+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Having some threat issues - DK tank HM ICC25

Having some threat issues - DK tank HM ICC25

I'm having a bit of threat issues, fairly well geared tanking 9/12 hm icc25 but on some fights threat just isn't nearly enough to hold off the mages/locks :/

Parse: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...1n/details/27/

Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...hul&cn=Balkoth

I have a handful of other pieces I alternate between this is my character stats in the gear I was using exported from RAWR.

Character: Balkoth@US-Ner'zhul
    Race: Troll

Miss: 9.22%
    Dodge: 29.72%
    Parry: 21.69%
    Armor Damage Reduction: 68.02%
    Magic Damage Reduction: 0.00%
    Total Avoidance: 60.63%

Burst Time: 31.6 sec
    Reaction Time: 5.9 sec
    Health: 47126
    Armor: 35369
    Strength: 1723
    Agility: 136
    Stamina: 3891
    Hit Rating: 314
    Haste Rating: 0
    Crit Rating: 104
    Physical Crit: 12.63
    Expertise: 16
    Attack Power: 8313
    Armor Penetration: 5.00%
    Armor Penetration Rating: 0
    DPS: 0

Rotation Time: 18.00 sec
    Total Threat: 0
    RS Limited: none
    Blood: 0
    Frost: 0
    Unholy: 0
    Death: 0
    Runic Power: 0
    Overall Points: 440742.3
    Mitigation Points: 70173.8
    Survival Points: 143026.2
    Threat Points: 17020.8

Crit: 0.00
    Defense: 545
    Resilience: 15
    Defense Rating: 595
    Defense Rating needed: -44
    Target Miss: 0.0%
    Target Dodge: 2.5%
    Target Parry: 10.0%
    Threat: 17020.8
    Overall: 440742.3

Modified Survival: 143026.2
    Modified Mitigation: 280695.3
    Modified Threat: 17020.8

I know the armor to damage reduction for it isn't 100% accurate at least not according to my in-game character sheet but its a an easy way to show overall stats.

If you need anymore information or anything just let me know, I'm pretty well versed in mechanics and never had any real issues with threat till now :/

if you have 10-12k TPS (see it on Omen) unassisted by rogues/hunters, then you can't really squeeze out much more.
    You will need trix, misdirects etc...in order to go beyond this. That's just how the raids are tuned, and it assumes there will be external threat generation working for you in a 25 man from the rogues/hunters.

Fake edit

Your rogues have been trixing each other a lot.
    Across all tries, the druid tank has gotten 45 trix, you have gotten 5 (the amount of trix cast seems to be 253 across all tries).
    2 of your 3 hunters are trading misdirects or are misdirecting on themselves (? huh). The 3'rd hunter is barely using his. I may not be reading the logs properly, but none of the DK's have Misdirection listed as a gained buff (if that's not how misdirects works or doesn't show on target buff, then ignore this, but do /slap Boac).

In any case, there's some fishy stuff going on in here
    Last edited by Timberton; 08-11-2010 at 05:12 AM.

yeah, I was thinking it was something external or something like that; I pull average 10k tps without trix/misdirects but I'm not expertise capped so I might be able to pull out 12k if I was since it seams everytime I need to refresh blood plague PS gets parried or dodged.

Your rogues/hunters need to be using their trix/misdirects on cooldown in that case.

Rogues with 2xT10 bonus already [should] have trix implemented in their rotation, they just need to target the tank instead of trading between them.
    Hunters..donno', but if threat is a issue they should misdirect heavily too.

yeah, I'll mention it; its usually only the initial burst of all the procs and everything I have trouble with anything else not really.

+ Reply to Thread