+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ret Pally DPS - Please evaluate and offer suggestions

Ret Pally DPS - Please evaluate and offer suggestions

I do not have a current log, this is the latest I could find, but I do not think my gear has changed at all since:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...?s=5786&e=6006

Laslow is my character. Please take a look and offer some criticism where needed. I'm trying to make my DPS as good as possible with the gear I have.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aran&cn=Laslow

Armory above. It really seems my gear is limited to only being able to upgrade with tokens. We are not doing any hard modes except 10 man lootship currently. Working on 25m LK N.

Thanks in advance all

Moved to HALP!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

My offspec gear is about that level, and after lots of training I managed to do about those amounts of dps.

For normal modes, you are doing fine.
    I'm not an expert, but your rotation seems to have the right ratio of judgement/CS/DS, so I don't see any glaring mistakes there.

I'd change the gear pieces with arp - it's not a great stat for us paladins, you have quite a bit too much hit, and could lose a few points of expertise. If you are interested in min/maxing, your blue gem should be in your hat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

A few things I see upon initial inspection:

Tier 10 gloves, get rid of them and get the gloves from Festergut on 25 man, those are Best in Slot.
    Change your current helm for the Tier 10 piece so you keep your 4 set bonus.

Yellow sockets on your rings should be gemmed for strength/crit, you should try and match the socket bonus for those pieces. You have an exuberant amount of hit rating, you only need 268 to stay above cap and your belt and bracers will certainly be the cause of that. The Sindragosa 25 man belt is BIS, if not then the Vengeful Noose from badges is actually 3rd best overall (2nd if you are a non heroic raider), the plate belt really doesn't do much for you in terms of overall value, while you get 3% crit from the leather belt plus haste, two far more beneficial stats, though you lose some strength overall. You need the Gunship's Polar Bear Claw Bracers (either regular or heroic) as well, otherwise your gear should be OK, though if you do heroic 10 ICC get the cloak from the Gunship and enchant it with haste, the haste cloak enchant is superior to the agility for Ret because you are effectively getting far less crit then is really needed and your swing speed + global cool down reduction is better then basically .5% crit.

Change your talent tree too. You should be specced 11/5/55, Eye for an Eye, Vindication and Divine Purpose are PvP spells. The 11 points in Holy should be in Seals of the Pure, Divine Intellect and Aura Mastery. Otherwise you should be using the same rotation pointed out on Elitist Jerks with a 4 set Tier 10. Otherwise your DPS seems fine, you can't do much more with the gear you currently have.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Change your talent tree too. You should be specced 11/5/55, Eye for an Eye, Vindication and Divine Purpose are PvP spells. The 11 points in Holy should be in Seals of the Pure, Divine Intellect and Aura Mastery. Otherwise you should be using the same rotation pointed out on Elitist Jerks with a 4 set Tier 10. Otherwise your DPS seems fine, you can't do much more with the gear you currently have.
    Vindication is a tank talent/debuff equivalent to a fully buffed Demo Shout, not a pure PvP talent.

I agree that Aura Mastery is typically a more sensible choice for Ret, though.

Yes, you generally don't need Vindication unless you don't have a tank doing similar debuffs, I believe Demoralizing Shout/Roar are similar abilities.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

Yes, you generally don't need Vindication unless you don't have a tank doing similar debuffs, I believe Demoralizing Shout/Roar are similar abilities.
    I actually spoke with Lore regarding our ret paladin picking this up. Vindication has a hidden melee swing to determine whether or not the debuff is applied to the target, which can proc Bryntroll, Tiny Abom, and Shadowmourne. So picking up Vindication is a dps increase for paladins with Tiny Abom.

Thanks guys, I will definitely look into everything mentioned here!!

Here is a log from tonights raid for your inspection.

Again, any and all help is appreciated, I just want to do the absolute best job I can.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...um/damageDone/

A The Sindragosa 25 man belt is BIS ..........cloak from the Gunship and enchant it with haste, the haste cloak enchant is superior to the agility for Ret because you are effectively getting far less crit then is really needed and your swing speed + global cool down reduction is better then basically .5% crit.
    Small correction, that belt is from dreamwalker, not Sindy. Many will have an easier time getting DW down on 25 making it more "accessible" than if it dropped from Sindy.

Secondly, the EJ ret pally thread (http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t68951-r...updated_3_3_a/) still lists Agility to Cloak as being better than Haste, do you have a link to some numbers showing haste to be better?

+ Reply to Thread