+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ICC 10m Hardmode

ICC 10m Hardmode

Well my group is starting hard modes next week, i personally have only experienced the first wing in heroics. I watched the videos about 2 times each for the first 4 bosses, trying to get all the details so i could share it with my group, healers, dps, ect ect.
    Any tips/guide for the first 4 bosses? Only done heroic once and that was about 2-3 months ago. My group is all 5.8k GS and up. Be nice if you could give tip for each boss, not including heroic gunship of course lol.

Marrowgar: Stay out of fire. Don't run too far during Bone Storm, just dance around the circle.

Deathwhisper: Same thing as normal really, just the MC (you can sheep, hex, stun, fear, etc.), and have both your tanks beating on the boss the whole time in phase 2 - threat will ebb and flow between the two of them naturally as the debuff is applied. Whoever isn't tanking the boss at the moment, taunts and holds the add.

Lootship: Don't die, or we laugh at you.

Saurfang: Taunts need to be precise, healing needs to be quick, DPS needs to be on the ball switching to adds, stunning/slowing them properly and using aggro dumps like Feign Death if need be. Remember that Paladins and Mages can slow the production of Blood Power with Hand of Protection and Ice Block.

Marrowgar: really stay out of fire, it is causes a lot of dmg. Also he casts it more often, so tanks will need 3 safe spots and make some kind of rotation. We always go from left > middle > right, then flame on the left expires and on next flame we move back there. Whole raid can stack on boss back to destroy spikes fast. During bone storm, don't spread out too much, cause you will get spikes that needs to be dpsed down.

Deathwhisper: she will be taunt immune in phase 2. Observe her mana pool and taunt her just before phase 2. Otherwise tanks will have hard time to build all agro that dpsers made during phase 1. Watch out for spirits as usual, kill adds.

Lootship: no changes.

Saurfang: first hard fight. It is a dps race and adds control game at the same time. For tanks it is just very quick swapping. When tanks don't taunt fast enough, boss can heal even for 2M during whole fight. Adds are synchronized with debuff on tanks. So one tank will always have time to stun / control adds. Don't remember though if it is tank that is starting or the other one

Good luck

marrowgar: 5 seconds before the BOOONEEESTOOORM! call out on voice com to "GTFO!". Stay out of fire (duh...). DOn't go close to the walls. Stand on boss's arse when not in BOOONEESTOOOORRRM!..etc..

DeathWisper: both tanks o her in P2, asap. Hold off P2 untill all adds are dead (stop at 3-5% mana left). Both tanks taunt her now to gain some threat on'er. Kite boss twords entrance stairs. Dodge ghosts (they 1 shot). Have your MC controller use mouseover CC macro (every half a second counts)

Lootship: lol

Saurfang: Tank switch must be flawless (taunt glyph is needed). If adds get to melee ppl, expect wipe, use slows/stuns/typhoon type of stuff

Morrowgarr: go with 3 healers.

Deathwhisper: awareness of ghosts is usually the determining factor of whether you kill her or not

Saurfang: This boss can turn your almost kill into a wipe in a jiffy and seemingly just due to rng. Dont despair easily on this, it's a very unforgiving fight in terms of execution. Bad tank taunting & you get too many marks. Bad cc on the beasts & you lose people or get extra marks. Too slow in killing adds & you get dead people or get too many marks. If you continually beat your head at this boss due to too many marks that seem to be the result of rng, you can be 90% sure somebody is not doing something as they should.

Quote Originally Posted by coe View Post
    Deathwhisper: she will be taunt immune in phase 2. Observe her mana pool and taunt her just before phase 2. Otherwise tanks will have hard time to build all agro that dpsers made during phase 1. Watch out for spirits as usual, kill adds.
    The Lady resets threat when transitioning to phase 2, so the tanks do not have to catch up to the dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ession View Post
    The Lady resets threat when transitioning to phase 2, so the tanks do not have to catch up to the dps.
    Still, there could be some stray/buggy/transitory thingy that can cause the boss to take a swing at someone other than the tank at phase change, better safe than sorry I always say

Quote Originally Posted by Ession View Post
    Are you sure about this? I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way and one tank have to taunt before phase transition. Maybe it has changed recently?

I maintank her and I never had to taunt her.
    But it's not a bad idea to taunt her JUST BEFORE the shield drops so you have the 6 second fixate on you.

She's been resetting threat when the shield drops since the beginning of time. Watch your omen window next time you get there.

Cry Havoc! And let slip the Ghosts of War..

Quote Originally Posted by Goros View Post
    She's been resetting threat when the shield drops since the beginning of time. Watch your omen window next time you get there.
    Very funny. She didn't reset threat on our first kill some time ago, that's why we decided with my friend to taunt her before phase transition. On our next kills we didn't go deep into this, but just taunted as on first kill. She must have bugged back then, that's why I'm surprised now. Next time we'll take closer look at this.

She doesnt on normal. But she does reset on heroic. It's the fixate you were probably using. If you do the taunt a little too early, she'll still run rampant

Yep, I'm talking only about heroic. Anyway, will check this next time.

+ Reply to Thread