+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A new tank wepon enchant

A new tank wepon enchant

if blizz were to introduce a new tank wepon enchant for cata, what would you like to see from it?

personally i would love to see somthing that works in tandem with the shield, for example "enchant wep- major shield user" chance on hit allows enchanted wep to proc 6K armour. requires shield to be equipped.

I would see that as more of a shield enchant, no? For a weapon, I would think something for parry, but then again we already have blade warding. There was a weapon enchant in PTR for 75 stam I believe that was taken out before the patch hit (whichever one it was).
    You can whine and moan, but the gnome mage will always win.

They probably won't introduce a high-stam weapon enchant. Like I said in the previous thread about this, I think Blizzard's enchant designer has a drinking game where he takes a drink whenever people disagree over what enchant is the best.
    Personally, I like the choices given for weapon enchants, and I hope that we'll see more of what we have now. (ie - hit, blood draining, blade warding, mongoose to choose from.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

So long as it doesn't follow Blade Warding's proc model, I don't care too much.
    I like how both Blood Draining and Mongoose work as far as mechanics.

Ideally an enchantment that all 4 tanks would at least consider equipping - might be a pipe dream though.
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

Ideally an enchantment that all 4 tanks would at least consider equipping - might be a pipe dream though.
    But the arguments over which is best would be even worse if durrrids got involved! >.> <.<
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    But the arguments over which is best would be even worse if durrrids got involved! >.> <.<
    These arguments are what Blizzard wants in their weapon enchants - they've stated pretty clearly that they don't want one enchant to be the best.
    That's why they axed the 75 stam enchant - everyone would just take that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    There are a ton of options available that would accomodate all 4 tanks, in addition to the Mongoose/Blood Draining types.

Chance on avoidance to increase Mastery Rating by XX
    Chance on taking dmg to increase HP/Stam/Armor by X%.

Also as Martie said - not sure there should really be 1 "best" option for any class. It's kinda disappointing to me that DK tanks have been using the same weapon enhancement from level 74 all the way to Heroic LK. There will undoubtably be some that are better in "most cases", but there's nothing you can do about that.
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

glad the first two posts in this thread COMPLETELY EXCLUDE DRUIDS!

Personally I would love to see an updated mongoose

blood draning mongoose combo... eh op maybe?
    Id like like to see more of what enchant would fit this scenario better, just like we do with our gear. As for druid (id say dks to but you got you own stuff) it would be nice to see some 2 handed tanking enchants.
    Generally speaking, the Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death.
    Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Itsover View Post
    blood draning mongoose combo... eh op maybe?
    Can we call it Rabid Weasel?

Quote Originally Posted by Andenthal View Post
    Actually, I like it completely the opposite. Maybe it's because I play multiple tank classes but I would like to see more diversity between them. DK should be different from the warrior and the warrior the paladin, etc. That goes with enchants, especially as far weapon enchants go because otherwise, we pretty much utilize the same enchants across the board.

I want an on-use enchant.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    I want an on-use enchant.
    Like having an extra trinket?

Isn't there a new one on Beta right now? I think it's chance on hit for dodge rating.

Obviously, an armor proc enchant would be really awesome. Other than that, I've always thought it would be really awesome if Blood Draining actually DRAINED hp from the boss. Basically, every time it procs it could do the ~400 damage or whatever to your target (the same amount of hp that is "stored" for later use if you drop below 35%). That would probably be my favorite enchant. Blood Draining + some extra dmg/threat!

I'd like a "simple" enchant, say +X% Parry (seems the most obvious for a weapon, after all how does a weapon offer you extra armor?).

And then two "procced" ones.
    One should actually be indirect, procs onto the enemy that their next melee attack heals that target for Y over Z seconds. Effectively offtanks could even proc it for the current tank then.
    The other to mirror the current Blood Draining, low-health healing proc enchant.
    SQUEAK.
    --(The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)

my armour proc idea was a pipe dream lol,

but the idea of the on use with a CD plus mabe a passive stat would be very cool, perhaps an on use fixate(mocking blow) with a passive crit(or doge) bonous would be very cool.

I think and on use enchant for a weapon would be great....for engineers. Seems to me that it would fit a bit better. I do like the idea of multiple enchants to choose from. As long as none of them are anything like Lifeward.

Just a personal thing.

Weapon enchants seem to be going in a good direction. BUT...
    Wtb better shield enchants! Id like to see something like how the unidentified organ works on a shield. Not to the extent of the trinket but a smaller version and by doing that you could up the 2handers enchants say chance on hit you gain X amount of parry.
    Generally speaking, the Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death.
    Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Carighan View Post
    (seems the most obvious for a weapon, after all how does a weapon offer you extra armor?).
    Never question the almighty WoW...

+ Reply to Thread