got tagged 4 times in one night. We finally figured out a strat. We are disc priest, ele sham, mage, ass rogue, arms warrior. We had our warrior jump into his prot gear with a couple of peices of resi gear. Grounding tote, spell steal, charge, shockwave, fear and dead... You have to exploit them. Lava burst is one of those spells that they have to be facing to cast. We killed two of them, I think our warrior reflected one, and my shield made it feel more like a flee bite than a hard hitter. When he charged the druid and shockwaved the rest it gave me a chance to get there and fear their asses. Then we just picked the druid off and then the shamans one by one. MOst PVP dual boxers expect to see you die quick. They don't have their healing spells key bound. Atleast this one didn't. Our warrior has changed up to PVP prot for the interupts, stuns, and just flat out HP. We have faced this type of dual boxer 3 times since and we pwn face.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    You know you just called yourself an asshat, right?

+ Reply to Thread