+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To much Aggro

To much Aggro

I'm my guilds Off Tank for ICC 10 and im having problems of taking aggro off the Main Tank. We are both well geared and i almost stop all my attacks other then auto attack when he has the boss, but when i have to use Sunder Armor to keep the stacks going i seem to take aggro off of him. I am a warrior and he is a paladin. If someone could help me out. Thanks

You need to make sure that he is actually using his skills properly, and not just white swinging, you also need to make sure that your hunters and rogues are not misdirecting and tricksing you when its his turn to tank.

To much Aggro

I doubt there is much we can do to help you out but there is a lot we can do to help him out. Need more info about him and his rotation.

My only other thought is make sure you don't have TotT and MD still going to you at the times he has the boss.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Not enough data. Are your gear levels comparable? What spec is your protadin comrade using - IE is he talented into a good threat build? Do your aggro problems persist throughout the fight or do you notice them most at the start?

Instead of slowing your rotation when you start to run into aggro-related turbulence, maybe try going slow at the start and once he's got a lead, run your normal rotation.

The Hunter and Rogue in the raid doesnt have to use MD or TotT. We are around the same gear im not sure what spec and its goes through out the whole fight. And with my rotation i dont have one when i dont have the boss on me, i cant if i use over 5 attacks i have aggro again

The Hunter and Rogue in the raid doesnt have to use MD or TotT.
    There's no reason not to be using these talents, particularly if your MT is having threat issues with the offtank.

Providing armory links for your toon and your paladin chum's would be fruitful.

Regnarg-http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ras&cn=Regnarg
    Sdsxwrath-http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...s&cn=Sdsxwrath
    Ill tell them to start useing them for him im not sure if they dont use them but i never see eather on me

2/3 of the problem is his build. He doesn't have key threat talents like Vindication or Crusade
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

If its possible, you should tank first. This way, you can build a decent threat lead and when he taunts off of you, the actual threat amount should be high enough to keep you from ripping back unless you go nuts.

Does he have problems with threat with dps? Youre not using vigilance on him, are you?
    Deeps for show..... tank for dough.....

How is Vindication a threat talent?

Does this guy miss a lot of taunts? His hit rating looks pretty bad. And he doesn't have that glyph for them. I believe the taunts count as spells, requiring 17% extra hit. His spell hit is 5.57%, meaning he's missing more than 1 in every 10 taunts.

I have Vigilance on the hunter in the group because he is alwasy 3rd in threat. And i dont do anything but hit a few attacks to keep stacks up and keep rend on shieldslam when its up thats about it and i take aggro back. In dps he does more then me i guess because he can still go almost all out when i have the boss on me but i have to almost stop everything so i dont take aggro back when he has the boss.

To much Aggro

He has numerous things that needs to be fixed.

Remove:
    All 5 from divinity - essentially proven to be mostly overheals
    Both points in guardians favor
    One point from spiritual attunement

He now has 8 points to play with

Add:
    1 to judgements of the just - no idea why he wouldn't fill this out
    2 to pursuit of justice - movement speed is hard to quantify but impossible to replace
    3 in crusade - probably the best threat talent a prot pally can reach
    2 in vindication - this will reduce more damage than divinity would ever heal back. Don't underestimate reducing the mob's attack power

Next, blade ward is bad. If threat is the issue, go with mongoose on the weapon

Don't EVER gem parry. Needs an agil/stam gem in the helm to activate the meta and get the +12 bonus. He skipped this on and then used bad gems (in some cases two or three) to hit the socket bonus on other pieces. Other than this agil/stam, all of his gems should be 30 stam. Get rid of the nightmare and all those parry gems.

He doesn't even have his third minor and the glyph of sense undead is not one of the two he used. A damage buff to undead in an all undead raid when he isnfightingnthreat problems. Is he even trying? Get rid of the spiritual attunement glyph. I recommend righteous defense to ensure taunts miss less often but with threat issues, judgement glyph would be good too.

All of this points to a common idea of what's wrong...he really has not researched his class. With that fundamental idea, I almost guarantee he is not using the 969, at least not correctly.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Well im guessing he got the idea for blade ward because he has seen many warriors with it. Ive been told that its the best for warriors and it has helped out alot so he thought it would be good for him as well.

@Regnarg: Any reason why you opted not to take gag order? 10% shield slam damage is nothing to sneeze at. Gag order>Cruelty or Iron Will.

Also, did you notice that your shoulders aren't enchanted. And wouldn't the JC only gems be cool to have?

Well i just got my JC to 345 so i cant use them yet with my shoulders yes i know there not i dont need it but i will get them when i have some extra cash. Im going to go back to gag order when i get some money ive just been spending it all on JC to get it up to make more money. And no gag order isnt better then iron will because i need iron will to get farther into the talent tree to get inpale and deep wounds

Quote Originally Posted by Lucen View Post
    How is Vindication a threat talent?

Does this guy miss a lot of taunts? His hit rating looks pretty bad. And he doesn't have that glyph for them. I believe the taunts count as spells, requiring 17% extra hit. His spell hit is 5.57%, meaning he's missing more than 1 in every 10 taunts.
    Hey, I answered this between bouts of cutting up a side of beef. Well, 1/2 a side. So, I was a might bit distracted. I think the OW OW OW...and my mother (60+ years young, tyvm) running to the sink may have also affected my brain.

The RD glyph, the Sense Undead glyph are going to help him a lot.

Prot Majors: Judgement, RD, HotR, and Vengence. I switch out RD and HotR depending on trash or boss.
    Prot Minors: Undead (extra dmg in a raid full of it? No brainer.); LoH and ... (I use BoKings)

Blade Ward is bad.

He needs +275 health to chest, not +10 stats. Gemming parry is bad. Others have said how to fix it.

I have to go cut more meat now...
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

To much Aggro

Not to start another massive argument thread, but between blood draining and mongoose it depends on if you want marginally better threat with minor mitigation (mongoose) or the added EH (blood draining). Most agree, however, blade ward is not good for any class. The uptime is terrible and even when it is up, the parry proc is not as good as it seems due to how hard diminishing returns hits parry especially.

Well i just got my JC to 345 so i cant use them yet with my shoulders yes i know there not i dont need it but i will get them when i have some extra cash. Im going to go back to gag order when i get some money ive just been spending it all on JC to get it up to make more money. And no gag order isnt better then iron will because i need iron will to get farther into the talent tree to get inpale and deep wounds
    Wow.

1. If you're a tank in a guild working on progression in ICC, you need to have all of your gear enchanted. You are doing your guild a disservice by not making the most out of the gear that you have.

2. Most tanks use improved charge to reach up for impale/deep wounds. Iron Will is primarily a pvp talent and won't do you a lot of good in pve.

The problem is not yours .. it's his ... end of story

Get him to get his butt to tankspot and fix stuff up.

I always like a tank gemming for parry its so "faux tanko" and says alot ^_^
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

watch his TPS (threat per second) on Omen.
    From my experience:

Druid tank:
    232 items T9/heroics, single target (boss), 10 man raid -> 5-6k TPS
    264 items T10/Icc25, single target (boss), 10 man raid -> 8-10k TPS

Since all tanks are preety much close to each other, this should be valid for all tanks. If he, with a mix of mainly ilvl 251 items, does like below 5k TPS on boss fights, something is terribly wrong.

+ Reply to Thread