+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Armor types and stat priority problems and solutions.

Armor types and stat priority problems and solutions.

Currently in WotLK we have problems with horribly itemized gear, primary armor type not being the best for the class/spec i.e. fury wearing leather or holy pallies wearing mail. We also have people saying that spirit cloth is ONLY for healer.
    My question for beta testers would be, are these problems truly solved with the mastery system? I can foresee at higher gear levels in cata that it might be worth losing the armor mastery because a piece of non standard armor is so much better for you as an upgrade especially while gearing.
    Now as far as the "spirit gear" problem since spirit is being taken away in cata as far, as i remember, this should be solved. This problem has sparked a thought that this might happen again with future gear. Has anyone found a problem like this yet? Or will having simple stats help get rid of this problem for good?

A lot of gear will no longer have +AP on it. Such gear will be converted to +Agility, so the incentive for Fury warriors to 'downgrade' is gone (less attack power and you lose your armor bonus).

Spirit is still in there, but mp5 is gone. Not only that but spirit also increases the hit rating of Elemental Shamans and Balance druids through talents. I recall warlocks and mages will no longer find spirit on their gear however.
    "Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous." - T. P.

so mages and locks no longer benefit from spirit but it is still on cloth? If cloth is still on cloth but mages and locks no longer benefit from spirit this should eliminate the arguement of who takes priority on spirit cloth.

There will be cloth without spirit and cloth with spirit iirc. guess who gets armor priority on which

Quote Originally Posted by uglie View Post
    so mages and locks no longer benefit from spirit but it is still on cloth? If cloth is still on cloth but mages and locks no longer benefit from spirit this should eliminate the arguement of who takes priority on spirit cloth.
    I think you meant "If Spirit is still on cloth.."

Also, you probably want to look at Reforging. You will be able to convert spi->hit rating, likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Insahnity View Post
    Also, you probably want to look at Reforging. You will be able to convert spi->hit rating, likely.
    I thought you could only change combat ratings? Or does Spirit count as such now?
    "Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous." - T. P.

As far as I know, you can reforge spirit because it is a regen stat only healers need.

There's little way that one or even a few slightly better-itemized items would make up for a flat 5% increase to your primary stat.

Also, all items are '4-stat' items now--so you don't have the issue of 4-stat plate vs. 5-stat mail/leather.
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOoze View Post
    I thought you could only change combat ratings? Or does Spirit count as such now?
    Spirit is no longer a "Primary Attribute" and is not buffed by Kings/MotW. Str/Agi/Int/Stam are the primary stats and Spirit is a secondary (and as such available for reforging! Yay!).
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

If it helps understanding, spirit is kind of like the current mp5 stat. It appears as a "white stat" on items, but to all intents and purposes it is a "green stat"

+ Reply to Thread