+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feral Tank Seeking Long-Term Home

Feral Tank Seeking Long-Term Home

I've posted this several places on the official forums, but wanted to put it here too since some of the more serious types tend to gravitate to this site. I apologize in advance if you've already read this.

I raided full-time through Vanilla and into BC (4-5 hours/night, 5-6 nights/week), and while I still enjoy it (12/12, 7/12 heroic 10M, 12/12 , 2/12 heroic 25M), I've come to accept that at this point in my life finding a long-term home is more important to me than being at the cutting-edge of progression and gear. I'm 26, married, and a high school teacher. Summer's winding down, and I've been unable to find a guild on my current server(s) whose personality matches mine and can accommodate my new constraints.

I'm looking for small-to-medium sized guild, preferably on an RP-PVP or RP server, whose members are there to have fun and enjoy each other's company, be it running heroics, BGs, or just chilling in a tavern chatting with one another. Progression is by no means my main criteria, but I would prefer a guild that is either deep into normal ICC or just beginning the jump into heroics (I don't want to be carried). While I have four 80s and a couple of others in the 60s and 70s, I would prefer to play my feral tank (10m kingslayer) or possibly my affliction warlock (25m kingslayer) as my "main." My other 80s, a hunter and a DK, are more or less used for their transmutation CDs at this point, though I've been playing the hunter a bit lately to gear her up in heroics and VOA when we have it.

Requirements:
    -Weeknight raid/event times need to start around 6-8pm EST and finish up by 10-11pm EST; weekends are more open (though I do like my college football on Saturdays come fall. . .)
    -Casual-friendly. I've maintained >90% attendance raiding four nights/week over the summer, but that just isn't practical during the school year and I need a guild that is understanding of that and will be okay with my only making it a couple of nights some weeks.
    -Mature adults. I spend 8 hours each day locked in a room full of 16-year olds; I'd rather not spend my evenings with them too.
    -Healthy server faction balance (PVP server). Cataclysm is on the not-so-distant horizon, and the leveling game isn't much fun when you're getting roflstomped by three times your number the moment you step out of town.
    -Need access to 25m raids, be it through guild runs, alliances, or a healthy PUG population on the server. Yes I know pugs tend to fail pretty hard, but most servers have at least a couple of solid weekly 25m runs that can consistently down 7-8 if not more.

Prefer:
    -RP-PVP > PVP > RP > PVE server in order of preference
    -Medium to High population server
    -Small to Medium-sized guild (≤ 50-60 members)
    -Alliance (sorry, what can I say -- I like Darnassus)
    -Healthy server faction balance (PVE server). World PVP isn't much fun when you're getting roflstomped by 4 times your number the moment you ping world defense, and Wintergrasp isn't much fun with 10+ tenacity.

If you think I may be a fit for your guild, please feel free to contact me here or off-forum via email or MSN (albrecht_rk@hotmail.com).
    Last edited by Finbarr; 08-18-2010 at 04:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread