+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If you had to choose 1 heroic ICC25 item...

If you had to choose 1 heroic ICC25 item...

Hey,

our raid has started trying hardmodes in ICC25 and we already downed some bosses, so I begin to think about loot upgrades. We´re using a DKP system with and extension, which lets everyone choose one "prime need item" which means, that you will get it, even if your DKP are lower than another player ones.

This prime need system excludes lich king and halion loot as well as set token.

Now I am wondering which item would be the most powerful upgrade for me.

My armory:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...enw%C3%A4chter

Things to consider:
    - The bosses we killed so far are Marrowgar, Gunship, Festergut and Rotface
    - Saurfang and Bllodqueen appear to be the next and chances are good to kill them within the next weeks
    - All other bosses, espeacially sindragosa and Putricide will take much longer, if we beat them at all
    - The bracers from Marrowgar are not in scope, because I think I will get them soon anyway.

Now considering all these facts and viewing at my armoy stats, what would you think would be the best choice to declare my prime need on?

Thanks in advance

I'd say a heroic token. Then you can get the 277 tier chest and combine it with 264 tier hands to get 4pc bonus without sacrificing armor or hp.

My second choice would be the shield off the blood wing.

PS: /drool @ organ & devium. Never had those drop.

Thanks for a first reply

Well, as I already posted, token are unfortunately not available for prime need. Only regular items.

Another useful information might be, that our tank pool consists of 1 warrior (me), 1 paladin, 1 blood DK and one feral. So the shield might be a very nice addition for me, but here I have to "fear" the least competition, since there´s only one other tank aiming for 1h+shield setups.

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    either shield or Royal Crimson Cloak from blood princes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

I vote for the shield. It'd be a nice upgrade. Just tell the pally he doesn't need it, he can hide behind his bubble.

If Sid's Fang is far away, then shield from BQL. 33 sta, 500+ armor, defense, block, block value. It's the biggest available upgrade methinks.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Tbh, a shield is a much more massive upgrade to a warrior than a paladin. (Reverse is true for weapons). Your biggest threat comes from shield slams, directly modified by your shield. His biggest threat comes from hammer of the righteous, directly modified by weapon dps. If it becomes a discussion, point this out (If he brings out shield of the righteous, you bring out devastate :P)

Cloak is a nice one, i got one myself too but i really havent felt like an upgrade over the frost cloak.

I would deffinitly go with the shield for all the suggested reasons above, but also you really want to work on getting the 4 set together.

Quote Originally Posted by Fledern View Post
    Tbh, a shield is a much more massive upgrade to a warrior than a paladin. (Reverse is true for weapons). Your biggest threat comes from shield slams, directly modified by your shield. His biggest threat comes from hammer of the righteous, directly modified by weapon dps. If it becomes a discussion, point this out (If he brings out shield of the righteous, you bring out devastate :P)
    Cloak is a nice one, i got one myself too but i really havent felt like an upgrade over the frost cloak.
    I will agree that HoTR accounts for more threat than ShoR, but tanks shouldn't use threat generation as the #1 criteria when determining what an "upgrade" is. For any tank, suvivability should take priority when choosing upgrades. Using that metric, rather than threat, the shield is an equal upgrade for both warriors and paladins.

The other items I'd consider at the top if the list for heroic upgrades are (in no particular order), devium's ring (http://www.wowhead.com/item=50622), the flawless fang (http://www.wowhead.com/item=50364), and finally the bile-encrusted medallion (http://www.wowhead.com/item=50682). I'd still choose the shield however, as you'll have comepetition for the other items from a DK or druid tank, whereas it's just you and the warrior competing for the shield.
    Last edited by Akeber; 08-17-2010 at 09:30 AM.

Gut reaction is Shield as it is the largest upgrade. The Dkp whore in me from my Everquest days says take something everyone needs first since you will get the shield when it drops for the 2nd or 3rd time.

Take what will make your raid stronger.

I second (twelfth?) the shield. Higher level shield almost always wins.

Your shield slot is pretty much the only place where you can go "is it higher level? does it have defense? UPGRADE"

Okay, thanks so far. Then I will aim for the shield.

Though I know exactly, now that I decided to take the shield, I will get the 10man heroic shield today. Then I will come back here...

277 shield, 277 Bile Encrusted Medallion, 277 Devium's.

After that it's whatever you need more... boots, cloak, etc.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread