+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Gearing for EHP or Avoidance

thanks guys, but every time i try to explain this to xtremos he always tell me, that the healers find him easy to heal but he finds me hard to heal on his priest and i should try gemming and enchanting like him and i would be easier to heal. i really dont know how to convince him that he is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Phindo View Post
    thanks guys, but every time i try to explain this to xtremos he always tell me, that the healers find him easy to heal but he finds me hard to heal on his priest and i should try gemming and enchanting like him and i would be easier to heal. i really dont know how to convince him that he is wrong.
    I think part of the discrepancy there is that he's making an assumption based off two unrelated bits of feedback. 1) He finds it hard to heal you,
    2) They (other healers) find it easy to heal him (on his tank).

The pieces that are missing here are:

1) Is he as skilled as those other healers? Geared the same?
    2) Have those healers that find him easy to heal on his tank healed for you? What do they say? And to put it in context, is his tank more geared than yours, and is his tank the same class as yours?
    3) He obviously can't heal himself. So he's only imagining what "easy" must mean when others say he's easy to heal.

As for (2), I ask because while I don't feel any tank class is significantly weaker or stronger in general, they definitely do take different patterns of damage that some may feel is "harder to heal".

1) i dont think he is as good geared, i think he is around 5,7k GS on his healer and the other healers are around 5.9k i think (im not 100% sure)
    2)We are both warrior tank, i dont know if race is a big deal but im a dwarf (dont take the piss saying no wonder i get hit hard im small XD) he is a dareni. I am 5575 GS his tank is roughly 5.7k gs im not sure he may be 5.6k. I think the other healers have healed for me, and only 1 of them has ever actually said TO ME how i am to heal, and he said im not hard to heal but im not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phindo View Post
    1) i dont think he is as good geared, i think he is around 5,7k GS on his healer and the other healers are around 5.9k i think (im not 100% sure)
    2)We are both warrior tank, i dont know if race is a big deal but im a dwarf (dont take the piss saying no wonder i get hit hard im small XD) he is a dareni. I am 5575 GS his tank is roughly 5.7k gs im not sure he may be 5.6k. I think the other healers have healed for me, and only 1 of them has ever actually said TO ME how i am to heal, and he said im not hard to heal but im not easy.
    Based on the information provided, I'd say he's just struggling a bit as a healer, not that you are horribly squishy. As has been mentioned, disc isn't as good at tank healing, although on normal modes in ICC, as long as you have someone else backing the disc priest up a bit, it shouldn't really be a big deal. He also may be suffering a bit from the "healing is supposed to be easy" notion. It's not easy. It's not super uber hard, but when you're in progression mode, or still gearing up on earlier bosses, it's definitely not a snooze-fest.

If the healers that usually heal him when he tanks all feel that you are definitely squishier, then there's something going on. Effective use of cooldowns and positioning can sometimes account for the difference in "squishiness", but there's no way for us to tell by looking at your armory if you're making effective playstyle choices, as opposed to gear and spec choices.

Honestly though: avoidance vs. EH has been done to death on tankspot. There's a ton of threads on this subject if you do a search on the forums.

ok thanks very much, been a big help everyone

+ Reply to Thread