+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low dps

Low dps

afflic warlock armory:http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ion&cn=Manteia i have problem with my dps with this gear i know i must do more than 6 k but my dps is low help me plz

it helps if you can give us a log of your dps, so we can better see what spells your casting/etc. for now Moved to HALP! since this is an armory link thread.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Affli is not everyone's cup of tea. The rotation is tight, and the dot clipping issues can have a large [negative] impact on your dps. Also in 25 mans you can run the risk of hitting the debuff limit in certain raid setups, and having your dots simply fall off.

You could go destro, the rotation will be easier to maintain and you'll get better results overall, especially when you need to quickly ramp up the damage. As you know, affliction has a slower dps ramp up until you unload your DoT's.

Just be sure to spec into improved soul leech.

My 2 copper

Quote Originally Posted by Timberton View Post
    Affli is not everyone's cup of tea. The rotation is tight, and the dot clipping issues can have a large [negative] impact on your dps. Also in 25 mans you can run the risk of hitting the debuff limit in certain raid setups, and having your dots simply fall off.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...30050430&sid=1
    The debuff limit was effectively removed in Wrath of the Lich King. There is a limit to how many debuffs you can see at once, but the actual limit of debuffs is high enough that it is currently unknown. It was likely just set to an datatype limitation of a standard 32 bit integer, since the index variable of the aura is actually this datatype. Since even a 40 man raid of affliction warlocks is unlikely to hit the 2 billion mark for debuffs, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If that is the case, the entire population of the server combined could not actually reach the limit.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 08-12-2010 at 09:48 AM.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

So the entirety of the advice in this thread is "go destro". Peachy.

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t37900-d.../#Common_specs
    Try this. Spec according to his talent rundown - one that he deems very important is speccing your felpuppy (Improved Felhunter, if you want to be all dry and use the proper name for the talent).

You also should be gemming to more socket bonuses with haste and spirit, given how much you get from the two stats.

But yeah, what Kaz said. Bring us a log, or at the very least describe your cast rotation/priority system. I know that having a poor DoT uptime or, even worse, clipping your DoTs is going to kill your DPS.

Sorry, I don't play a warlock so I didn't have any advice to offer other than to correct the incorrect information provided.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    The debuff limit was effectively removed in Wrath of the Lich King.
    Well, news to me. Didn't play affliction since BC ended, after which I switched to demo/destro for wotlk and didn't look back.
    I /have/ met afflictionists in HC's and a few raids, and they have eighter underperformed or were under destro performance.

Since BC the affliction rotation changed, but the underlying principle is the same. And It requires extra attention and concentration to make it tick (pun intended) properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberton View Post
    I /have/ met afflictionists in HC's and a few raids, and they have eighter underperformed or were under destro performance.
    For most boss encounters, affliction will generally be the best damage. However, for fights like dreamwalker destro will pull ahead due to the short time-to-live of most of the mobs not allowing afflic to build up dots and have them run their course. For the same reson destro can look better in heroics. Also, if you're raid is caster heavy, demo will still provide a decent personal dps while giving all the other raid casters a boost.

Affliction is the most difficult warlock spec to play well, so don't be surprised if you see warlocks who are specced affliction not doing well. It's not that the spec is inferior to destro or demo, it's more likely that those players' aren't executing the rotation well.

I've seen all three specs played well and they can all do good damage and be competitive, but for most encounters afflic will have the edge, followed by destro, with demo being the "lowest" personal dps, but again not by a huge margin.

+ Reply to Thread