+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury DPS need advise

Fury DPS need advise

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...k&cn=Bartimeus
    Hi there,
    This is my warrior`s armory link. I need to pull much more dps than i do now (6-9k). I need to pull between 10-11k because warriors with less gear pull more dps.
    All advise are welcome and i will be extreamly thankful ) . My rotation is WW, BloodThirst Instant slam and spamming Cleave. On boss encounter i do the same.
    Thanks

You're Cleaving on a single target? Not using Heroic Strike?

But is that the only problem ? Or there is something else ?

Couple Problems
    #1 Stat Weights:
    -Expertise 55 This needs to be Reduced so it's 26/? your Offhand doesn't need to be capped
    -Hit 10.70 This need to be Reduced to 5%
    -Some things i would do to do this
    -Drop Vengeance of the Forsaken and Pick up The NES*
    -Change your Bracers to Titanium Spike Guards (Crafted Toc25 bracers)
    -Swap your Cloak for the 264 Badge Cloak, Personally I go with Recovered Scarlet onslaught Cape
    -Your Low Crit is really Hurting you at the moment you want to be closer to 50% a Thought is to switch your Yellow Sockets to STR/CRIT gems When ever that would give you a Socket bonus.

*-To make the NES Worth having you need to drop your ArP To Around 53% Which means a bit of regemming.

#2 Enchants Two Pieces With out enchants (Cloak/shoulders) Four Pieces With Bad enchants(Helm/Bracers/Pants/Off hand)

#3 Bad Gear Choices
    -Personaly I would make it my Top Priority to get my t9 Chest/Pants you Gain Crit And ArP The 2p Gives 2% extra Crit when in
    Zerger stance which alone shouldn't be Overlooked

#4 Your rotation is fine, Besides the Cleave thing Rule of thumb is if there is more then one target in range Cleave, if not Heroic strike
    Also having said that you'll get a Huge Dps increase from this alone Cleave Cost 40 Rage + Missing that MH Swing, HS cost 10 Rage + the
    MH swing, However with the Glyph you get most of that back leaving you free rage to do your Other More Damaging abilities.

#5 spec - Personal Choice here If you Stop Using cleave so much when you don't need to you'll have a lot more rage so unbridled wrath is worthless IMO I would switch to http://eu.wowarmory.com/talent-calc....00000000000000 Which also takes care of the two odd talent points you have picked.
    US|Thrall|Horde Yea, I Love Plate
    Ike(Fury Warrior) Oit(Dk Tank) Oiz(Holy Pally)

Quote Originally Posted by gd_void View Post
    Couple Problems
    #1 Stat Weights:
    -Expertise 55 This needs to be Reduced so it's 26/? your Offhand doesn't need to be capped
    To expand, since you're always attacking raid bosses from behind, Exp should be 26, not the hard cap.

-Hit 10.70 This need to be Reduced to 5%
    -Some things i would do to do this
    -Drop Vengeance of the Forsaken and Pick up The NES*
    -Change your Bracers to Titanium Spike Guards (Crafted Toc25 bracers)
    -Swap your Cloak for the 264 Badge Cloak, Personally I go with Recovered Scarlet onslaught Cape
    -Your Low Crit is really Hurting you at the moment you want to be closer to 50% a Thought is to switch your Yellow Sockets to STR/CRIT gems When ever that would give you a Socket bonus.
    *-To make the NES Worth having you need to drop your ArP To Around 53% Which means a bit of regemming.
    1a) NES is bad advice. With the number of fairly easy to obtain upgrades, re-gemming away from ArP isn't the best choice. Spend the G on primoridals, level mining for the rest of the mats, and get yourself a pair of crafted 264 pants instead of that PvP crap.

Farm Banner of Victory (ToC5 - normal).
    Get JC up to 450 (42 more ArP from JC only gem cuts.
    Crafted 264 Pants
    Str Cloak

And that 914 ArP gets to ~1200. And those are needed upgrades anyway.

1b) Str cloak > Agi cloak for fury.

1c) Crit/ArP gear is your goal. I agree that you might want to look at switching the polar bears for the crafted 245 wrists. A second blade of culling would be great. The Emblem 264 chest > your current 264 chest.

Your target for hit is 164 hit. You don't need more than that to maximize your DPS. You don't need more than 26 Exp to maximize your DPS.

#2 Enchants Two Pieces With out enchants (Cloak/shoulders) Four Pieces With Bad enchants(Helm/Bracers/Pants/Off hand)
    Head - Ebon blade enchantment.

#3 Bad Gear Choices
    -Personaly I would make it my Top Priority to get my t9 Chest/Pants you Gain Crit And ArP The 2p Gives 2% extra Crit when in
    Zerger stance which alone shouldn't be Overlooked
    Pants definately. The PvP pants are not very good. Though I'd suggest the 264 and go toward getting 1360 ArP (then heat the hearty rhino for the last 40 ArP). I don't see how the t9 chest (232) would be an upgrade. The attribute loss alone would outweigh any ability. Crafted 245 chest would be a better option.

#4 Your rotation is fine, Besides the Cleave thing Rule of thumb is if there is more then one target in range Cleave, if not Heroic strike
    Also having said that you'll get a Huge Dps increase from this alone Cleave Cost 40 Rage + Missing that MH Swing, HS cost 10 Rage + the
    MH swing, However with the Glyph you get most of that back leaving you free rage to do your Other More Damaging abilities.
    HS single target. Glyph HS so when it crits it's free. Do not cleave single target. You are not in infinite rage so you'll be able to HS more than cleave meaning more damage and not preventing WWs, BTs, or Slams due to low rage.

#5 spec - Personal Choice here If you Stop Using cleave so much when you don't need to you'll have a lot more rage so unbridled wrath is worthless IMO I would switch to http://eu.wowarmory.com/talent-calc....00000000000000 Which also takes care of the two odd talent points you have picked.
    Stop using Cleave except on trash. Get rid of anger management, get rid of blood craze. Put those 2 points somewhere in Fury. Different play styles mean different places. unbridled wrath is dirty word around here, but as you gear you won't need it, and not using cleave as much you'll notice a lot more rage. That gives you 7 points to play with.

GD and I disagree in several places, but that's probably playstyle. I wouldn't suggest the downgrades in most cases (wrist aside) because you'd give up more than you gain IMO.

Buy the primoridals, heck, buy all the mats if needed, get the 264 crafted legs, get the emblem str cloak, farm banner of victory, and raise JC and you'll be a lot closer to the target.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

P.S. Replace glyph of cleave with glyph of HS. Cleave Glyph is a 'fake' DPS glyph as it's all basically for trash (maybe slightly usefull for VDW, but that's about it).
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post
    1b) Str cloak > Agi cloak for fury.
    This is DEFINITELY not true for a guy with 55 expertise.

Expertise is pretty easy to cap as an orc. He's certainly better off getting the agi frost cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    This is DEFINITELY not true for a guy with 55 expertise.

Expertise is pretty easy to cap as an orc. He's certainly better off getting the agi frost cloak.
    Forgot it had expertise on it. But the 55 is a current number - will it hold true that the agi cloak is better than the str cloak as he re-gears into better itemized gear? The str cloak is on Landsoul's BiS sub-heroic list and I remember some caveat at one point that the list was the same for orcs.

The agi cloak is better itemized no matter what way you look at it, the only reason why the str cloak was on the non heroic bis list was to get expertise capped, if expertise is not an issue, then the agi cloak blows it out of the water.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Fail on my part then. Thanks

yea all the Suggestions for Downgrades i Noted were for Crit, his crit is Very Low And in my opinion really hurting him.
    The reason i Suggested the NES is simply because i Assumed that he doesn't have access to a fair amount of gold Constitering the missing/cheap enchants and the Low Professions.

And as for the chest the 245 Triumph chest is better then the offset when paired with another piece of t9 gear due to that massive free 2% crit, it also has Crit/ArP on it passively instead of Hit/Crit like his current breastplate.

But as Loganisis said it's play style, I prefer to play lazy and all of my advice is based around that, hope it helped. best of luck!
    US|Thrall|Horde Yea, I Love Plate
    Ike(Fury Warrior) Oit(Dk Tank) Oiz(Holy Pally)

+ Reply to Thread