+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What the heck is wrong with my DPS?! / FURY WARRIOR

What the heck is wrong with my DPS?! / FURY WARRIOR

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/acgx68pcfmi496ub/
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...arius&cn=Vurux
    BT<WW<HEROIC STRIKE< instant slam< dont delay BT or WW by half a second

Your heroic strike hit more than any other attack on sindra 25 normal.... are you sure you aren't delaying BT/WW through rage starvation?

Your slam! usage also seems abysmally low.

To put it simply, your WW is too low and so are your slam!s. Boorman easily doubled yours (hits for WW/Slam!) for that fight, and did 3K more damage. Either you got unlucky with frost tombs, or need to practice your rotation.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Yeh its heroic but yeh i got frost tombed about 2 times. But boor also has smourne

In fairness Boormann is in 277's (including 277 DBW) and has a Shadowmourne...a lot of the DPS difference is gear.

That is a bad fight to compare as RNG, tombs and cleave spamming multiple tombs skews numbers a ton. Just go off of Saurfang and Festergut numbers to review logs on ability usage.

EDIT: and your trinket makes puppies cry

...a lot of the DPS difference is gear
    Gear does not accout for ability usage hits, only DPS numbers.

That is a bad fight to compare as RNG, tombs and cleave spamming multiple tombs skews numbers a ton. Just go off of Saurfang and Festergut numbers to review logs on ability usage.
    This is true, and the numbers will change based on how lucky you are for Sindra/LK/PP. Saurfang/Fester would be much better.

I see, Just my I didnt really spam Cleave because Im a trial dont want to get killed or anything like that lol.. I think i my slam proc alert is off.. How do yous setup Power auras

How do yous setup Power auras
    I don't, I use MSBT to audibly alert me when slam! procs. I also use Classtimers to show me how much longer I have on the proc. I could configure SBF to do that as well, but I'm lazy.

I went and looked at DBS, which is a much more stand-and-deliver fight. Their slams and WW's were closer (in fact Vurux did more WW's).

You are a bit under the hit cap, but it's only 6 (I'd still go with icewalker, but it's extremely minor, you didn't miss on DBS).

Honestly, you didn't really do badly. He got a good start and a good finish...3.6k difference DOES seem like a lot, but a legendary is hard to beat. I don't see anything particularly wrong...dunno what to say other than "get a legendary".

During DBS I didnt have Coldwraith Links, or my Heroic Cryptmaker and my bow, I'm investing my Frost Emblems into War Token would that even be worth it?

http://www.vodka-guild.net/landsoul/

Plug it in and find out (probably, yes).

Festergut Parse Review

General Info:
    Fight Time: 222 seconds
    Glyphed WW cooldown: 8 seconds
    BT cooldown: 4 seconds
    So if you didn't push back any of your rotation for instant slams in a perfect world you would have done 27 WW and 55 BT, however that isn't the optimal rotation since instant slams are worth pushing things back by .5 seconds to fit in your slams:

You: (in order of damage done abilities) 10,570 DPS
    Bloodthirst: 17 hit, 33 crit = 50 total
    Heroic Strike: 32 hit, 35 crit = 67 total
    Melee: 16 hit, 42 crit, 3 miss = 61 total
    Deep Wounds
    Whirlwind: 16 hit, 9 crit (MH) and 10 hit, 15 crit (OH) = about 25 WWs total
    Slam (instant): 6 hit, 9 crit = 15 total
    Slam (slow lol): 1 crit = 1 total

Boormann: (in order of damage done abilities) 15,702 DPS
    Heroic Strike: 29 hit, 53 crit = 82 total
    Bloodthirst: 18 hit, 29 crit = 47 total
    Melee: 15 hit 55 crit = 70 total
    Slam (instant): 9 hit, 16 crit = 25 total
    Whirlwind: 7 hit, 16 crit (MH) and 13 hit, 11 crit (OH) = about 24 WW's total
    Cleave: 1 crit = 1 total

Comparison:
    Heroic Strike: You vs Him = (67:82) -15. Your average heroic strike damage was about 8726. Your average melee swing was about 4303 which means doing a melee swing vs a heroic strike you lose about 4423 damage each.
    BT: You vs Him = (50:47) +3
    Melee: You vs Him = (61:70) -9
    WW: You vs Him = (25:24) +1
    Slam (instant: You vs Him = (15:25) -10. Your average slam hit for about 8881 damage so you missed out on about 88,810 damage if you had a similar number of Bloodsurge procs as him.

So essentially you didn't do enough Heroic Strike and you missed too many Bloodsurge instant slam procs (and did 1 regular slam lol). Make sure you overlap cooldowns, speed potions, bloodlust, etc and GET A GOOD BLOODSURGE SLAM PROC NOTIFICATION ADDON!! I Prefer MSBT for sound notification and SatrinaBuffFrame bar for visual notification of time to use.
    Last edited by Squirrelnut; 08-09-2010 at 11:33 AM.

I have my heroic strike binded to my Scrolling on my mouse is that wise say if i have my mouse over in a random spot and not on a boss?

That can be fine as long as you can press everything else for your GCD based rotation. Heroic Strike should be spammed separately based entirely on your rage scenario and should never interfere with your other abilities.

Yes, the scroll wheel will just cue HS if it is binded. This is common practice.

The Slam!s seem to be your big issue. I also agree about the legendary, on LK it did about 70k damage over the course of the fight.... That's a TON of damage from a proc. So don't worry too much about that, worry more about nailing those Slam! procs.

Unfortunately, I have a mac and Landsoul doesn't have macro capability with Office for mac

+ Reply to Thread