+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sindragosa Gear

Sindragosa Gear

My guild is going to be working on 25man Heroic Sindragosa this week and im the Tank. I use Frost Resist gear for normal mode but ive heard that on Heroic a tank shouldn't use Frost Resist gear. Is that true? Also I can't seem to find a good strat guide for this. Tankspot only has 10man Heroic and Stratfu doesn't cover Heroic. Any help?

Basicly as doing Sindragosa 25man with the 30% buff - Frost resistance Aura/Totem is enough. You do not need to wear any further Frostresi.
    Talking about HC - You may want to use 1-2 good Frostresi items such as Ring(s)/Necklace or a Frostresi enchant (shoulder/helm). As may any player of your group think about. But since Sindragosa's physical damage also is higher, you may prefer using your normal tankgear with none(/just mentioned) frostresi gear than your whole frostresi gear.
    Suggestions (as - for example - hordeguides written guide and my personal suggestion) are to use mainly your normal gear.

After all => It is up to you/your raidleader/your raid as you decide on how to engage Sindragosa 25man.

People say that Sindy's physical damage is much higher than her magic damage, and while this is partly true wrt burst damage (especially considering parry-hasting), her overall magic damage is about similar to her physical damage when you add in damage from frost aura, chilled to the bone, frost breaths & any blistering colds that you dont run out for.

We got to Sindy pretty late so this might not have been true earlier, but now I tank her using a gearset that hits the expertise hardcap, 340+ FrR for average 40% resist (ring, belt, head & cloak enchants, pally aura+resist flask) then stacking EH (armor+stam). This leaves her melee tickling at around 25k per swing with no parry-gibs, her frost breath hitting for about 25k in P1 and up to 35k in P3 (due to Mystic Buffet stacks), and as long as my buffet stacks are low I can stay in for BCs (hit for <30k).

My tanking partner, a warrior, tried going the pure EH route at first. He took a little less melee damage but a LOT more overall elemental damage so he swapped it up to hit one of the lower resist bars (219, I think) with the Ony rings & head/cloak enchants on a spare 264-level tier piece & 2nd cloak, and his overall incoming damage dropped a lot too.

My advice for 25HC would be to hit one of the lower resist bars (219 or 340) to take the edge off the burst magic damage then stack EH.

FWIW we're using a similar strat for Halion HC fire & shadow tanks, so far incoming damage is pretty reasonable - I'm curious what other people think of this approach for hybrid elemental/physical hard-hitters?

I tank sindy hc with the frost resist boots and ring, you loose minmal stats for extra 100 FrR. Try to stack armor since her melee hurts on heroic and stop meleeing in P3 to prevent any parry gibs

Don't forget to grab an Ony ring. Armor + Resistance = awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

At 30% with reasonable gear you shouldn't need frost resist. That said, it won't HINDER you per se. I mean, it gives that cushion that alot of people needed, it was near impossible at 0% with no frost resist. I personally would recommend as a warrior, your 4 piece for the extra cooldown ,with frost resist belt, boots and Ony ring.

You dont want to sacrifice the armor on the belt for frost resist imo.

You dont want to sacrifice the armor on the belt for frost resist imo.
    Switch out to an armor trinket then?
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

I run with no frost res gear now at 30% it just holds you back, 4 piece t10, heroic scarab and sindra trinket. Don't forget an armor pot in p3. Use a cooldown when switching and be mindful of what your assigned healers are calling out, if they can't heal you ect. keep her debuffed up but don't go nuts attacking her as you will just build unwanted stacks and threat should be well ahead of the dps anyway.
    Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party, this Is something I have missed since nov 08.

Your threat won't be that far ahead of the DPS if your DPS knows what they are doing....threat doesn't scale as well as DPS at 30%. And if the rogues have to tricks you every time you aren't doing your job.

Quote Originally Posted by Raij View Post
    Your threat won't be that far ahead of the DPS if your DPS knows what they are doing....threat doesn't scale as well as DPS at 30%. And if the rogues have to tricks you every time you aren't doing your job.

But, when is a rogue not using tricks of the trade every cool down, if they have the Tier 10 2 piece bonus? :P
    Last edited by Pöny; 08-20-2010 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Had a Phantom " S" floating around Deleted it :)

If they use it on other melee they increase overall damage. It is better to have a tank that can do threat and have the rogues tricks themselves or others after the initial pull.

Duely Noted Raij.

To get back to the OP. I have not heard of many poeple using frost gear Due to the Phyical Damage being greater than the magick, but only due to the 30% buff you get now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowen View Post
    I run with no frost res gear now at 30% it just holds you back, 4 piece t10, heroic scarab and sindra trinket. Don't forget an armor pot in p3. Use a cooldown when switching and be mindful of what your assigned healers are calling out, if they can't heal you ect. keep her debuffed up but don't go nuts attacking her as you will just build unwanted stacks and threat should be well ahead of the dps anyway.
    ^ This. At 30% frost resist gear isn't worth gimping your armor for. Ideally wear the T10 4pc with the 277 offset legs and stam trinkets seeing as armor loses significant value relative to stam since a good percentage of damage is magic. Also the on use from Sindy's trinket is golden on her.

I dont get the math supporting this claim of "dont wear any FrR". Can someone enlighten me?

341 resist is achieveable using the Ony25 ring (30 resist + 800 armor, assuming your other ring is Deviums thats 2 armor rings anyway vs wearing the low-proc-rate Ashen Band), FrR enchant to head (25 resist for a cost of 7 stam 20 def), enchant to cloak (20 resist at the cost of 225 armor), 130 resist from pally aura, 50 resist from flask (at the cost of a mere 1300hp), and the belt (86 resist, as a bear comparing it to 277 Astrylians I give up 351 armor agi & 6 stam, I figure the 800 armor from the Ony ring more than compensates). I choose not to wear the polar boots since I prefer the crafted ones to maintain expertise hardcap.

340+ resist is minium 30%, average 40% resist. Since roughly 1/2 of her damage is magic (aura+breath+BC+chilled), shaving of 40% of 1/2 the total incoming damage for a cost of about 3k HP seems well worth it to me, especially when the end result is still around 46k armor, >75k HP and no chance for me to parry Sindy.

Another possible solution that doesnt require any specific drops such as the Ony ring or even the need to take off your normal belt, is to fall back to the 219 FrR level running just flask (50), aura (130), head (25) & cloak (20) enchants. For plate classes this is probably better since you can keep wearing the BiS EH badge belt. and gives up a grand total of (225 armor, 7 stam, 20 defense, 1300hp) in exchange for 20% minumum, 30% average resist on about 1/2 of all her incoming damage.

Is there some math that says dropping the FrR will yield lower overall damage? Less spiky damage (this I find highly unlikely)? Some other benefit in TTL without heals etc.? I just dont get why everyone is so down on FrR for this fight, if you are smart about where you get it.

[edit: updated with exact #s for the delta on the belt, and a setup for 219+ FrR for plate classes]
    Last edited by Vaxum; 08-20-2010 at 05:47 PM.

I more view it as it just doesn't matter with the buff anymore, not sure on the math.

Quote Originally Posted by Raij View Post
    Indeed, but you shouldn't need to be going balls to the wall like in a ground phase (p1) in p3 is what I'm saying, high threat moves and debuff Is all I need to do and beyond an inital tricks at the start of the fight I don't need anymore so they are free to be used for dps gains.
    Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party, this Is something I have missed since nov 08.

http://www.chardev.org/?profile=447320

MTing it expertise capped for couple months now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaxum View Post
    I dont get the math supporting this claim of "dont wear any FrR". Can someone enlighten me?
    People asking for math annoy me. I think that if you could understand the math, you would know the math.
    Simply put, with a 30% health bonus, you should be able to survive the fight without frost res.

I choose not to wear the polar boots since I prefer the crafted ones to maintain expertise hardcap.
    The 30% buff also allows people to do silly things like running around with 50+ expertise.

340+ resist is minium 30%, average 40% resist. Since roughly 1/2 of her damage is magic (aura+breath+BC+chilled), shaving of 40% of 1/2 the total incoming damage for a cost of about 3k HP seems well worth it to me, especially when the end result is still around 46k armor, >75k HP and no chance for me to parry Sindy.
    I'd like to see that gearset.

Is there some math that says dropping the FrR will yield lower overall damage? Less spiky damage (this I find highly unlikely)? Some other benefit in TTL without heals etc.? I just dont get why everyone is so down on FrR for this fight, if you are smart about where you get it.
    Like I said, people asking for math are annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

My guild has 1 shotted sindy every week for about 10-12 weeks now and i have never once nor has my offtank used frost resist gear ... all you need is good fast tank switching and use your cool downs wisely ... easy as pie don't bother with FR at all

+ Reply to Thread