+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Petrified Twilight Scale

Petrified Twilight Scale

so I'm wondering if this trinket would be decent for anything?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=54571

all the tanks in my guild are convinced this is a useless trinket and not worth the dkp but i was thinking it might be good for heroic festergut since i stack armor for that fight anyways. but I'm just wondering if its as useless as everyone says?

I like the trinket because the armor is static, which means it remains consistent. Additionally, the proc is a bit different than normal, but looks useful to me. If you dip below 35% health, you're really really want to going to avoid hits, and this allows you to do that. Not sure about the theorycrafting on it, but I'm betting any tank that thinks it's useless is falling into the EH = Stamina trap.

Everyone says that's useless? Wut?

The proc is fairly meh, but that's um...a lot of armor.

The 264 mythical Unidentifiable Organ (which doesn't actually drop) might be a bit better, overall, but Petrified Twilight Scale does have a LOT of armor on it.

Static armor = good.

Proc = gravy

FYI - 700 dodge is a LOT! If you have the UO this is not a replacement, but I'd take it over the glyph of indomitability.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Heavy physical damage fights (fester, saurfang) would make it and UO a good combo. It would help slow incoming damage making you easier for your healers to keep up.

Not sold on the proc, but then I despise RNG of any type (even armor) unless it's something that is stackable (e.g. every hit get 15 AP, stacks 20 times, cuz I know I'll hit).
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

ok so its not just me who thinks its good for something. well i guess if the thing ever actually drops i won't have much competition for it lol.

As I mentioned, I'm sure the other tanks are falling into the "EHP = Stamina" trap. It doesn't. There's a lot more that factors into EHP than Stamina, and Armor is a big part of it.

This trinket is superb. The 271 version may be a little bit inferior to 264 UO, but it's still damn good. And of course, the 284 version is... well, I hate to use the term "BiS" when related to tank gear, but it's pretty much BiS for dealing with physical damage.

Imo that trinket works(tbh im thinking of the heroic version, rather than normal), it just works, as long as you have the rest of your gear, completely top end, so that the small dip in HP isn't so crippling. Its even better for the DK's and palas imo as they already get other bonuses at sub 35% hp, making them even more hardy at low HP's, thats not to say that they should get it over warriors or druids, its great for them too, and if you have the chance to get it, do so.

Use when you think you might need it, it aint just pure physical fights its good for, think of the bosses that have a huge magical attack, that takes away like 80% of your hp, the very next melle attack usually kills you, well this little trinket lowers that chance( i have actually considered pairing the corpse tongue coin with this for double protection at sub 35% hp, but i dont think thats a great idea) the heroic version gives about 850 dodge, thats a crazy amount of dodge, and when it procs you looking at about an extra 13% dodge or so (maybe even more i think).
    "Gnoma Brasi sleeps withs the murlocs"

Quote Originally Posted by Harmacy View Post
    This trinket is superb. The 271 version may be a little bit inferior to 264 UO, but it's still damn good. And of course, the 284 version is... well, I hate to use the term "BiS" when related to tank gear, but it's pretty much BiS for dealing with physical damage.
    Slow incoming damage fight it probably is. I'd still love me a 264 UO on fast swing timer fights though
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Honestly, I would take it even without the proc, as mentioned earlier, it's gravy.

In order of preference
    PTS Heroic
    UO Heroic
    PTS
    UO
    GoI

I would be happy to wear any of those 5 any day of the week (even the non heroic versions), simply for the armor.

If you're someone like me who's never had UO or the sindi trinket drop, it's a great trinket, better than glyph naturally and better EH than satrinas. The armor is huge, enough to drive me ragestarved on trash.

but yeah, the proc is meh even though the dodge provided is huge

It's one of the top EH trinkets in the game without the proc. That should say all your need to know.
    RIP Stormrage Horde ('05 - '11). Turaylon Horde since 11/11 where there's actually people
    GM of Neolutum (always recruiting, PM me)

better EH than satrinas
    But not better than heroic Satrina's. Also: The proc on Satrina's is worth considering, and I would say it pushes it above this trinket.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    But not better than heroic Satrina's. Also: The proc on Satrina's is worth considering, and I would say it pushes it above this trinket.
    Agreed, the proc on Satrina is drool worthy. A mini LS!

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...Key-Comparison!

Just wrote an in depth comparison. Check it!

+ Reply to Thread