+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coehl's UI

Coehl's UI

Download Page

CoehlUI Website

Video of CoehlUI (in German, English coming soon)

This UI is built on a lot of the aesthetics that are popular within minimalist UI's, coupled with some more graphically intense HUD elements, and while the bar textures are recreated only to fit the layouts, they are largely inspired by Caith UI.

One thing that one will quickly notice about this UI is that there is a tabbing structure on the right lower panel, which behaves much liked tabbed browsing in a browser but in a much less involved manner. What this does is allows someone to hide their meters when they are not important, and instead show excess action bars, or information regarding CPU usage and other Fubar like stats.

The far right bar and minimap are also capable of being toggled thanks to this scripting, which is all done in KgPanels.

Resolutions

This UI was built on a 1440x900 and is to some degree more favoring to resolutions that have it's same proportions. However, it still works with most reported resolutions so far.

Installation

The ReadMe for this UI is located on my website here.

AddOns used in this UI are as follows

!BugGrabber
    Bagnon
    Bartender4
    ButtonFacade
    ButtonFacade Darion
    caelNamePlates
    !Class Colors
    Clique
    CoehlUI (just custom textures, important to add)
    Deadly Boss Mods
    FortExorcist
    Fortress
    Grid
    KgPanels
    Mapster
    OmniCC
    Parrot
    Pitbull4
    pminimap
    Prat
    Quartz
    Reflux
    Satrina Buffs
    Shared Media
    Recount
    Omen
    TipTac

Thanks to Aneksi (resolution flex) and Asimo (DBM Settings)

Enjoy CoehlUI

Last edited by coehl; 02-08-2010 at 05:21 AM.

I'm going to try to put together a video that demonstrates the UI soon.
    Last edited by coehl; 02-02-2010 at 10:36 AM.

Hey. This UI rocks only cuz it looks so spaced out. Not only is it just spaced out, but u also find logic behind the mind behind this UI. However i have one question; the addon that shows tooltip and other usefull info about an enemy player, is it possible to have that follow the marker/mousepointer?

Thx for a great UI i will have many hours of fun with.

Regards John.

Crocco 80 Rogue, Kilrogg

Thank you very much Crocco.
    Yes you can make tip tac follow your mouse very easily. It's an easy change in /tiptac

Amazingly well done UI

I have an issue. i use 1680x1050 resolution. that devides to 1.6. But when i type in reflux switch coehlui1.6 nothing lines up correctly.

just to clarify i do i have my ui scale set to .85 like instructed and its still not lined up
    Ill try messing with kgpanels and lining things up myself untill you get back to me. thanks.

also. my bagnon looks nothing like yours.. =(

okay. Kgpanels, bartender ect ect are now in their correct spots. now just that bagnon thing.

EDIT- lots of edits here. also. I noticed you have recount and omen, not skada. Im not complaining (i like recount and omen more) just pointing it out.
    Last edited by squats; 02-06-2010 at 09:42 AM.

I apologize, I'm pretty slammed with questions since I released the new version of the UI yesterday and have been helping people get it set up.
    What I posted here was for pre 2.0 and I got 2.0 out, so only a little of this info is out dated.

I would love to know what happened to your install process, because meddling with Kg can be a real pain, especially with this UI.

If you can manage to get screenshots, and even better, swing by the forums I created just for CoehlUI
    www.cyan-studios.net/coehl/forums/

I can probably help you more.
    But yes, Recount and Omen have replaced Skada. I was having serious issues with consistency in Skada, which pretty much defeats the purpose of going against the grain.
    Anyway, hope to hear more from you soon.

Your UI is amazing ! Problem i have is that my monitor is small 17" and when i setup it to look just like on your ss cant read anything...SO...What monitor size do you haz plz?

Ah, yeah on some small screens, it gets a little taxing on the eyesight. Especially if you run the 1.77 version, because I actually made the UI a little smaller for that proportion.
    Reason being that most users of this proportion are on a much larger res that's super wide, and it would make the graphics absurdly large.

You could try loading the 1.6 settings and just adjusting, but that can be a tedious task, especially within KgPanels.

I totally dig the layout and functionality of this UI. I added Digits and Engraved (DK runes), and I was good to go.

The only dealbreaker for me is the UI scale. I cannot stand having my bag frames, character frames, talent window, tradeskill windows, etc. take up that much room. I'm going to see if I can refit the UI after changing the UI scale as I really like everything else about it. I'm really unfamiliar with kgPanels, so that's the part I'm most worried about making work.

Loving the UI so far though caelNamePlates Made the Faction Champions fight even harder for me. So hard to try to track down the next marked target with all of these slim bars.

On a different note about the installation. Several of the mods did not configure themselves correctly with your instructions. Quartz, Forte, Fortress, and Bartender all failed to load the profile using the chat commands. The fix was as easy as just opening up each mod separately and loading the correct profile from there. Just a heads up for anyone else seeing bars not quite positioned correctly.

Edit: I agree with Prunetracy. The bags and stuff are just way to big. Kind of annoying.

What resolution are you guys on? This is what I get.
    Attached Images

I'm on the 1.6 ratio (1650x1280). Looking at your install guide, there's a very large difference between that ratio and the 1.25 for the uiscale settings.

.85 is pretty large, .663 is close to minimum, which is what I usually use.

I suppose I'll also mention that I have a 22" monitor. When I had a smaller screen, uiscales below .8 were very hard to read. Now, though, anything more than .7 seems huge and takes up way too much space.
    Last edited by Prunetracy; 02-09-2010 at 09:16 PM.

Yeah, I was trying to make the art situate itself for any resolution in a fashion that was pretty uniform from one to another. Due to art sizes, it turned out that the UI scales took themselves to some extremes to maintain proportions (I gave up on 1.77 because .85 was as much as I could do without raging, hence the increased side space on that resolution).
    Personally, I'm like you. My eyesight is good and I like free real estate. What I've found over the course of this AddOn's development, though, is that I'm in a very vocal minority. We speak loudly about how we like the smaller uiscale, but I've received a good number of complaints about the uiscale actually being too small. Although thanks to plugs from podcasts and a lot of websites, it's worth noting that my UI is rather popular with a unique demographic of people that were using stock UI's or smorgasbords of self dumped addons. These sorts of people probably do have a little shell shock when the uiscale shrinks.

In the coming months I might be able to get away with adjusted art for every resolution type and a common UI scale of what I want. Which is .7
    Just gotta give people time to adjust.

Yeah, I hear ya. It's tough to provide a ui that everyone will like, let alone doing it for multiple resolution setups.

I'll keep an eye on this thread for any updates, and I'll keep looking into adjusting the current setup for my own tastes.

I recently downloaded your ui and dig it alot. I have replaced the fortexorcist debuff tracking with class timer due to lots of spam during bossfights. I have also added eavesdrop and perror/errormonster. I am experiencing a couple of problems though. Omen appears through all tabs during fights even behind my extra bars and info. I checked the scripts on kgpanels and they seemed to be written right (with the hide part in there, however i am quite inexperienced with scripting and may be able to provide you with a screen shot showing the problem.
    Another question is that I run two separate chat windows. the normal one and one that only shows raid/group/guild chat. This is a must have window for me and i was wondering if you could tell me how i could make tabs for switching between them. The same thing with the tabs you already have installed on the ui. I never hide my minimap so i was wondering as to how to make that into a similar tab as the other ones. I was hoping to be able to move eavesdrop or expand omen or recount into that window. Finally, recounts scroll arrows seem to be non-interactive and since i do not usually top the dps charts I really need to be able to scroll down. I checked all my recount settings and they are all in order. Is it a problem with Kgpanels intercepting mouse clicks?

Thanks for all the feedback in advance!
    Love the ui! Keep It up!

I have a rather random question, I do love the look of your UI, very clean indeed, I am currently using a different set up as a resto druid , but I want the box in the lower right panel, it looks amazing and the idea behind it is superb. Is there a way I can get that without having to DL your whole UI?

Hey coehl, I really want to use your UI, 1problem, It doesn't load it, some gnome is screaming at the background vitallty or something. It just doesn't load, can you please help me because I want to use your UI because it looks awesome and it should fit with me.
    greetz twajoh

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    nice looking UI.

P.S. Ich bin auch ein Deutsch und ich spiele Priester zu (not my native but I know a lot, but still get stuff wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

How did you make the buttons with KGPanels. I'm making a UI based of this and Roarc's UI and I really would love to have buttons in mine. please help.

+ Reply to Thread