+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I think im doing it right.....

I think im doing it right.....

Im currently a holy paladin and so far ive used the Elitist Jerks tips on how to gear myself by stacking intellect for a greater mana pool, i was wondering if someone would be able to check out my armory page and tell me if im gemming, enchanting, or gearing wrong in any way.

Im also trying to attempt at TOGC 10man and i wanted somebody's opinion whether im geared enough for it yet.

PWEASE HELP!

I don't think you have enough mana to be using Sliver over Tears of the Vanquished from reg ToC 5. It's still an amazing regen trinket.

You also should be using the level 200 Libram of Renewal, which reduces the mana cost of Holy Light by a truckload, saving you so much mana it's crazy.

Gemming should be one Nightmare Tear to activate your meta (I recommend putting it in your bracers, for the +4 int bonus) and then the rest yellow int gems.

Your boot enchant should be Tuskarr's, for the move speed.

Chest enchant should be +10 stats instead of +250 mana.

Once you get more comfortable with your mana pool and your class in general, then you should switch to a raiding oriented spec like this: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sxAzgM0sVu0tgdxGzub:Idw

It picks up Divine Sacrifice and Aura Mastery, two amazing raid cooldowns. There are a couple other goodies in there, like the other 3 points of Divinity and the buff to Sacred Shield. Those last two points can go in a few places - Imp Devo Aura, Benediction, Blessed Hands. Doesn't make a huge difference.

Don't let this wall of text discourage you though, you're doing a good job so far. I think if you made the changes above (you can hold off on the spec change if you don't want to change too much all at once), your gear would be fine for ToGC 10.

thankyou on the input, ill adjust the gems and enchants to what u said, i feel real comfortable with my healing chart with the extra crit i get in ret but ill change my offspec to ur chart and see how it works out, ive also been debating whether i would want to keep my glyph of seal of wisdom or swap it for glyph of flash of light for the 5% crit chance on it, any suggestions?

You shouldn't be using FoL often enough to benefit from the crit. Harder the content, more you need to cast HL. Seal of Wisdom, on the other hand, is a flat 5% decrease to the mana cost of all your heals, which is amazing.

Crit isn't all that wonderful anyways. It's just some of your mana cost back, and typically a lot of overhealing. Crit is inferior to MP5, but both take a back seat to Haste.

oh i see, yea ive been told that mana pool and haste are what i need, is that true?

Yes. Haste reduces the cast time between your Holy Lights allowing you to put out much more healing, and increasing your mana (primarily through intellect, but also MP5, followed by crit rating) gives you the ability to keep the lightning-quick Holy Lights going for a long time.

ok, Thank you so much for everything, im sure all this with help while i progress through ICC. If ur not busy could u also take a look at this post for me http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...51-What-to-use that would be great. Thanks again

+ Reply to Thread