+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need healing advice for a friend

Need healing advice for a friend

So im going to link my friends armory and pls dont look down on the toon. Basically this toon is a pally raid healer in a 25m...i know its against the rules...anyways i need all the help you can offer me as im a tank dps pally and dont know the holy side...yes i saw the str gem in the pants i know. just fyi the 25m has downed saur 2 weeks in a row so im trying to square a lot around since most of them are very new to the 25m experience.

if you could im about to blow a ton of my self saved cash to help out but spec gems and enchants are what im looking for if im correct in my homework they are using

runed cardinal in red
    Luminous ametrine in yellow
    and royal dreadstones in blue.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Brat+Brigade

Your friend seems confused (is this a trolling attempt?, anyway, i'll bite)

your friend has:

pvp meta
    healing pvp trinket
    tank libram
    5 pcs of spell dmg gear
    the rest melee dps gear

in any case, in the offchance this is not trolling, have your friend look at this: http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t84922-h...pendium_3_3_a/

First off i just walked in from work, didnt have time to get back to you this morning and ty for the post it wasnt a troll (right hand up to you know who)
    she must have changed her gear and i can't link wow heroes (its US aggramar-server and idumea-character) but anyways i did check out the jerks and ty for that

secondly a question on enchants with someone who is i guess a flash of light spammer....is she better off having more spell pwr enchants on the gear vs. int enchants or do i have to play the game of enough mana for the fight vs. big enough heals?

finally in terms of glyphs i figure FoL is a starter for majors now should she have Beacon and Seal of wisdom glyph or use HL or seal of light glyph

i thank you again for the link to ej and I did look over on plusheal.com

promises this isnt a troll post for whoever said it earlier i guess i really have my work cut out for me for trying to help out a friend but thats a casual progression guild.

If your friend spams nothing but FoL, mana issues will be non-existant.

So just stack spellpower. Still use the Insightful meta (21 int and a nice mana return), and maybe a handful of purple or orange SP/Int or SP/MP5 gems, but not a lot. You need to have a ton of spellpower to make FoL spam viable, because it is such a weak heal.

And for glyphs, Seal of Light would be preferred for FoL. Beacon is a decent glyph, and if you never use HL there's no point in glyphing it. So as weak as the FoL glyph is (5% crit OH BOY), I guess use it.

ty much for you help guys and i do promise i didnt cast a fishing line on tankspot forums.

I'm going to have to completely and utterly disagree with Harmancy. The EJ article listed above is pretty good, but if you read between the lines, FoL specs are dead. You want to spec/gem/enchant for Holy Light Builds.

General rule of thumb for Gemming

Red Sockets - 20 Int (Brilliant King's Amber)
    Yellow Sockets - 20 Int
    Blue Sockets - 20 Int
    Colourless Belt Socket, or Smithing glove/bracer sockets? - 20 Int
    Fuscia polkadot aquamarine sockets? 20 Int.

But Insahnity, you may say, do you always gem 20 Int for EVERYTHING? Welll... there are exceptions
    Meta Socket - 20 Int doesn't fit there. Go with http://www.wowhead.com/item=41401
    If you read the fine print, it says you need at least one red gem, one yellow gem and one blue gem to work. Solution?
    Pick ONE item in your gear that has one non-yellow socket, or a lot of yellow sockets but one non-yellow socket, and has the HIGHEST int socket bonus, and put a http://www.wowhead.com/item=49110 . This one gem will cover all the meta needs, and still gives you 10 int.

Enchanting - Enchant for the following stats
    1) Int
    2) Int
    3) Int
    4) Some More Int
    5) Ah heck, more Int)
    1000) Int
    1001) Profession specific enchants (for example, Hyperspeed accelerators on gloves for engineers, or nitroboost on boots)
    1002) Stats (Chest)
    1003) haste (cloak, for example)
    1004) Spell Power
    1005) For boots the oddball that you can't enchant for any of the above, choose Tuskarr's if you haven't specced into Pursuit of Justice, otherwise go with +7 mp5 and +7 health per 5 (Enchant Boots: Vitality).

For gearing http://www.wowhead.com/item=40705 is still Best In Slot (ilvl 200, purchased with badges of Heroism)

Glyph Holy Light, Seal of Wisdom.. the 3rd is iffy, but I'd go with Beacon of Light. Have your friend pick up the 2 mandatory ones at the very least.

For rotation, Beacon the tank, Holy Light the other tank. Keep up judgements for haste buff, don't let beacon or sacred shield fall off your tank(s). Divine Plea at 70% mana. Don't stand in Fire, go eat a sammich if you want.

I actually think that FoL is dead as well, but I think that forcing a new spec and playstyle on somebody who clearly needs major major help is going to be too much for them to handle. Baby steps.

I don't recommend going FoL at all, but if you're going to do it you might as well do it right.

just got back to the laptop sorry guys missed all the posting....

well then help me out with some suggestions...in the 25m raid we have a disc priest and a good holy pally, prob is that we are always short on heals so this person says they'll help heal and really all i can use is a raid healer so i figured a FoL build might be best for them. if im completely in the wrong here tell me brutal honesty goes over easier than pulling the band-aid off slowly. lol anyways so then i should look more towards a HL build and just have them cast bombs as a raid healer then, am i correct in what you are saying?

btw i just caught the bottom of insahnity's post as you can see i have a mitigation tank healer and 2 holy pallies since its a casual raiding guild im not going to be the prick and say hey you have to go ret no questions asked....i just deal with 3 tank heals thats why im trying to get around the idea of a pally being a tank only healer was hoping that a FoL build might just let me do that with the 2nd pally.

Disc Priests are not particularly efficient tank healers anymore. While they can and should help out on tanks (occasional bubble, bouncing Prayer of Mending off of them, dipping in with a couple Flash Heals or a Penance here and there), they are mostly used for bubbling the raid. A Disc Priest can prevent a lot of damage this way.

If you have two Holy Paladins, it's best to have them heal the tanks and have the Priest on the raid. However, I don't know if this person will be receptive to a complete change in playstyle or not.

the priest hes cool with anything like i said casual guild....i just have to get the holy pally up to stuff on the meter (i know meters dont mean a lot but when shes last and we wipe and ppl complain cause i put the run together its disheartning) if you know what i mean actually right now the armory link should show her holy gear i know its all screwbally and its kinda a mess but i can say this im 73k buffed in icc 25m as the MT i could prob put her lesser pally heals on me alone and let the better pally handle the other pally tank and bear. sound right?

Actually, FoL spam works well ive got 5.1kgs and i FoL spam only use HL on emergencies and throw in a few Holy Shocks every now and again and i can manage about 5.5-6k hps in icc 25

Quote Originally Posted by Healadin View Post
    Actually, FoL spam works well ive got 5.1kgs and i FoL spam only use HL on emergencies and throw in a few Holy Shocks every now and again and i can manage about 5.5-6k hps in icc 25
    I don't know what that gearscore translates into in terms of item level. 6k HPS isn't really a lot though, especially for a raid healer. And if you're tank healing as FoL, I'm gonna cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmacy View Post
    I don't know what that gearscore translates into in terms of item level
    5.1k gs is basically ilvl 251 with some T9/232 items mixed in.

5-6k hps in 25 man ICC is eighter a sign of too many healers or wonky damage intake profile (think PP) (not mentioning the /other/ possible reason ...:P). Healers in a properly tuned icc 25 raid and with decent raid/tank incoming damage usually sit in between 8 - 11k hps, each (guessed absorbs factor in for disc priests).

+ Reply to Thread