+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ret: Seal of Righteousness value

Ret: Seal of Righteousness value

What is the value of this seal for boss fights like Professor Putricide where you are constantly switching targets and moving around as melee. Since it takes a bit of time to build stacks on the slimes or on the Blood Princes where you have to move away from the Shock Vortexes constantly, making it harder to keep the stacks of Seal of Corruption up. Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated. I am going to try it out and see whether it holds more DPS value then Seal of Corruption for the first two phases of Putricide.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

I know it's used for PvP fairly often, however I have a difficult time believing it'd be better without glyphing it, and even if you did you'd lose the 10 expertise from not using Corruption...which for my ret at least would drop me below the dodge cap (by a bit).

Sketchy, imo, without actually doing any math. And in either case you'd probably need to carry stacks of glyphs around to toggle back and forth.

OK, I did a little napkin math based on your character and it looks like if you NEVER get your stack to 5 then SoR is better (even unglyphed, it looks like). SoR does about 10% less per hit (though it's a direct damage instead of a dot, which is nice and the glyph would about even this out), but your harder hitting judgement will more than make up for it...it looks like it's somewhere between 40 and 50% harder hitting by default (no Blood Corruption stacks).

Once Seal of Corruption gets to 5 stacks though it absolutely crushes SoR. The judgement will hit harder than SoR's, the dot already did more damage and the 33% weapon damage proc per swing is just is icing on the cake (sweet sweet icing).

Unless there's some mechanic I'm missing.

Well I should be able to get naturally expertise capped without the glyph. I know Ret's BIS states Might of Blight heroic is the best ring for me but since I am not at that point yet, I am going to go for heroic Skeleton Lord's Circle which would give me the natural expertise cap, so I can either choose to glyph for 50% exorcism damage or I can go for SoR and get 10% damage from that, which I think would be more beneficial since I don`t use Exorcism every CD like some people do. Yet I think in terms of movement fights SoR will give me more DPS then SoC would.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

The math for the vengeance glyph is tricky - you should convert the expertise gained into strength and see how much it is and then add in the fact that you can use the exorcism glyph.

Command should do more seal damage, but righteousness has a stronger judgement. Once you are stacked to five, Corruption is the strongest by far. Since Corruption's dot keeps on ticking for a while after swapping to the adds, that makes corruption slightly harder to calculate.

Honestly, I think that Corruption wins out - the power of the glyph combined should outweigh the dot stacking time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

That's what I'm saying wrt the dot vs SoR's direct damage...they're pretty close (and if you glyph it it's basically identical). Dot ticking when you switch vs just the damage from SoR isn't really an issue...you've already done the damage w/SoR, it just ticks off w/corruption.

With WF/Imp IT it will take you about 13 seconds to stack up 5, which would be used on your third (assuming one at 0) judgement and every white swing after that (the next of which would occur right before your third judgement at roughly 16 or so). So if you're on a mob for >= 16 seconds (your third judgement on it, assuming you judge it at time = 0) Seal of Corruption is much better, significantly less than that and SoR is nominally better.

Dunno if it's worth the hassle though.

hi Ion,..thanks for this nice discussion,,,its useful,..

+ Reply to Thread