+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is the teir set worth it?

Is the teir set worth it?

Fury warrior here.
    I only get the chance to roll on about 1 sanctified token a week.. so tier 10.5 is not going to happen fast.

The question is - should I try for the 4 set bonus, even if its mostly 251 ilvl? Or do I get the 264 frost badge chest and only go for the 2 set bonus?

I won't pretend to know anything about warrior and their set bonuses, but my experience is that with all the frost emblems we get these days, you should be able to get the 264 chest piece and then if you get the sanctified token get the 251 chest and upgrade it.

Anyways...that's just what I would do

As far as I know... t10 4-piece > everything. Double slam! procs are gold.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

I just got it on my warrior (it's offspec, so it took a while): Yes. Get it.

It was worth about 300 dps to me (outside of icc) replacing same-level-or-better gear to get it.

Also, the best one to skip is the gauntlets (says the guy who has the gauntlets on) because hit is pretty useless to fury and the 264 badge gauntlets are pretty nice. I have the gauntlets for two reasons: 1) I got them in voa (most important reason, really) and 2) I actually don't have much hit gear at all (neck and bracers), so I actually need the hit...if I get some other pieces to replace some hit I'll switch them out for Aldriana's Gloves of Secrecy (until cata anyway, when they'll be useless and they'll have changed HS so hit has more meaning).

So is that consensus? The 4 pc bonus, even if it's all 251 is better then throwing some frost badge 264 chest on top of the 2 pc bonus.

i think it depends on the fight, i say this based off of little math but here are my reasons, the blood surge proc is at best a 20% chance to pop off of HS, bloodsurge and WW, then the gear proc is only a further 20% of bloodsurge procs acually give you the double slam. it does make for a quick change in your (otherwise) normal rotation and it can nicely fill in dead spots.

i have the 4 pc set (264 chest, 251 legs, shoulders and hands) it procs very often in a AOE situation (trash) but on single target fights, im not so sure it procs nearly enough to make up for all the stats you lose by going to more of the 264 items if they are available.

*all of the above is just my opinion and not fact some one with proper numbers feel free to correct me*

I'm wondering the exact same thing as the OP. I have the 251 helm, legs & shoulders and enough frost badges to get the chest. Thing is that I already have the 264 chest and gloves. I also rarely get a chance to get the 264 tier upgrades. Is the 4 piece bonus with only 251 gear good enough to overcome the better stats of the 264 chest?

+ Reply to Thread