+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury dps warrior looking for help on dps

Fury dps warrior looking for help on dps

My dps is about 6k in ICC, however i see other fury warriors who can do 8-9k dps in ICC, and i have better gear than some of them, i was hoping i could get some advice on how to go better dps, especially for ICC bosses

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Bloodfortune

I also have a trinket called banner of victory which i may replace with "needle-encrusted scorpion".
    Here is the link to my new trincket

http://www.wowhead.com/item=47214/banner-of-victory

Can you tell me if this is a good decision to make?

I forgot to add my rotation is , Bloodthirst, whirlwind,cleave if im fighting adds, and heroic strike if i am in single target combat, and slam whenever it is instant

You're currently well over Expertise cap. You might consider replacing your current cloak with Recovered Scarlet Onslaught Cape. You could also replace your Rotface ring with something that doesn't have Expertise and still be above cap.

Switch your Ashen Verdict ring to the Agi version, it should gain you more DPS.

You would also benefit from switching trinkets, as you mentioned. Currently your passive ArP is high enough, much of the NES proc is going to waste. Using Banner of Victory will get you closer to 100% passive ArP

When you can, aim for getting 4-piece T10 as well. Keep Gatecrashers' Gauntlets, and pick up the Helm and Chest.

Try using Landsoul's spreadsheet to see where you could make some easy gear improvements. Not all +Str gear is superior to +Agi alternatives

I downloaded landsouls spreadsheet and read the instructions but i still do not know the first thing i should do with the spreadsheet,, can someone please be kind enough to tell me what i can do with the spreadsheet and how to use it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by melevolent View Post
    I downloaded landsouls spreadsheet and read the instructions but i still do not know the first thing i should do with the spreadsheet,, can someone please be kind enough to tell me what i can do with the spreadsheet and how to use it correctly.
    There is a guide that teaches you how to use it in the DPS section of the forums, its also in my signature

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

I read your guide and now i have my characters information put into the spreadsheet, before now i never knew if getting better gear would help me do better dps, now i know if it does or does not, i have a lot of work to do on my character now, thanks for helping and thanks for posting that guide

1. Bryntroll is brining you down. A second blade of culling or battered hilt agi/arp blade would be superior here. The lack of stats make it a DPS loss as you appropach the ArP cap.

2. More long term, T.251 helm for ArP, Agilty Belt (noose something), and Crafted 264 pants should put you at ~1400 ArP. You'll lose a little in other stats, but should more than make up for it.

3. I wouldn't recommend swapping out Banner for NES. I'd go with the upgrades in #2. However if you do, you'll be at about 1000 ArP, which is about the spot where NES starts to lose it's value as I understand because you lose a lot of stats (on proc you'd 'lose' 260+ ArP stats since you'd be at nearly 1700 ArP and only 1400 can be used). Given it's proc rate, I think NES wouldn't help you much.

4. I'm assuming you're using Recklesness and Deathwish? Using Endless Rage, and if you're thinking about it, Pot of Indestruct (3500 armor for 20 minutes works out to just under 100 AP buff for those 2 minutes with 3/3 AttT)

5. Professions - Enchanting I'd recommend againt, switch to JC. It would be like getting 2 extra gem slots with the 3 +34 gems instead of the +20 ems. Mining is a money maker, so it may help you in other ways, butthe extra stamina isn't helping DPS. Blacksmithing would offer 2 more gem slots. So that's 82 stats (str or ArP) you could gain from your professions alone.

6. enchanting - Cloak needs enchant, both weps should have Beserking from what I understand, Gloves need enchants.

7. this might be radical, but if you're trying to hit the ArP passive cap, the 245 triump agility ring instead of the Rep Ring? throw the +hit enchants on your feet, hands, and head. You lose a little crit and some AP but gain the hit you give up on the ring and get more ArP out of it. Dunno.... that might just be crazy talk.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post
    <snip>
    4. I'm assuming you're using Recklesness and Deathwish? Using Endless Rage, and if you're thinking about it, Pot of Indestruct (3500 armor for 20 minutes works out to just under 100 AP buff for those 2 minutes with 3/3 AttT)
    You're better off using a Potion of Wild Magic or (almost certainly better) a Potion of Speed. Armor pots are for tanks.

5. Professions - Enchanting I'd recommend againt, switch to JC. It would be like getting 2 extra gem slots with the 3 +34 gems instead of the +20 ems. Mining is a money maker, so it may help you in other ways, butthe extra stamina isn't helping DPS. Blacksmithing would offer 2 more gem slots. So that's 82 stats (str or ArP) you could gain from your professions alone.
    Eh, professions are largely not worth...oh he's not capped, or even very far along...JC and/or Engineering instead of enchanting. Blacksmithing isn't terrible either (2 extra sockets), also 14x3 = 42, not 82...oh you're including BS too. NM then.

6. enchanting - Cloak needs enchant, both weps should have Beserking from what I understand, Gloves need enchants.

7. this might be radical, but if you're trying to hit the ArP passive cap, the 245 triump agility ring instead of the Rep Ring? throw the +hit enchants on your feet, hands, and head. You lose a little crit and some AP but gain the hit you give up on the ring and get more ArP out of it. Dunno.... that might just be crazy talk.
    Ideally you'd have both berserking, but 110 ap in the offhand is not really a big deal...they're not too far apart.

As for #7, no. Get ArP elsewhere. Ditching a 268 (eventually 277) ring for a 245 is not worth it...it's only 50 arp, and you'd have to get that hit back anyway...which would mean making it up in gems that you could have been gemming ArP...definitely a net loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    You're better off using a Potion of Wild Magic or (almost certainly better) a Potion of Speed. Armor pots are for tanks.
    Pot of Idestruct =3500 armor for 2 minutes = AttT 3/3 = 32.407*3 = 97.222 attack power for 2 minutes. Pre-pot and fight pot and you've got nearly 4 minutes of 97 AP bonus over 15, maybe 30 seconds of crit buff which may not even be used (if your swing crits based on your base crit instead of the 200 bonus).

Eh, professions are largely not worth...oh he's not capped, or even very far along...JC and/or Engineering instead of enchanting. Blacksmithing isn't terrible either (2 extra sockets), also 14x3 = 42, not 82...oh you're including BS too. NM then.
    Yeah - 14*3 = 42 + 2x20 = 42+40 = 82 from Blacksmithing and JC. 82 Arp = a blade of culling, or ~5.8% of the total ArP needed to be passively capped. Versus AP bonuses from enchanting or stamina from mining.

Ideally you'd have both berserking, but 110 ap in the offhand is not really a big deal...they're not too far apart.
    I wondered about this as I was typing it. Only white and WW would activate Beserking, wouldn't they?

As for #7, no. Get ArP elsewhere. Ditching a 268 (eventually 277) ring for a 245 is not worth it...it's only 50 arp, and you'd have to get that hit back anyway...which would mean making it up in gems that you could have been gemming ArP...definitely a net loss.
    Except you don't have to make it up in gems. 12 hit 12 crit from feet at the cost of 32 AP. 20 hit on hands at the cost of 40 AP. Then for the head you give up 16 AP and 20 crit for 16 hit. That's 48 hit right there.

I know it's not ideal, and I didn't state it well, but this last one was supposed to be more of a band-aid until other gear could be upgraded to allow the most optimal enchanting again. 32 crit and 88 AP for the last 50 or so ArP needed to hit 1360 so you can passive cap with food would seem to be a good tempory trade off, and then go back as you get more passive ArP on gear and can afford gems or other going back to the 277 ring.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Are you srs? 2 x Armor pots are the best for fury warrior until you are well into 277 gear where speed pot becomes a bit better

Eh, professions are largely not worth...
    Professions are well worth the benefit you get out of them. JC/BS is the best combo.

2 x berserking is the best option as you can have a separate proc's from MH and OH.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/gabbu/advanced

+ Reply to Thread