+ Reply to Thread

Thread: KyloUI - Simple, Elegant, Uncluttered, Useable.

KyloUI - Simple, Elegant, Uncluttered, Useable.

In browsing the forums at all the wonderful UIs it became clear to be that although many of the UIs here are fab and groovy that there's a distinct lack of some of the most important considarations (at least for me) for a Tank;

Visibility:
    The more you can see the more aware as a Tank you can be, and awareness is at least 50% of what being a good tank is all about

Critical Activity Centre:
    Moving DBM, PowerAuras, Scrolling Combat Text, ZOMGBuff, Tidy-Plates into the critical center of the screen where all the action happens. This is enough to give you all the critical information you need.
    Moving other useful but non-critical information to the edges of the screen (frames, chat, buffs, etc)

KyloUI.jpg

You can download it from my DropBox here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3342216/Worl...aft/KyloUI.zip

Edit: If you are having FPS problems with this setup TidyPlates and Skada clashing can be one of the worst offenders. I found that switching from Grey/Tank to Neon/Tank theme in TidyPlates does help if you're FPS takes a nosedive after a pull
    Last edited by kylosandrax; 08-23-2010 at 02:13 AM.

ANy Feedback?

Hey Folks - I see a few hundred views and no replies yet . Forgot to mention that I use this UI on all 4 of my tanks.

Feedback more than welcome!

/Kylo

Hey, just Downloaded your UI. Still messing with it, but its just what ive been looking for. (yeah i know im lazy :P )

Thankyou!

Trolly

Isn't this just SpartanUI + some essential addons for raiding?

Btw, what the fuck is with the whisper down there?

It is indeed SpartanUI and several other addons. I take no credit for the addons themselves - only the selection/compliation and the arrangement. What I'm intending to get across is the imporance of improving visibility, while maintaining a central focus for addon messages to help you focus on what I believe is important as a tank.

The whisper is from a disgruntled tank after I called him up on his sloppy tanking - I can't remember what for

Hi
    I have been using spartan ui for a while now, and since cata i have been having problems with it, and as far as i know there is no update for it, if there is do u have a link for it.

There's a minor update by a fan that you can find on wow-interface if you have a look. Alternatively you can grab my UI zip file and just grab the spartanUI folders from it. If you do - don't forget to grab the oUF addon also for the unit frames for spartan.

All the best

Kylo

You should change the background of Omen to make it transparent and not the funky parchment.

Really nice UI m8, just what I've been looking for As a tank myself i totally see what you say about visabilty being crutial! I might switch out some add-ons and tweek it but thanks alot^^

Quote Originally Posted by penpen002 View Post
    You should change the background of Omen to make it transparent and not the funky parchment.
    useful advice

Last edited by thomgil; 06-26-2012 at 04:44 AM.

How do i open spartan ui ingame to fix stuff?

please update the download link

this Ui work´s in MoP???

cant download =(

Quote Originally Posted by millbro82 View Post
    cant download =(
    The OP hasn't been changed in 3 years buddy, he's gone. A few things. This is an old squareish monitor, probably isn't optimized for widescreen. X-Perl is ugly and bloated, try Shadowed unitframes instead. SpartanUI is ridiculous. There is zero good reason to put the minimap front and center in your UI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

+ Reply to Thread