+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best class for worgen?

Best class for worgen?

Alright so i am one of the many people im guessing to come back to WoW when cataclysm comes out. Ive decided on making a new toon, instead of playing my old horde druid. Im feeling the Worgen alot more than Goblin so i guess im going to make the switch over to alliance. I only played horde previously because i just chose horde, so not really against going alliance.

Anyways my question is, and im hoping to get a bit of a discussion going, is what would be the best class for a Worgen? And a little deeper what about professions and specs those certain classes.

Right now when i return im leaning towards a Combat Rogue. Of course that could all change with how the specs are balanced post cataclysm. But the plus to crit would be a welcome addition. But at the same time, i doubt the racial sprint is on a separate cool down from the rogue sprint. So that seems almost like a wasted racial.

I was planning on Skinning/leather working (or another gathering to 80, as demand will go up with all the new toons) The faster skinning is sweet, will save A LOT of time over the 1-85. And leather working almost seems like obvious match if i do go leather-wearer over say a mage who wears cloth.

Of course hunter/warrior with sprint would be amazing, and the crit would help them just as much. I dont think there is any class that sprint wouldnt help actually.

So what do you guys think? I figure there will be a MASSIVE amount of Worgens right after the patch, but it should fade away very slowly as people go back to their main toons. As this is going to be my only Alli eventually the numbers should be tolerable haha.

Well, on the beta I'm leveling a Worgen feral druid, and it's the first time I've actually enjoyed the feral experience.

As for your concern over the racial sprint, it is it's own cooldown. On my worgen druid, I can racial sprint and cat dash back to back.

Quote Originally Posted by Taq View Post
    Well, on the beta I'm leveling a Worgen feral druid, and it's the first time I've actually enjoyed the feral experience.

As for your concern over the racial sprint, it is it's own cooldown. On my worgen druid, I can racial sprint and cat dash back to back.
    Damn, thats so sick. But yeah I would say a rogue or druid. Because 1% extra crit is really nice. Plus if you're feral you get 5% from leader of the pack.

EDIT: And you'll get 2% more if you spec into master shapeshifter. so thats 8% extra crit.

well my first toon was holy pal. sold it.
    then i made second toon feral druid.

So this will be my third toon and i dont know about repeating feral druid again. I was strongly leaning towards rogue, but then i hear about the sexiness of Arms warriors, and how nice the crit and the sprint would be on a warrior also...

damn still not sure. lucky i have a very long time to decide.

anyone know how much faster the skinning is iwth a worgen?

WoWwiki says .5 seconds faster. isn't much but it'll help.

But yeah I didn't think about warriors that extra speed on top of charges and intercept would be crazy if you were going to pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by G2nelson View Post
    Alright so i am one of the many people im guessing to come back to WoW when cataclysm comes out. Ive decided on making a new toon, instead of playing my old horde druid. Im feeling the Worgen alot more than Goblin so i guess im going to make the switch over to alliance. I only played horde previously because i just chose horde, so not really against going alliance.

Anyways my question is, and im hoping to get a bit of a discussion going, is what would be the best class for a Worgen? And a little deeper what about professions and specs those certain classes.
    As for profession and specs, its simply impossible to know as all class talent trees are still going through changes. Most seem to have settled down and are getting values tweaked but others are still seeing major addition and subtraction going on. Mastery is also in the initial test phases so its hard to tell where that will head. Right now, we can all agree that Protection Warrior Mastery is quite lackluster until extremely high gear levels.

Professions are barely in the game at the moment. We only really know of a few Profession Only items. Alchemy and Engineering both have their "special" items at least previewed but not finalized.

--

The game itself has changed quite a bit since the days of old where racials were as make or break to a class as anything. Now racials can help but they do not make a Dwarf that much better than a Worgen. The Critical Strike bonus effects all forms of damage so all classes are a good fit. That being said, if you plan on doing using their crafting racial you will take up skinning and enhance your critical strike % even more. Most Worgen at launch will more than likely be druids, for the same reason there were a ton of Draenei Shaman and Blood Elf Paladins in TBC. When you expand a class from a single race people that may have never wanted to try it because they disliked the race will pick it up.

One other note, at least in early Beta, Darkflight and Dash/Sprint worked on similar and sometimes mutually exclusive cooldowns. I do not know if this is still the case, but it is something to think about. If this remains, it will make Darkflight a whole lot less attractive to both Worgen druids and rogues.

To me Worgen smells a lot of rogue & druid. Problem with the druid is you'll rarely spend time out of your multiple shapes. No sense in being a big bad wolf when you're mostly a bear / cat / tree :P.

I already have a rogue so i'm thinking of transferring it once they allow it. Maybe someday i'll level another one just to see the new leveling content. But for purely new leveling experience, the goblins have finally & totally won me over.

From the moment Cata was announced I wanted a worgen rogue. It just seems the best combination to me, I'd also like to make a druid but everyone and their friends are making worgen druids.

ok so mildy off the wall compared to your well considered responses.. but worgen look cool so i won't be taking a class that hides that.. i.e. no dresses and no shapeshifting. so I'm left with rogue, warrior DK or hunter I'm leaning towards warrior as i think heck you can never have too much mobility.. charge, intercept, intervene, heroic leap and sprint.. never live live in the slow lane again

Warriors are the best class for any race, because Warriors are the best class.

Quote Originally Posted by Petninja View Post
    Warriors are the best class for any race, because Warriors are the best class.
    That's basically it!

Plus the Sprint Racial + Warbringer + new Nitro Boosts results in awesome mobility so you're almost never move at normal speed :P .

And if you never played a Warrior before you should really try it.
    Wer reitet so spät durch Nacht und Wind?
    Es ist der Kodo mit seinem Rind.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyla View Post
    That's basically it!

Plus the Sprint Racial + Warbringer + new Nitro Boosts results in awesome mobility so you're almost never move at normal speed :P .

And if you never played a Warrior before you should really try it.
    Oh, I was just posting to buff my post count. It's very unlikely that my warrior will ever be worgen unless they buff the human model a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Petninja View Post
    Oh, I was just posting to buff my post count. It's very unlikely that my warrior will ever be worgen unless they buff the human model a ton.
    Really??? Huh, I never thought about that.

I have 3 Warriors (a Nelf, a Gnome and a Nhuman )and I never regretted leveling anyone of them so I will add a Worgen Warrior to my collection with Cataclysm.

Oh, I have 5 warriors I've enjoyed leveling. I just can't stand the human male model, and I don't make warrior chicks.

I have the same problem with my mainchar a female, human Warrior they're just too skinny. Every time I'm wielding a twohand-sword I think she's going to break an arm or something like that.
    Female Vrykul look kinda cool more like the D3 Barbarian...

...so 113 posts what's next?

Gee 5 Warriors I guess I'm not the only crazy person in the World. How sad and female Worgen look skinny too =/ .

Quote Originally Posted by Fledern View Post
    To me Worgen smells a lot of rogue & druid. Problem with the druid is you'll rarely spend time out of your multiple shapes. No sense in being a big bad wolf when you're mostly a bear / cat / tree :P.

I already have a rogue so i'm thinking of transferring it once they allow it. Maybe someday i'll level another one just to see the new leveling content. But for purely new leveling experience, the goblins have finally & totally won me over.
    Worgen Druids not only have their unique looks, but Resto Druids no longer cure in Tree form 90% of the time. Remember Tree of Life is now a healing cooldown instead of an actual Form.

and female Worgen look skinny too =/ .
    Remember they aren't finished yet.

ok few things...

1. Worgen druids have unique skins?!?!? anyone want to link that
    2. Whoever said they might play a worgen dk needs to be shot... why... just why?
    3. Right now im between warrior and rogue.... I guess it depends more on balancing of the two races
    4. There was something else i forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Remember they aren't finished yet.
    Yeah but I'm guessing that the won't look too different. One think I could imagine is that they will not implement female Worgen because they figured out that they couldn't get it right. ^_^

Pics for the bear and cat form:

Bear: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...orgen_bear.jpg

Cat: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...worgen_cat.jpg

And Warriors wear plate armore wich is a big plus .

Yeah but I'm guessing that the won't look too different. One think I could imagine is that they will not implement female Worgen because they figured out that they couldn't get it right. ^_^
    Why's that? The Worgen males look much different from when they were first showcased. They looked like cute furry puppy men at the start, but now they're all rawr eat your face!

Go mage, you'll be one special snowflake in a pool of rogues/warriors/druids. Whats better than 1 face munching puppy? 4 face munching puppies shooting fire.

I don't see why they are making worgen death knights - even forsaken death knights are stretching it (They weren't worthy to being death knights in the first place, so all of a sudden they climbed the top of the food chain after they broke free of the Lich King's control?), and now a race of cursed people that only came out into the world after the LK's demise?

+ Reply to Thread