+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hit rating advice

Hit rating advice

Let me start by linking my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...all&cn=Trugore

I am noticing a complete lack of hit rating on Druid tank gear. I am at 232 now and I am eating buff food before every encounter just to get to the hit cap, but my next frost badge purchase would be http://www.wowhead.com/item=51137/sa...erweave-helmet#.
    losing 82 more hit rating. I dont see I can recover from that loss. I hate gemming for hit, but I have had to just to reach the cap w/ buff food. Plz tell I am missing something, I would rather feel stupid then suck.

Why are you worried about hit?
    As long as your taunts hit and you have enough threat, you don't need more hit. If you want more threat, expertise is probably going to help you more.
    (There's a pvp enchant you can use for your shoulders, by the way.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

It isn't so much a matter of more, with the buff food I am capped, but if I upgrade my head piece and lose 82 to hit rating then I will start missing. And I am not seeing how I would make that up. Also, I will check into the pvp shoulder enchant.

Most warrior, pally and DK tanks aren't hit capped either because they are gemming and chanting EHP whats the stress?

Tanking has always been survival first, threat second.

From memory I run 152 hit on my druid tank, around 182 on warrior, same for DK(s) and I think my pally(s) are hit capped.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Ehp?

"Effective hitpoint, or EHP is defined as the total amount of damage you can receive without being healed before your toon dies. Maximum hitpoint, or MHP, is the amount of hitpoint displayed on your screen".

http://www.tankingtips.com/effective-health-calculator

Only two figures in it stamina and armour which is what tanks will be gemming and chanting.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

You don't need to be hitcapped, in fact it isn't a tremendous threat stat for most tank classes (I freely admit that I know little to nothing about bear tanking, besides "armor good" and "parry bad").

But at the highest tiers of raiding, there are some situations where you need to be hitcapped for your taunts. I wouldn't worry about it too much atm though.

If you're looking to increase your aggro generation, you would benefit from both a new weapon and some more expertise. (oh yeah, two more things I know about bears - "feral attack power good" and "26 expertise good". Also, something about pick-i-nick baskets)

As a bear, don't worry about hit rating.
    You're not a dps class, hit is not an important stat.
    Expertise is better for threat, but don't worry about that either.

I don't use hit food, hit gems, or anything else of the such. And I still pull 6k dps in ICCH25.

What the others say is true - I gear almost exclusively for survival.
    EH(P) is short for Effective Health (Points). It's a term invented to show the effect of having high armor and damage reduction. EH is dependant on your health, armor and other percentual damage reduction effects. (This doesn't include avoidance, absorbtion shields or shield blocks.) There's a lot of math surrounding it, and it's explained quite well in several other posts, so I won't bother doing it here.
    The effect is that I value items with added armor very highly, and gem almost exclusively stamina.

Due to the importance of taunts in many of the ICC fights (Saurfang, Festergut, Putricide and Sindragosa require taunts, several other fights get easier with good taunts), I make sure my taunts always hit. The only exception is Sindy, in my frost res gear I'm slightly under the taunt hit cap, but it works since I'm a paladin with two taunts. Apart from the taunt hit cap, I don't pay much attention to hit or expertise. I welcome it, but don't go looking for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

+ Reply to Thread