+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please help, Last time i hope

Please help, Last time i hope

Now here is my second and hopefully LAST post on HALP!

I am a level 80 ret paladin with Holy OS. I have brought my gs up a bit since last post however, DPS = Fail still. Keep in mind, i KNOW skill > GS. I'm not bad and I realize ret rotation is FCFS. I do use skills fast enough, just to get that out of the way. Here is a Link to my Pally and ALL info would be awesome!

P.S. My legs, and waist are both pvp, I know, also my shoulders are gemmed hit rating, and I know I am over capped.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Mil%C3%AAko

I hope bumping is allowed. I really need some help

I'm not sure what information you are looking for. You know you have suboptimal conditions, why are you expecting glorious DPS? When you say Fail DPS, what precisely is that number on a fight you can stand and DPS, like Saurfang (or something in ToC or heroics, if you wish)? Did you save combat logs to help prove to yourself you are doing things optimally?

Here, let me toss on some more items
    -You have a lot of items unenchanted, and some of the few items you do have enchanted are not the best you can get
    -You still have some lowbie gems, presumably because you plan on replacing it soon. If you are still at that stage, expect results accordingly
    -Your Expertise Skill is 5, you need 26 expertise skill, which is more important to achieve first than hit rating

Awesome! That definitely helps a lot. My DPS in ICC single target is running 3.7k - 4.7k.

Ditch the SoComm glyph for the Glyph of SoV, ditch one of those hit trinkets for...anything really (Mirror of Truth is good, for example, or even Banner of Victory would be a step in the right direction). Pursuit of Justice is a good talent, you really shouldn't skip it. Obviously you know you need to replace your PvP gear, but really any of those pieces with ArP on them could go for something more viable too (especially the neck).

And as Insahnity said...your enchants either don't exist or are sub-par...which will definitely affect your dps. Also you didn't extra-socket your bracers or gloves despite being a blacksmith...basically you've got a pile of gear that is working at half-speed because you haven't done anything with it. That and you have excessive hit because of gearscore. Stop that...higher ilevel doesn't mean more dps...especially in the case of hit.

Just to further demoralize you....

4700 dps is probably your Saurfang or equivalent. That's the best you can pull. Now Subtract 30% damage from ICC buff, you are really only doing about 3600 DPS at best, and with movements you are pulling 2800 DPS.

I'm assuming its 10 mans, and you are running with 10 man raid buffs. This means in heroics (you are running those daily for badges, yes??) this means you are probably doing 2300-ish, assuming in your raids you have a food buff and a flask (I hope), probably fish feasts based on your apparent finances, so you get to double-dip as a paladin (don't worry, fish feasts are the best for paladins once you cap hit and expertise).

I don't have a ret pally (mine's prot/holy), but my brand new rogue pushes 4+k single target dps with in heroics (alright, she has a http://www.wowhead.com/item=47499 , but still, you could get 2 more sockets from your gloves and bracers if you got off yer butt and ground out the 8 saronite bars and the eternal shadow and earth, and actually gemmed it). And that's with gear ranging from 200 to 245 (I have 264 pants, but I also have a level 70 trinket and a blue trinket in the other slot, and 219/234 weapons to your Brin'troll (264). Sure, rogues are supposed to be high DPS, but I wager with equivalent gear as yours i'd be pushing 5-6k in heroics alone, and I'm 100% sure I'm about the crappiest rogue you have ever met in terms of rotation. And although I have this unhealthy and insanely strong urge to violently strangle anybody who utters GS in my presence, I will make an exception for you and say your GS is about 500 over my rogue according to wtfismygearscore.com. In contrast, my mage which has a GS about 300 over yours does 7k single target while half asleep late at night, and pushes 10-12k single target if I pop CDs, but arcane mages can do good dps with their thumbs in their backsides. Similar GS Ret paladins as my mage in Random PuGs, who lack the mage CDs, consistently pull 7-8k as well, so it isn't a class issue or even a skill issue if you see that in PuGs.

Now never mention that term again please.*straightens collar*

The point is, I am having a hard time believe you have optimized your FCFS routine, and by a fair margin.
    You need combat logs to tell you what you are doing wrong, or at least spend some time on the target dummies and push your dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    Ditch the SoComm glyph for the Glyph of SoV, ditch one of those hit trinkets for...anything really (Mirror of Truth is good, for example, or even Banner of Victory would be a step in the right direction). Pursuit of Justice is a good talent, you really shouldn't skip it. Obviously you know you need to replace your PvP gear, but really any of those pieces with ArP on them could go for something more viable too (especially the neck).

And as Insahnity said...your enchants either don't exist or are sub-par...which will definitely affect your dps. Also you didn't extra-socket your bracers or gloves despite being a blacksmith...basically you've got a pile of gear that is working at half-speed because you haven't done anything with it. That and you have excessive hit because of gearscore. Stop that...higher ilevel doesn't mean more dps...especially in the case of hit.
    A few other points
    -ArPen is not that great for paladins. IF you have a choice, go with plate that doesn't have it, unless the other stats more than make up for it.
    -For DPS, you will not be sorry if you spent frost badges on http://www.wowhead.com/item=50355 (probably more important than the libram, you would have been fine with http://www.wowhead.com/item=47661 (I actually tank with that sucker, it's so good for DPS). But I think its too late probably.
    -This is the standard Build as per ElitistJerks.com http://www.wowhead.com/item=47661
    (You should have read http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t68951-r...updated_3_3_a/ )
    However, I admire your wilingness to spec into vindication, this helps your tanks. I would advocate you use this spec if you want to keep vindication, while picking up Pursuit of Justice. http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...31302133231331

All I can add to what everyone is saying .... you know the problem yet you do nothing about them.. explain????

You are massively over hit yet you have not 1 but 2 hit trinkets and a hit gem. Your expertise is 5 yet
    you ignore that.

Most of your gear isn't enchanted (head,shoulder,chest,hands,back,no bonus belt socket)

Your spec and glyphs have been commented on.

All this and you are expecting to be doing decent dps????

The fact you mention it make me worry but sorry to me it looks like the usual GS fail you are loading up stuff based on gear score not understanding. My paladin tank offspec dps gear has a gear score of 4769 from memory and it does 7800 DPS on saurfang and around 4K in heroics. Gerbil score is not and does not tell you anything about dps it simply gives ilevel of gear so its useful to the extent that at a glance you can tell you what gear level a person has.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

+ Reply to Thread