+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury DPS -- Mainhand vs Offhand?

Fury DPS -- Mainhand vs Offhand?

I am sure this has probably been covered in different places but I can't remember where so I thought I would ask here with reference to my particular gear =)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Squirrelnut

How should one determine which weapon to use for Mainhand versus Offhand? I would expect things to consider would include:
    • Damage
    • Swing Speed
    • Expertise?
    I am an Orc Warrior and I have Shadows Edge and Glorenzelg. Which should be Main Hand and which Off-hand? Glorenzelg does more damage but Shadow's edge has a slower swing speed and takes advantage of my Orc racial.

OH for fury is primarily a stat stick (because the only attack which uses OH is WW). The higher weapon dmg weapon (typically a slower weapon if both are same ilvl) should go to the MH as the weapon based attacks (WW, Slam) uses MH wep.

Although I would double check the spreadsheet but taking a guess glorenzo should be MH but that will put you under expertise cap which can be easily fixed by hand and wrist enchants. Also remember not being expertise cap on a OH is no big deal.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/gabbu/advanced

Next question, is expertise cap calculated on an individual weapon basis or just your MH? For example right now I am using Shadows Edge main hand because I benefit from my Orc racial to put me over 26 expertise (28 to be exact). Landsoul's spreadsheet only has 1 expertise # so it thinks I am better off using Shadows Edge in my MH with a 31 dps advantage over switching hands with Glorenzo since if I switch it drops me to 23 expertise.

The other question is swing speed, Shadows Edge is slightly slower then Glorenzo but Glorenzo does more damage...

Recommendations? If I go purely off Landsoul's spreadsheet then I would continue to use Shadows Edge in my MH and Glorenzo offhand but that seems backwards to use the higher damage weapon in your offhand.

I'm pretty sure expertise is calculated separately. When dual-wielding, for expertise it should show two numbers (e.g. 26/26). Those numbers won't be identical if you have a racial bonus applied to one weapon and not the other.

Expertise on your gear, even when on a weapon, is applied to both hands. afaik only a racial bonus can "unbalance" your expertise.

afaik only a racial bonus can "unbalance" your expertise.
    Same here. I've only ever seen different numbers based on racial bonuses.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Why would Landsoul's spreadsheet only have one field for expertise then? You would think if it is created for Warriors and it has a Fury section he would have included two expertise areas for MH/OH

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelnut View Post
    Why would Landsoul's spreadsheet only have one field for expertise then? You would think if it is created for Warriors and it has a Fury section he would have included two expertise areas for MH/OH
    At a guess, it's assuming one of two (or maybe both) things:

1) You only care about expertise soft-capping your main hand, since it does most of the "work"
    2) Since having your MH expertise soft-capped is most important, your offhand being under or over-cap is not greatly significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelnut View Post
    The answer is the same as the other question you asked, OH for fury is generally considered stat sticks as we dont have many attacks which hit with both weps like other DW classes. Thus expertise capping OH is not really important and not worth it if your MH is expertise capped.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/gabbu/advanced

+ Reply to Thread