+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stam vs Defence advice needed

Stam vs Defence advice needed

Hey guys,

I'm currently the MT for my guild and we're progressing through ICC10 and looking to get into ICC25 soon.

At the moment my defence rating is 558 and im wondering if it's worth losing some of it in favour of stamina gemming?

Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rne&cn=Keydien

Note i have the 37 Stam/ 20 Defence enchant on my head piece which isn't shown in armory. So total defence is actually 558.

Any advice?

Yes, go stam stam stam stam stam. you are at the level where you benefit more from stamina than avoidances, you can switch alot of your gems for stamina, you have a few parry gems, which are kinda bad, trade those out for just 30 stam unless its a 12 stam bonus, or to keep the meta, which an agi/stam gem will go better with. you have 18 stam chants in abunch of slots, which you can switch for better chants,

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...em&cn=Shieldie Use my paladins chants as a guide. you can stand to gain a decent amount of stamina with a few minor switches. with the 30stam/15 resil chant you only need 536 defense.

I've had a quick look at your gear and you have followed the general gem colouring priority of gear and gear sockets.

In general, this strategy does not apply to tanks because Stamina will provide good benefit regardless how many gems you socket in your gear, while other stats will start to provide less benefits as they get higher. In particular, avoidance such as parry and dodge will be affected by deminishing returns and will not give you the full power of a gem for a given socket compared to socketing Stamina.

So, Stick to putting Solid Majestic Zircons in a socket. Only vary from this under 2 circumstances:

1: to satisfy a socket requirement that gives you +9 stamina or better at the cost of hybridising one (and one only) gem. In this case, you can use a green defense/stam, hit/stam, or purple expertise/stam or str/stam as suits your needs. Remember, one and one only.

2: to activate your meta. If you stick to rule 1 above this should not be an issue.

Following these 2 rules, you will get lots of health, which will be furhter boosted by the ICC buff.

Also, this means that the gem in your helmet is a good choice. Change the red gem in your belt to a purple one, and then you are also golden there... and that shoudl be enough to satisfy your meta, and you can gem everything else Stamina.

+ Reply to Thread