+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iPhone/iPad app ideas

iPhone/iPad app ideas

Hey all,

I am starting to learn the process for creating an app for the iPhone/iPad and although I have some of my own ideas, such as a Cataclysm beta talent calculator, I was wondering what kinds of apps you guys would like to see, and then I can see if it would be possible for me to make them. Any ideas are welcome, WoW and non-WoW related. Thanks!
    You can whine and moan, but the gnome mage will always win.

What would be incredible:

An app that would automaticly sync with your in-game chat channels. The following chats could be included based on a character selection (Characters current location)
    Guild chat, Friend chat & Battle.net chat
    General chat, Trade chat & Local defence

I don't know whether this is already possible (I know you can manage your Auctions with an app) but the same app to manage your mail.

This would so raise my addiction to a whole new level of me being able to "play" when travelling with the train! I know, I could do this by a laptop but I'm not that rich.
    EU | Genjuros | Buffalowings
    -| Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment. |-

Those ideas are only possible for "Blizzard" to make, not the "I" from the prior post. You can't define your own points of integration into Blizzard's systems, only they can. A third party app that would be developed by someone not in Blizzard would be limited to feeding off data Blizzard already provides, such as armory data. For example, you could make a mobile form of Rawr which feeds off armory data.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

iPhone/iPad app ideas

Tol Borad timer.

That would actually be an interesting app, especially if you could have it set to alert you if control of the zone changes. Instead of signing into a server for 30 seconds just to check.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

+ Reply to Thread