+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Little Adivce Requested - DK Tier Bonus

Little Adivce Requested - DK Tier Bonus

I have a question about gearing. This is my DK tank http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Theotherone The present gearing is what I use for 5 mans and trash, I like the extra damage from DnD. For raid boss fights I substitute http://www.wowhead.com/item=50978; but recently I picked up the Tier pants while tanking a 10 man VoA. This gave me 4 tier peices. I have yet to tank in the set, but what do you all think about the 4 piece bonus? Not all my set is lvl 264 (2 of 4 pieces are); is the loss of stam, worth the extra cooldown?

I tank in Frost since it's going away in Cataclysm and I want to get as much time with it before it goes as I can (the LK kill was in Frost). Also, I changed to a Blood dps spec, since I've put together a nice dps set from just taking what other plate melee don't need in ICC.

Thanks

The 4pc set bonus is a significant damage reduction which you can pop at will. I'd use it whenever you can. If you had heroic 25 man gear instead of normal 10 man gear, you might get close, but if not..use the set bonus. =]

I dont agree with Steph here, the offset pieces are so good that I wouldnt think of using 4 pieces of tier gear until they are all at least 264. Even at that point I think the offset pieces beat them unless you are desperate for an extra cooldown. Or did this change whem they buffed the set pieces?

I think I'll experiment with it; I tend to view the offset pieces a somewhat better for the constant EH they provide, but being Frost, having yet another cool down is tempting. There have been no survivability issues with the present gearing, we'll see if the healers notice anything.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread