+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poor dps and low damage

Poor dps and low damage

This is my Armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ers+of+Azeroth

I know I have very little haste compared to the 1200 soft cap I've read about in the forums, but I've tried using haste gems and that lowers my dps and my crit even more. It would be great if you guys could help out, I don't know if instead of new gems I need different t9 gear (until I get my t10). Thanks a lot!

My cast 'rotation' is what everybody suggests in the forums:

1.Curse of Doom
    2.Immolate
    3.Chaos Bolt
    4.Conflagrate
    5.Incinerate (filler)
    6.Seed of Corruption and Soul Shatter (mobs)
    7.Life Tap (before and during boss fights)
    Last edited by Xarlyna; 08-14-2010 at 02:13 AM.

Your glyphs are ok
    Your talents could use a /little/ tweaking, but I supose it won't be what makes or breaks your dps.

Observations:
    1. you are about 100 hit rating under the cap. It is not a big deal if you have a draney and a shadow priest in there
    2. Your rotations is not good

You want to take advantage of backdraft, so your rotation will be:

1. curse of xxx (if there isn't any other source of Curse of elements, use curse of elements, it is a bigger dps increase)
    2. Immolate
    3. conflagrate (backdraft starts)
    4. chaos bolt (under backdraft)
    5. incinerate (under backdraft)
    6. incinerate (under backdraft)
    7.8 incinerate
    9. Immolate needs refreshing bout now, also considering any stop in the dps, target switches etc
    10. conflagrate (backdraft starts)
    11.12.13. incinerate (under backdraft)
    14. throw a life tap for good measure, and for keeping glyph up. (chaos bolt comes off cd about now)

One other thing to ponder about, how do you take advantage of a spell cast time of 2.45s vs 2.5 sec ?

If I were you, i'd make a cast sequence macro and assign it to mouse wheel up or down. That way you get absolute best reaction time and take full advantage of any haste increase.

rinse and repeat.

P.S. replace those pvp pieces a.s.a.p. even if you plug in ilvl 251 ones.

What Timberton said is right. Another good place to look is the Warlocks Den (http://wowmb.net/). You'll probably be able to get more specific questions answered quicker than here, but you never know.

There's been a lot of talk somewhat recently about the Lifetap Glyph and if it is even worth it considering how low warlock spirit is getting. So you can replace that with an immolate glyph if you feel like it but its more a playstyle thing still, rather than a real increase for most or until your spirit drops way down.

Most lack of DPS comes from pushing buttons in the right order and then gear. With a few notable exceptions.

Hit: 17% with 3% coming from Spriest, 1% Draenai, 3% Talents. With current hit I'd assume the first two are true. In that case you're looking good.
    Haste: Could be higher, don't worry about "omg I'm not at some cap I saw on a forum!" , just work at getting better gear in general and it will fall into place.

Timberton's rotation was great too. With a little more haste you'll find you can fit a 2nd conflag before your first immolate wears off.
    I'd suggest getting power auras and making an aura if you're having problems keeping your spells on cooldown. Making a graphic somewhere on your screen saying Chaos Bolt or Conflag is ready to be used or Immolate isn't up on your target are good until you're used to the rotation and can do it by reflex but go with what works for you.

Last useful tip is to be sure to use your warlock teleport whenever you have to run. Also fire off things like Conflag if you can while moving, refresh your curse or even toss up a corruption if you've got nothing better to do and no need to lifetap.

With a little more haste you'll find you can fit a 2nd conflag before your first immolate wears off.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberton
    9. Immolate needs refreshing bout now, also considering any stop in the dps, target switches etc
    10. conflagrate (backdraft starts)
    Bolded the interesting bit. Being able to conflagrate twice from 1 immolate is great, but it is also more risky (what do you mean my immolate fell off ?) , as a general advice to the average lok: I'd stick with refreshing immolate for safe measure.

If you can double conflagrate, go for it, but your mindset should be to refresh immolate.
    Last edited by Timberton; 08-16-2010 at 10:22 PM.

thank you!

Cool! I've made a few changes! I have my t10 chest piece now.. still working on the rotation but got my haste up a bit and gonna add some hit to that with a gem... my gs is a bit higher now so I'll be able to get into more icc runs and might be able to get some good loot there.
    if you have any other advice for me that'd be great! thanks
    Last edited by Xarlyna; 08-19-2010 at 09:44 PM.

I guess I should post my armory link again http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ers+of+Azeroth

By the way, while i know it's not a accurate raid dps measurement bla-bla, what is your dps on the Heroic training dummy (without foods/flasks) ?

this char http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ng&cn=Demental (well, my 4'th alt, so lay off the armory police, I'm working on it) can sustain about 4.6-4.7k dps at said dummy (over, let's say, 1 million damage done).

+ Reply to Thread