+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Warrior tank need some help! Its not the same as my pally xD

New Warrior tank need some help! Its not the same as my pally xD

Hi guys!

I have a lvl 80 Paladin Tank wich i have raided with since TBC. Ive recently started playing again after 5 months break. So since my guild have stoped raiding under the time i was away i thougth i use the time without serious raiding to lvl a warrior tank wich a always wanted to try out.

I have read some of the guides here (Aggs prto guide and some more) on tankspot but im still unsure of a couple of things.

Im abit confused about the rotation for warrior tanks, i have read some guids but they arent saying the same thing. Wich made me unsure about which rotation i realy should use at this that when patch 3.3.3 is out.
    So questions:

1. Wich rotation do i use for singletarget raidbosses?
    2. Wich rotation do i use for trash, aoe tanking?
    3. How do i best get snapaggo on a trash pack when starting off?
    4. Wich possible speccs is viable in raids?
    5. What debuffs or buffs can and should i apply?
    6. Is rage often a problem and in that case how do i handle it?

Would also be nice if you can give me some links to other guides and usefull links/pages for a noob warrior tank that wants to raid icc hc

Many thanks in advance
    /Bel

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-Tanking-Guide

You may also want to see Wartotems spreadsheet on warrior tps/dps.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Just some basic outline of what you should be doing:

There is no rotation, just a priority system. Basically, for single target its shield slam > revenge >devastate, while keeping your buff shout (commanding or battle) up, and also your debuffs (thunderclap and demo shout) up as much as you can. On raid bosses you will not run out of rage so queue Heroic Stroke on every swing. For AoE normally I charge, shield block, thunderclap for quick snap agro (dps usually use aoe immediately...), shield slam to build good threat on the main target, use shockwave on cd when mobs are positioned correctly and then you have to actively manage your aoe threat by applying your single target abilities while tabing through the mobs. Use cleave as a rage dump on aoe. There is no easy mode aoe here, you have to work to maintain your aoe threat :P

And dont forget the must fun part of prot warriors when compared to other tanks: mobility, you should be charging, intercepting and interveninig all over the place !

If you need more specific tips ask, and be sure to read Aggathon's guide.

New Warrior tank need some help! Its not the same as my pally xD

For packs of mobs u can heroic throw one and charge another. That way you have aggro on two by the time you hit them. Shield block and thunderclap to pick them up then normally I move back a little so they group up. Then shockwave. Whilst they are stunned tab shield slam/ revenge / devastate to get aggro on all. For trash packs usually you will have a lot of rage so pretty much you can spam heroic strike as well. Throw in a demo shout as well for a little extra threat. It's a lot of work but after a while becomes second nature

Thanks guys i will try it out, have read Aggathon's guide and its ace was just unsure if the rotation still was the one for 3.3.3.
    Still have a lot to learn but im working on it

And dont forget the must fun part of prot warriors when compared to other tanks: mobility, you should be charging, intercepting and interveninig all over the place !
    how true that is. just like beleran but the other way around, i have a warrior tank but decided to level a paly to 80 and started tanking. that wasn't tanking... it was just plain boring and if i wanted boring i would be dps. warrior tanks FTW!

dude, keep at it and good luck!

+ Reply to Thread