+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help! Shadow Priest Dps

Help! Shadow Priest Dps

Hey guys

Link to toon http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ock&cn=Sperino

I just feel that im not pulling close to what i should be with the gear i have, On the H Training Dummy Im only pulling 4k(Self buffed). I havn't played a priest for to long so im not sure what im doing wrong The gear,the Gem/enchancts,Spec Or the Rotation?

The current rotation im using is VT,DP,MF,SWP,MF(untell VT needs to be reefreshed). I do have 4/5 T10 so i switched to the MF Spec which will expain the lack of MB

I just want to incress Dps so i dont look like a noob in the raids i go in to,
    So Please help!!!!

And yes i do know that i am missing a few enchants/epic gems, Just running into a little gold problem and will be getting that ASAP

Mind Blast is always a DPS increase. In a perfect world with perfect reaction time and perfect latency, it would not - but because you often wind up clipping Mind Flay's final tick unintentionally, it is. I remember reading it was close to a 100-150 DPS increase, and this was for people who have been raiding as Shadow for all of Wrath if not longer. The fact that it procs Replenishment is just gravy.

You're also missing several talents that provide DPS and utility increases, in favor of Mental Agility. Improved Vampiric Embrace is huge for raid utility, that healing will do a lot on any fight with periodic raid damage, which is many many bosses in ICC. Improved Shadowform is pushback protection, which is a small DPS increase. http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bVcbhZZGxfVRfzdfqfzAo is what I've been using, and it works well.

You're saved in your PvP gear - either that or your PvE gear is mostly PvP gear. I will say that your hit rating is way high, for raiding or especially for PvP. For raid bosses, you need 17% hit - you get 3% from Shadow Focus, and another 3% from the Misery debuff you apply. So you need 11%, any more than that is wasted.

For gemming, red is Runed, orange is Reckless, and purple is Purified. Gem to any socket bonus that grants a fair amount of spellpower or haste. Don't gem pure haste, and get rid of that +10 stats gem. You also have several unenchanted pieces.

Trying not to comment on your "hilarious" guild name.

Your rotation is almost fine but you need MB in the rotation(low priority) for procs and goes great with Inner Focus. Most of DPS is hitting recast at the right time, I use ClassTimers, but Quartz also works for knowing the duration of the spells. As for your stats, your way over hit cap, so those could be used else where.

+ Reply to Thread