+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how to get an extra 2-3k dps ?

how to get an extra 2-3k dps ?

Thanks to much help from all the great people in these forums I've been able to up my dps in the last 3 months by double!! I thought doing 10k on Saur, Rot and Fester was good until I basically got cussed out ! I was told that for my gear I should do no less than 12k but I've yet to find the way to get there.
    My armory is
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lune&cn=gordoc
    I have the nes in bank as I've reached the 1400 cap thru fully gemming armpen. I also have the polarbear claw bracers in bank as I'm over hitcap. Saurfangs cold forged band has been banked too. I think the rings I currently use are better but I may be wrong.
    Im pretty short on expertise so I use an elixer that gets me to 31-26 expertise for my weaps. Im hoping to get an expertise ring soon so I dont need to use an exiler as it seems to kinda be a waste.
    I use WW>BT> Slam only if procd> spam heroic strike as I always seem to be at or near 100 rage in icc25. Im not sure if thats a good thing either. I do use DW and recklessness when WW and BT are on a bit of a cd.
    I appreciate any help I receive and have no problem taking critisism. It just makes me want to learn and do better!
    Thanks again
    Last edited by vegastjg; 08-06-2010 at 03:45 PM. Reason: put in wrong armory page

Gear looks good, best way to allow people to evaluate issues you may be having is to provide a combat parse. Specifically Festergut or Deathbringer Saurfang are generally best as they provide good benchmarks for your ability usage and damage output.

First thing I notice is you have 101.75% passive ArP... you want to have just over 97% ArP and use armor pen food to bring you up to 100% passive exactly, anything over that is a complete waste. Quickest fix for that right now is to grab some extra socket bonuses such as putting a str/crit gem in your boots. Also I see you currently have hit/crit enchant on your boots, I would highly recomend getting agil/run speed instead as it is very helpful in a lot of fights.

You want to keep your stat basics while getting as much Str/ap and Crit as possible, best way to compare gear/gems/etc is to use Landsoul's spreadsheet It will help you maintain:
    - 97% passive ArP (100% with food)
    - 164+ hit
    - around 26 Expertise (23-26 is fine)

As I mentioned a moment ago in another halp thread, a common issue with new Fury Warriors is not utilizing addons that provide Bloodsurge proc notification for instant slams. Personally I like using MikScrollingBattleText for a sound based proc notification as well as SatrinaBuffFrame with a custom bar just for my instant slam procs that show up right over my character and tells me how many seconds I have to use it. The combination of those two make it easy to utilize instant slams whenever they fit a free GCD without having to think about it or look around so that you can maximize your DPS.

Beyond that basic stuff your best bet is really to upload a combat parse to something like www.worldoflogs.com so that we can see what you could improve on.

EDIT: Oh and although 10k sounds decent it isn't legitimate due to the 30% ICC buff right now so your 10K would only be about 7K without the buff or on something like Halion. Again Landsoul's spreadsheet will tell you what kind of DPS numbers you should be hitting and you can include the 30% buff in the calculation.

Just out of curiosity, why 97%? What's the difference between gemming up to 97% and eating armor pen food, and gemming up to 100% and eating strength food?

Quote Originally Posted by Harmacy View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why 97%? What's the difference between gemming up to 97% and eating armor pen food, and gemming up to 100% and eating strength food?
    Because it's chosen so you can regem yellow slows with str bonuses so you can gain +10str, +10crit, +xStrsocket bonus, instead of just eating str food and gemming ArP. It follows the same principle as 5 stat leather gear vs 4 stat plate. Looking at your gear, right off the bat, I would regem the yellow socket in your belt for the +6 agi, and in your ring for +4 str.

So if we count those gems originally as pure str, since you should be using the 40ArP food, your sacrificing +20str, for +20crit, +6agi, and regaining +4str, so yeah I would say -16str is a justifiable loss to gain +20crit, and +6agi.

Quote Originally Posted by Khilbron View Post
    Because it's chosen so you can regem yellow slows with str bonuses so you can gain +10str, +10crit, +xStrsocket bonus, instead of just eating str food and gemming ArP. It follows the same principle as 5 stat leather gear vs 4 stat plate. Looking at your gear, right off the bat, I would regem the yellow socket in your belt for the +6 agi, and in your ring for +4 str.

So if we count those gems originally as pure str, since you should be using the 40ArP food, your sacrificing +20str, for +20crit, +6agi, and regaining +4str, so yeah I would say -16str is a justifiable loss to gain +20crit, and +6agi.
    Ahhh. That never occurred to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmacy View Post
    Ahhh. That never occurred to me!
    They don't call int "min/maxing" for nothin, that is exactly what you do tryin to get every single stat point you possible can.

+ Reply to Thread