+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What gems/enchants should I get?

What gems/enchants should I get?

I'm pretty decent at tanking, still fairly new to it though and I'd like to know what the best gems/enchants are to get
    Here's my char---

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ver&cn=Holesto

thanks in advance!

Aggathon's Prot War guide has a good section on gemming and enchants: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-Tanking-Guide

Scroll down to sections 3 and 4, and replace the word "Warrior" with "Paladin" and you're good to go :-P

Why do you have glyph of holy light? Get Glyph of Divine plea, Glyph of Corruption/vengence, Sense Undead atleast. Hammer of righteousness if you feel you could use a little more AOE support.

a bit of gear/gems/glyphs changed on him, armory hasn't updated it yet sorry!

Digren's guide to gems and enchants on maintankadin is what you want:

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...rb_v=viewtopic

In your main tank set, your two priorities are, in order: (a) uncrittability; (b) stack effective health (i.e. stamina, armor where you can get it).

You don't want hit on gems in your main tank set, but as you develop you may start to create a "threat set" where you get gear that hit caps you. Parry is generally worse for avoidance for us than agility and even then you don't want agility on gems unless the socket bonus is good.

Bascially, slot pure stamina in most sockets. Use mixed +stamina/agility gems and +stamina/defence gems where you want to get socket bonuses (tanks differ on whether this is +6, +9 or +12 stramina, with the threshhold typically rising with the tank's gear) or you need the defence for uncrit.

When starting out, enchants are efficient ways of getting defence but you will change these as you gear up (getting more defence from gear, so freeing up enchants for effective health). Don't forget resilience can contribute to uncrit (PVP shoulder enchant, I am looking at you).

Digren and I have differed more in the past, he's cleaned up his guide a lot, but there are a few minor points I just don't agree with him on, especially agi to cloak enchants. They really just ARE NOT THAT GOOD (for pallies/warriors). Enchant your cloak with 225 armor, otherwise his guide is pretty good, the only main difference between warriors and pallies is that pallies typically pick up PoJ and that is both better and doesn't stack with the runspeed from Tuskarr's Vitality, so for the boot enchant go with 22 stam if you're a pally.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

+ Reply to Thread