+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Last Word for Warriors

Wouldn't it help more than you would expect because most of your threat from HS/Cleave is based primarily on weapon damage? Most other warrior tank abilities produce threat based on AP which doesn't increase in buff thus all the threat problems due to the 30% buff?? I'm kind of new to warrior tanking but it seems like it would help.

AP does scale with buffs like kings because hopefully all your AP comes from the strength found on your gear.
    The 30% buff buff's damage directly not the ap or strength you have.

Quote Originally Posted by thebda View Post
    Wouldn't it help more than you would expect because most of your threat from HS/Cleave is based primarily on weapon damage?
    A slow weapon might do more damage per HS/Cleave, but will do less overall. The DPS difference is negligible, but the threat from a fast weapon makes it more useful.
    Most other warrior tank abilities produce threat based on AP which doesn't increase in buff thus all the threat problems due to the 30% buff?? I'm kind of new to warrior tanking but it seems like it would help.
    The problem with Warrior threat is that not all threat output scales with the damage you do. e.g. Paladins get almost double threat from Holy damage, but Warriors get a portion of their threat as fixed (innate) numbers.

Example:
    My Warrior gets 1234 innate threat per Devastate which does not scale with the ICC buff. That means that a 30% damage increase on Devastate only relates into a ~22,7% threat increase. This mechanic is present on all major tanking abilities (Shield Slam, Revenge, Devastate, Sunder Armor, Heroic Strike & Cleave)
    This is something Paladins and DKs don't have to worry about (all their threat is based on damage done) and Bears only have little problems with it because it is only Maul that receives this threatment (and that provides far more damage than threat anyway)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

+ Reply to Thread