+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury Warrior Heroic Strike/Cleave (on next attack) Swing Addon?

Fury Warrior Heroic Strike/Cleave (on next attack) Swing Addon?

I am completely re-designing my UI since I am switching from a MT role over into a Fury DPS role and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or suggestions for either a swing timer or something to assist in making sure you are notified that you should press Heroic Strike or Cleave to get it qued for your next attack?

Obviously there are rage considerations but if you were in an infinite rage scenario (which you frequently are with end-game gear) it would be helpful to have some kind of timer to ensure you have Heroic Strike/Cleave qued up without constantly spamming them.

As a Prot Warrior I simply spammed the **** out of Heroic Strike however switching to Fury with a MUCH slower swing speed it seems like it might be worthwhile to time things based on swing but I don't think Quartz swing timer handles dual wield Fury very well.

Any thoughts?

One option might be to explore power auras. I know you can set up auras for when rage reaches certain thresholds. I do not know if you can have it set up to check for if an ability is toggled for on-next-attack. In other words I know you can assign something to happen when say rage is above 50, however I don't know if you can also set it up to only show it if heroic strike / cleave isn't already toggled.

If you just want a swing timer you could use Quartz and just enable to Swing timer portion of it. Particularly if you have any other alts that are caster types you may already use Quartz more fully for them.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

I have quartz but i don't think the swing timer works well for Fury dual wield, anyone know if Quartz handles that correctly?

Quartz's swing timer doesn't really work well even with a single weapon. Add on dual wield, and it'll be correct maybe 30% of the time. There isn't much addon support for "on next swing" attacks, as there are very few attacks like that in the game. Plus these types of attacks are more than likely going to be removed in Cata, so I don't see anyone bothering to write an addon to support such attacks.

BUT, what I do is simply put an action bar right by my character that have both heroic strike and cleave on it, that way I can easily tell if they are active or not.
    I realize that this doesn't really solve the swing timer issue, but I've always found my swings difficult to predict anyway, especially with Flurry.

What about an addon that specifically grays Heroic Strike or Cleave out so that if you have an action bar beside your character (i prefer dominos) it is extra easy to see. If un-qued it would appear normal, if qued it would get grayed out? Basically that seems like an extension of ButtonFacade with a REALLY pronounced difference for buttons when qued vs normal, anyone have something like that?
    Last edited by Squirrelnut; 08-06-2010 at 02:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread