+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This Week in Warcraft

This Week in Warcraft

http://www.wow-europe.com/rf10/ WoW 2010 Invitational Website
    http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....sid=1&pageNo=1 Cataclysm Preview: Southern Barrens

Sweet, I'm looking forward to the item reforging aspects. As well as im curios as to see what they do with Ysera. And how did you people convince a hot girl to do a weekly web show? Mysterious...

Quote Originally Posted by Deldaris View Post
    Sweet, I'm looking forward to the item reforging aspects. As well as im curios as to see what they do with Ysera. And how did you people convince a hot girl to do a weekly web show? Mysterious...
    O_o

And how did you people convince a hot girl to do a weekly web show? Mysterious...
    If I had to hazard a guess..... it is likely by AVOIDING comments like this. o_O
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Wai...uh..wha? Oh. 7 posts. Must be new. Okay, move on.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Anyone who's familiar with Guild Wars has experienced this just-in-time downloading of the game. If implemented correctly, it's actually pretty fantastic. There's typically an option to force a complete download as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Anyone who's familiar with Guild Wars has experienced this just-in-time downloading of the game. If implemented correctly, it's actually pretty fantastic. There's typically an option to force a complete download as well.
    I recently started playing Guild Wars, and I find having to wait for the area to download every time you go to a new one very frustrating, as it usually takes around 3 to 4 minutes for me.

It's a tradeoff of course, but it means that your game is playable without having to download gigabytes of data you may or may not need right away. On GuildWars patch days specifically, there are usually a few megabytes of required data to download, and you're ready to play. It translates into less stress on the servers, less lag and less downtime.

Just recall the time it takes to do a brand new installation of Wow. With just-in-time, you could be playing within probably half an hour, and downloading content in the background, as you explore new areas.

Guild Wars' method is not perfect I agree, as it's all instanced, and you don't download until you actually hit the area. If you prefer the old method of downloading the entire, just locate your shortcut, and add the parameter: "gw.exe -image". This will download the entire 4.5GB+ game.

Is there a way to get an audio only version of these reports like it was many ages ago?

I've never had a good experience with live updates on any of the games I have played that used them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldaris View Post
    As well as im curios as to see what they do with Ysera.
    Druids will channel green beams on Ysera... and Ysera will begin to cast her 604,800 second spell to instantly defeat Deathwing. Sadly since the server goes down for maintenance every week she will never complete this 7 day cast. Now had they given Druids Time Warp instead of Mages, she could finish the spell before the server goes down. Alas it will probably be up to some crazy group of 10 or 25 adventurers to kill Deathwing instead.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

And how did you people convince a hot girl to do a weekly web show? Mysterious...
    Welcome to the "mysterious" world of the grown-ups!
    Last edited by Xebu; 08-10-2010 at 01:52 AM. Reason: fail at quoting

Quote Originally Posted by Terae View Post
    I recently started playing Guild Wars, and I find having to wait for the area to download every time you go to a new one very frustrating, as it usually takes around 3 to 4 minutes for me.
    I don't understand how people can complain about a feature like this. If you rather wait for the complete download, you CAN do it. Or you can log-in to an uncomplete game and chat with your guildies or check your mail while the world finishes downloading. I mean they DO explicitly warn that the performance will be inferior while streaming.

All these weekly videos have inspired me to create one of my own. It will be, "Jerry's Facial Expressions During Raids." From what I can actually consciously remember of the facial expressions I do, it will be filled with some yawns, some laughter, and much eyebrow raising. Perhaps there will also be some head banging and air drums mixed in as well while I sing along to music when people start annoying me or the GM tells us to go into "focus mode." (Focus mode basically means I need to distract myself as to not talk about non-fight related things on vent and 'distract' everyone else from playing their class correctly.)

Now I just need something that's capable of video recording... this could be a while.

Serious question, though. Is the Weekly Marmot still going on as well as this new series? Or is this replacing the Weekly Marmot? Either way, they're both awesome!

the weekly marmot should continue as planned. which is primarily Lore's thing no? :P

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    the weekly marmot should continue as planned. which is primarily Lore's thing no? :P
    Yep, weekly marmot is still 100% a thing

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    Yep, weekly marmot is still 100% a thing
    Just "a thing" hrm? Is it a big thing? Or a small thing? Maybe it's a medium thing.

Things like this should be defined by other things such as the thing of the thing.

Or something.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Quote Originally Posted by Krenian View Post
    Things like this should be defined by other things such as the thing of the thing.
    The Weekly Marmot has that guy in it, you know, the one with the thing, and he does that stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Krenian View Post
    That thing is like this thing, except that thing has that guy where as this thing has this girl.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Yea... that guy with the thing... and the ring!

Kerrigan just crit my Pirate Battle Cruiser for 700k on SC II. What the Hell?
    ....just thought I would chime in with my own useless comment.

Appreciate the WoW update Aliena. TY

+ Reply to Thread