+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Min.prot warrior stats/gear with a 30% buff

Min.prot warrior stats/gear with a 30% buff

Some of you that know me know that I've been in ICC for a while with my DK but I finally hit 80 with my warrior cata main. I already have my guildmates begging me to come back from "until cata hits" retirement and tank team 2 in ICC with the new warrior and they want it tonight. lol. Dropped some G last night crafting 245 chest, 245 wrists, 264 legs and boots but I'm still using King's Defender. (I know, fail right) My question is, if I can get lucky in the drop rate this afternoon and grind the badges out, what do you think low ball is on gear with the 30% buff to the healers? I have 2 5.9 GS druids and a very experienced 6.1gs pally. My counterpart is a bear tank with a great bit of gear however in the weekly last night it was everything I could do not to overthreat. The last thing I want to do is jump the gun and soil my superman MT status with an epic fail in ICC. (But the thought of tanking Sindy 24hours after hitting 80 makes the roid rage deep inside my gut quiver.)

Armory link - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rest&cn=Varudu

Remember, I've only been 80 for 12 hours now. lol Kaz & Agg, be gentle.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    You know you just called yourself an asshat, right?

moved to HALP!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Ok the i gotta do it NOW! way
    Tempered Saronite Gloves- stam kit
    Run Normal Halls of lighting - def trink
    Try for Essence of gossamer
    Run the normal ICC 5 mans, alot of 219 stuff in there
    Run the icc 5 man heroics if you can get guild help.
    heroic toc 5man for gloves?

40 stam to bracers
    Stam kits for everything you can slap them on, the helm / Shoulder Chants are BoA now so if your Dk is exalted can go pick em up.

Once you replace the lvl 70 stuff , best thing i can reccomend is asking the guild to run toc for ya before ya head over to ICC. Chances are good to pick up one or two items.
    With some guild help getting a bunch of 5 man stuff before ya raid tonight is entirely possible, ask for some help if time allows.

Hope some of this helps.

526 Defense, 0 Res. But you have a lot of upgradeable parts, even if to just 187 blues. Will they pull you through the ICC5s? Are you going to farm ToC5 regular for The Black Heart and H HoR for Erie Runeblade Polisher and Splintered Citadel Door?

How far do you want to get in ICC tonight? Good luck with drops, the 30% buff and a quality Healadin, 1st wing, Fester, Rot, and VDW?

Right now with Kings you'd be around what, 36k HPs? Buffed around 28k armor? Need that defense, but if you bust your but and get some help, and have quality healers, you can probably OT it fairly decently. May not want to MT quite yet, especially if you're not 100% comfortable with the warriors CDs, and your threat is going to be an issue since the scaling issues with 30% damage buff will be really noticable.

Heck, even if you can get a 219/232 DPS 1 hander, it's probably worth getting.

If you're as good as you make yourself out to be, it might be rough in patches (do you have a Disc priest available to help smooth those over? lol) but probably doable. We brought a tank with a mix of 200-245 gear (probably avareaged 226ish?) into ICC with the 25% buff and got to PP his first time in.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

+ Reply to Thread