+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A new tank wepon enchant

These arguments are what Blizzard wants in their weapon enchants - they've stated pretty clearly that they don't want one enchant to be the best.
    That's why they axed the 75 stam enchant - everyone would just take that.
    Which is stupid, since most often the best enchant is very obvious for a given class or spec. Healers aren't killing themselves to get black magic, for example.

If they want choices, that's fine. But please don't give the illusion that you've given choices to other folks that make any sense at all. For the vast majority of physical dps berserker is king. For the majority of healers spellpower is king. Only tanks get the 'what crappy enchant should I settle for' argument.

Quote Originally Posted by felhoof View Post
    If they want choices, that's fine. But please don't give the illusion that you've given choices to other folks that make any sense at all.
    Yeah, I can agree with the intent, but I just don't see how it can work, unless all weapon enchants are somehow utility enchants (chance on spellcast to temporarily increase run speed by x% for y seconds). Otherwise, it's all mathed up, and the result is "this is better" or "it doesn't matter what you get, it works out the same". You're left with no choice or indifference, which isn't interesting.

Blood draining as a percentage, it's quite pathetic 3 tiers on especially with hardmode gear and the icc buff.
    Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party, this Is something I have missed since nov 08.

Quote Originally Posted by Carighan View Post
    after all how does a weapon offer you extra armor?
    I guess the same way a pair of boots can give you Intelligence.

Tanking Weapon Enchants

I would like to see at least 3 viable tanking weapon enchants designed to fill specific roles.

1.) A new version of Mongoose for Threat Set -- Enchant Weapon for chance on hit to proc +500 Haste & +500 Strength for 10 seconds (only usable on Maces, Swords & Axes -- deactivates while in PvP combat).

2.) A Damage Mitigation for EH/EHP Set -- Enchant Weapon to add +500 Armor & +100 All Resistances (Arcane, Fire, Nature, Frost & Shadow. Only usable on Maces, Swords & Axes -- deactivates while in PvP combat).

3.) A damage Avoidance Enchant for Avoidance set -- Enchant Weapon to Increase Dodge & Parry rating by +50 (passive), with a chance to proc +400 Dodge & parry when taken below 35% of maximum health (only usable on Maces, Swords & Axes -- deactivates while in PvP combat).

Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    I guess the same way a pair of boots can give you Intelligence.
    Hey man, my boots are smart. Leave 'em alone.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorTanks View Post
    I would like to see at least 3 viable tanking weapon enchants designed to fill specific roles.
    ...(only usable on Maces, Swords & Axes -- deactivates while in PvP combat)
    Got to love how you completely left staves and polearms out of those. *cough*

As a druid, I'm fine with nearly anything that is not "good sweet Earthmother, do I really have to hunt materials for YET ANOTHER Mongoose?!" /sigh
    The eternal debate between warrior and druid tanking: the right to bear arms, or the right to arm bears?

I like the whole idea of an activation enchant, personally I would like a blood draining that could store the hp, perhaps up to 40k health. You could then fight let it store up and have it for an instant heal if you dropped low. Sounds OP but depending on the health pools we will have in cata and the amount of health it can store over time I think it would be an awesome enchant, but not completely ridiculous.

A new tank wepon enchant

I would love an enchant for threat like a devastate proc. DD proc with added threat.

Ideally no enchant would be so OP that it deactivates in PvP. I'm a fan of PVE and PVP rules coinciding.

I think a chance to proc avoidance has been overdone... I'd love to see an enchant that procs a de-buff on the target; like less AP, or minus attack speed. Maybe a mini last stand proc, or a HoT proc. There are soo many options that haven't been explored, it would be disappointing to just see improved versions of existing enchants.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by drae View Post
    Ideally no enchant would be so OP that it deactivates in PvP. I'm a fan of PVE and PVP rules coinciding.

I think a chance to proc avoidance has been overdone... I'd love to see an enchant that procs a de-buff on the target; like less AP, or minus attack speed. Maybe a mini last stand proc, or a HoT proc. There are soo many options that haven't been explored, it would be disappointing to just see improved versions of existing enchants.
    thoes are incrredible ideas, i never imagined a chance to proc a debuff on the target. perhaps a "mud in your eye" enchant to lower the hit rating of the target (prmarilly used for a single target enchant) and a AOE style "bumping elbows" where if faced with more than 3 targets you can proc a push back then sheep one one target (wild but unique)

and for the comment about an enchant deactivating from pve vs pvp ive never pvp'd any more than getting ganked over a titanium node but i dont see many of the current enchants being used in a BG any ways.

Re: A new tank wepon enchant

I still love Mongoose.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Possible options for me:
    * rare shield proc (always helpful, guaranteed survival yet RNG, thus no EHP gain) -> would sort of replace Blood Draining
    * Magic resistance or 1% dmg reduction proc (the Blade Ward equivalent)
    * proc with Strength buff (I REALLY miss Crusader)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

AE HoT-proc (2% of total HP over 2s, 15% chance, 15s internal CD, cannot stack with itself even from other people), generates 1000% normal threat.
    SQUEAK.
    --(The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)

Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    Possible options for me:...

* proc with Strength buff (I REALLY miss Crusader)
    a proc strength would be nice but I don't think Blizz would do that be cause of Dk's Fallen crusader,

some have said "good for all 4 tanks" this isn't fully true cause dk's would use a rune like stoneskin which I would think would get a re-do its curently stam Def but with no more defence maybe a stam boost or maybe just have tanks use Fallen cruader self heal and strength

* rare shield proc (always helpful, guaranteed survival yet RNG, thus no EHP gain) -> would sort of replace Blood Draining
    or maybe a life ward repace could work a low percent like 1-2% heal

I think a cool Idea wouldn't be a stam or avoidace buff or a self heal, how about a proc healing recived buff *chance on hit to heal for X and gain <name> increasing all healing recieved by Y*

just my thought

not as good for soloing as a self heal

threat sounds like it won't be as much of a problem in Cata but I don't know I haven't been in the beta
    Last edited by Shico752; 09-16-2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: spelling fail
    I want to be a gnome shaman with mechanical chickens on sticks for totems

Quote Originally Posted by Shico752 View Post
    a proc strength would be nice but I don't think Blizz would do that be cause of Dk's Fallen crusader,

some have said "good for all 4 tanks" this isn't fully true cause dk's would use a rune like stoneskin which I would think would get a re-do its curently stam Def but with no more defence maybe a stam boost or maybe just have tanks use Fallen cruader self heal and strength
    This reminds me. DK's didn't ship with the defense enchants originally. Blizz was adamant that they could do fine without them (so they might just dump them in Cataclysm). Also, I believe Blizz implied that they preferred DKs using runes instead of tanking enchants (not that LK shipped with any worthwhile tanking enchant...).

So, that makes me wonder if we're just going to lose tanking enchants completely in Cataclysm? We'll end up using dps-ish enchants (although we'd probably focus on stuff like +hit like we did in early LK with the weapon chain).

I'd personally like to see some straight up threat enchants. I dont know how it's going in Beta but i'm guessing Blizzard is still sticking to static threat components or even if scaling, still extra threat on abilities to facilitate tanking. Even if they arent doing it now, they'll end up reverting to it later on otherwise you get the unkillable tank who does a ton of damage.

I'd be partial to something like "Each time you avoid an attack you have a chance to increase the threat of your next special attack by 30%" 30 sec internal cooldown.

I miss Executioner on the Swiftsteel Bludgeon, Mongoose on the Brutalizer
    RIP Original Crusader also.
    Weapon enchants have gotten worse as the game ages.

The reason weapon enchants (especially for tanks) have gotten worse as the game has progressed, is because of PvP. That's why I suggested all tank enchants be deactivated while in PvP combat. They can have PvP weapon enchants for PvP people. Tired of PvE tanking constantly being held back and left without options, because of people exploiting the survivability for PvP combat.

As far as staves and polearms and any other 2H weapons that might be used for tanking, I have no intention of leaving them out. I was providing an example of what an enchant might say and what kind of exclusions it might use.

The point is, we don't have any good tanking enchants in WotLK, because they thought in PTR that they were being abused in PvP. Why are Blood Draining and Blade Ward procs so weak? because players were using them in PvP for survival and it was too effective, so they scaled it back. Why no stamina weapon enchant? because people were using in PTR for PvP and it was too popular.

That's enough, isolate PvP from PvE, possibly even restrict PvP from PvE servers. If not, start making PvE enchants to where they deactivate in PvP. The problem is PvP, not PvE. That's my point.

I didn't see anyone post this, but this was datamined a bit ago and is on wowhead for your perusal now.

http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=74244

I do, personally like it. Though I wonder how useful it would be for a druid using their new movement speed increasing roar. Sure their roar is short duration, but this would obviously be too.

+ Reply to Thread