+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stuck at sindy 10 man normal....

Stuck at sindy 10 man normal....

We are a guild and have been around for a few years now our name has just changed, we are on a server where progression is kind of slow for most guilds, some a little faster so im posting here not to be flamed(yes ive seen how brutal folks can be lol) but for some help... i would like to know what we are doing wrong and what advise can you give to better us and get us past sindragosa in 10 man..

The Set Up: MT: Pally OT: Warrior | Heals: Druid/Pally | RDPS: Mage, Mage, Druid(swaps to heals when needed), Hunter | MDPS: Warrior/Pally.

Now we have downed everything in normal mode and are all geared decently 5.5k gs via addon minimum. most are 5.7-6.0. We are for some reason stuck at sindy. we down first and 2nd phase simply, but third phase we cannot seem to get past 3rd phase (sindys health: 25%) every time we die its at this point so i frapsed the attempts and cut everything but third phase out. our tanks are taunting at 5 stacks. third phase when folks get ice blocked we put all of our dps on the block to get it down quickly. you will see what we do in the video.. we are going back in to hopefully down sindy tonite and some help on what we are doing wrong or what we arent doing would be awesome. i know the first clip i get popped, sent out a brez and one of my mdps ran in my direction (a mess up ofc) but the other ones are legitiment attempts. anyways i appreciate all feed back looking to down this tonite.. heres a link to the attempts via youtube.

Video is sped up to 160%
    everyones help is desperately needed so that we can push past and finally attempt the lich king.

Quote Originally Posted by Choppa View Post
    hird phase when folks get ice blocked we put all of our dps on the block to get it down quickly.
    this single thing is the reason you are wiping.

assign 1 person and 1 person only to kill blocks. you always want the block to die 1-2 seconds before the next block is out unless it is a healer
    (unless the healer has unchained in which case leave the healer blocked too)

you lose DPS on sind by having everyone swap and you are forcing people to reset stacks at that exact moment vs any time in the next 10 seconds

As said assign 1 dps to break ice blocks and a second on backup incase the assigned person is the IB target.
    You need dps on her the longer this drags on the more likely you are to fail. Can I also say you are extremely
    caster heavy usually its melee that does the IB breakout as they dont get unchained magic.

Preferably the iceblocks need to be closer in so melee and tanks dont have to run as far. You need to be careful
    with head placement but both definitely closer.

All the range and healers should be stacked up tight to not get in way you are spread out all over place like you are.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

As Ugly said, if your ranged all stacks on one another everything will be a lot cleaner and more easily identifiable.

Heals: Druid/Pally
    Thare's your other problem

RDPS...Druid(swaps to heals when needed)
    not good enough (I assume he heals while in dps spec?)

This fight needs 3 dedicated healers for a easy kill. reasoning is:
    if you go with 2 healers, and one of them gets tombed, or can't cast due to instability, then your other healer gets overwhelmed*(throw some "I have to move cuz of ability" and you have now a perfect wipe storm). The Rdps druid throwing some heals ain't going to cut it.

*Glossary: Overwhelmed: see "getting behind on heals" syndrome. Tied with "people dieing and i'm GCD locked and can't throw them a heal in time" theory

Edit: 1 day later, offteam raid, 2 healers: 40 minutes of wipes. Switched to 3 healers, 1 shot
    Last edited by Timberton; 08-12-2010 at 10:40 PM.

Thanks for all your help guys. our problem was we were obviously too spread out.. and on third phase we definately cleaned it up alot.. i was having all our dps down the blocks which was preventing most from releaving their stacks.. then our 2nd problem was tanks making sure they are clearing their stacks. we got that all situated and downed it like pros, took us 4 days to make sure we had the fight down.. theres alot of movement in this fight.. some say its a breeze.. but for a group of 10 people who had not done this fight.. it was definately considered to be the hardest fight in my opinion. putricide is a breeze. princes are easy. bq is cake. valithria and sindy are so far the most difficult fights that i have noticed. ive been studying the lk fight to take my guys in there tonite.. and im really not too worried about that fight at all.. it looks relatively simple as long as folks do what they are supposed too. im not sayin i think we will one shot it but thats definately the goal haha. awesome help in here though and thanks for assisting us in downing sindragosa and helping us get the achievement for frostwing halls! i also frapsed us when we killed him and planned on making a tutorial for our guild that will help us out. i like tankspots videos but sometimes i get a little confused on them.. no offense or disrespect intended at all on that. but thanks tankspot

Off-topic, but do you need 4 sets of raid frames? The TukUI ones, the Blizzard ones, Healbot (I think) and Decursive?

Quote Originally Posted by Choppa View Post
    Thanks for all your help guys. our problem was we were obviously too spread out.. and on third phase we definately cleaned it up alot.. i was having all our dps down the blocks which was preventing most from releaving their stacks.. then our 2nd problem was tanks making sure they are clearing their stacks. we got that all situated and downed it like pros, took us 4 days to make sure we had the fight down.. theres alot of movement in this fight.. some say its a breeze.. but for a group of 10 people who had not done this fight.. it was definately considered to be the hardest fight in my opinion. putricide is a breeze. princes are easy. bq is cake. valithria and sindy are so far the most difficult fights that i have noticed. ive been studying the lk fight to take my guys in there tonite.. and im really not too worried about that fight at all.. it looks relatively simple as long as folks do what they are supposed too. im not sayin i think we will one shot it but thats definately the goal haha. awesome help in here though and thanks for assisting us in downing sindragosa and helping us get the achievement for frostwing halls! i also frapsed us when we killed him and planned on making a tutorial for our guild that will help us out. i like tankspots videos but sometimes i get a little confused on them.. no offense or disrespect intended at all on that. but thanks tankspot
    Let us know how LK goes. Even with the 30% buff I find him far from a breeze at this point; in fairness phases 1 and 3 aren't too bad (I won't say easy), but phase 2 is really a coordination check. Good luck.

I would also change where you are placing your tombs, move them near her head, that way your tanks dont have to run across the map to clear their stacks.

Try tanking her in the middle of the area, raid camps in the middle inbetween the iceblock spots, one spot is next to the head, one is by the tail. 1 melee dps is responsible for the majority of damage to the blocks and calls out for assistance if needed or if blocked himself. Three healers is a tactical must, even if one healer could do it alone. If one healer is blocked and one has unstable magic then you will wipe if you don't have a backup.

Yea we downed her our positioning was obviously far off lol we put her in the middle and kept dps on sindy the entire time while relieving stacks, we are at lk but only gave it a night of attempts, got lk to 45% which i thought was really good after like 4 attempts, we should have lk down this week im thinking and ill be very pleased, i record all of our encounters so i dont forget these fights. Yea phase 2 is a check.. but i honestly think the transition phase is brutal. downing those spirits well trying to get them down before phase 2 starts can be a pain but we are getting it down. the defile is a pain though ill tell you that. i think we will get it this week, thanks for all of the support, definitely expected a different experience here. as far as frames, i like my tukui, i use healbot because im a resto druid, and i use decursive. i feel all 3 are needed, idk doesnt bother me at all ive gotten pretty accustom to it. Thanks guys!

Congratulations for the kill.

fot lich king: Do not expect to get the third spirit down before the first valkyr spawns when starting out the fight. Telling the whole raid to turn on speech bubbles and to run away from the bubble while the defile player runs in the opposite direction can help with defile. The second and fourth Valkyr wave coincides with defile so you will need to practice spreading out and collapsing quickly (dry runs before activating the boss can help). blood lust in the P2-3 transition when the first spirit spawns, the aim is to get into P3 with one spirit up and maybe a second low on health. Save damage cooldowns for these phases.

+ Reply to Thread